What do you think of Aegis Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
First Aegis i tried was the Aegis Legend 2 then i tried the S100 kit,both were sent to me for review purposes by Sourcemore.

To be honest well yes they are good solid mods,my reviews were favorable but on a personal note i prefer a rubberized mod over a mod with a mix of metal,rubber (silica gel) and with some leather.

Do you have any plans in making a mod similar to the Jackaroo by Vandy Vape?

Now that would be a type of mod i would be interested in buying,same durability and sturdiness of the Aegis but with a rubber skin around the whole mod.

Reactions: Chiisaiinu

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    200w Aegis Legend has been my goto for past few years. That said I wont be buying anymore geekvape products for a bit. Their customer service team has been abysmal for me, and the devices have constantly needed firmware updates to repair software issues. Also after a while I have found all 4 Aegis mods I have had begin to have difficulty detecting batteries, that other devices seem to detect no issue. My guess is this is loose quality assurance issue regarding the contacts on the hot and neutral side.

They have been for the most part solid mods, but its time to move on and try something more user friendly for me.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Which one is your first Aegis Series and then impressed you? :?:

My first Aegis that I tried was the original Solo when it came out that I was sent for review. I have either reviewed or purchased just about every Aegis made. I even found a Zeus edition Legend that I bought from overseas a year or so ago. I think the only ones I haven't tried are ones that came out in the past six months when my review rep from Geekvape stopped contacting me. I purchased multiples of my favorites like the Solo.

Reactions: dreamvaper

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I have almost all devices from the Aegis series (except few of the newest ones) and I guess I'm a fan of Aegis family.
    First device was Legend (1) I believe and I still love it.:toast:
    This would be me as well. The AF and AS chip are both great performers. About the only Aegis mods I don't own are the original Aegis (26500 version), M100, and S100 after I boarded the 21700 battery train, lol.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    This would be me as well. The AF and AS chip are both great performers. About the only Aegis mods I don't own are the original Aegis (26500 version), M100, and S100 after I boarded the 21700 battery train, lol.

I don't remember where I found it but I picked up the 26500 version a year or two ago. It was hard to find and I'm sure impossible now.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I have the original 26650 version of the Aegis. Bought it when it first came out but always used it with an 18650 battery. It's been a sturdy, washable attty stand for coil dry-burning/rinsing for the last few years.

The only other Aegis I own is the first Boost. I like the rdta that came with that.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My first 2 are Solo's and they've both been very good for me.

I have one Max. The battery door started not screwing on properly after the warranty period was over. Googled and found that others have had that problem too and it's not been addressed by GeekVape. I have a plan to fix it, but for now it's in my vape stash box.

Just bought a Legend 2 and it's vaped great so far but has failed to detect a battery twice. I had to open the door and close it again. It's about a week old and the contacts look fine. I suspect I'm going to have to fiddle with that sometime too. The USB port cover is also a little loose, it's easy to open it by mistake. Not so good for the IP68 rating. I might get to see how GeekVape warranty service is now.

After my experience with the Solo's I considered GeekVape a trusted, above average brand. At this point I'm pretty negative about them.

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My first 2 are Solo's and they've both been very good for me.

I have one Max. The battery door started not screwing on properly after the warranty period was over. Googled and found that others have had that problem too and it's not been addressed by GeekVape. I have a plan to fix it, but for now it's in my vape stash box.

Just bought a Legend 2 and it's vaped great so far but has failed to detect a battery twice. I had to open the door and close it again. It's about a week old and the contacts look fine. I suspect I'm going to have to fiddle with that sometime too. The USB port cover is also a little loose, it's easy to open it by mistake. Not so good for the IP68 rating. I might get to see how GeekVape warranty service is now.

After my experience with the Solo's I considered GeekVape a trusted, above average brand. At this point I'm pretty negative about them.

I’d go ahead and contact their customer support while the legend 2 is under warranty and get it replaced. I have a blue one I bought that I’ve been using for months and it’s great. However it sounds like yours might have a loose connection or bad solder joint.

• Agree
    Reactions: Ryedan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread