What do you think of my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
Austin TX
I have a IPV3 with a MCV little boy rda.
Currently at .2-.3 ohms with 24g kanthal and 7-8 wraps running at 3.2V and 49W(High drain 30A CDR VTC5s(don't think they are legit VTC5s :( )). What can i do to produce more vapor?

20150222_192808.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have a IPV3 with a MCV little boy rda.
Currently at .2-.3 ohms with 24g kanthal and 7-8 wraps running at 3.2V and 49W(High drain 30A CDR VTC5s(don't think they are legit VTC5s :( )). What can i do to produce more vapor?

View attachment 414707

654235-what-do-you-think-my-setup.html

Seems like a nice build, you shouldn't be having any issues with it.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
3 things needed for massive plumes - airflow, build (coil to wick ratio), and VG / PG ratio (since you have an IPV3), Looks good, probably need more airflow? I don't know much about the MCV Little Boy atty, but I can suggest some pretty good (and inexpensive) atty's for fat cloud blowing:

1. MutationX (v1-v2-v3)
-OR-
2. doge (v1 or v2)

Both are pretty good in my opinion.

SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
Austin TX
3 things needed for massive plumes - airflow, build (coil to wick ratio), and VG / PG ratio (since you have an IPV3), Looks good, probably need more airflow? I don't know much about the MCV Little Boy atty, but I can suggest some pretty good (and inexpensive) atty's for fat cloud blowing:

1. MutationX (v1-v2-v3)
-OR-
2. Doge (v1 or v2)

Both are pretty good in my opinion.
Airflow=wide open, directly in front of coils
7-8 wraps with 24G Kanthal wrapped around 2mm screwdriver
Juice is 80VG/20PG
I have a Mutation x v1 but that surprisingly produces even less vapor then my little boy RDA.

Last edited:

SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
Austin TX
Probably batteries than.

Big difference between vtc3s, vtc5s and my samsung 25r batteries.

I am going to order some VTC4s(Authentic VTC4s) from illumination supply so we'll see how that turns out. I'll see if i can get a video of my vapor production and post that up just to give a general idea of what i'm producing.

I don't know how a Samsung 25r battery(20A CDR) can be better then a VTC4(30A CDR).

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I think you need more surface area imo. Your coil setup and wicking looks ok just remember more coil surface area will create more vapor. I tend to have issues with dry hits vaping a small diameter coil 2mm ID, 24g setup like your using.

The great thing about the IPV3 is that you have the power to fire larger coils. Try building a dual 24g, 7/64(2.78mm)ID, 8-10 wraps which should ohm out to .34-.41. This will give you more surface area and more wicking so you can take longer draws. Also I would search some inhale/exhale technique videos or forum posts. You definitely need some work on your exhale technique. It takes time and practice like everything else.

I'm currently using my Mutation X V3, dual 25g Kanthal, 7/64 ID, 9.5 wraps at .48 ohms on my IPV3 and I'm getting some stellar vapor production. Wicked with Japanese cotton ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424918249.156034.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424918257.218112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I can also vouch for Samsung 25R batteries, I just received two last week I purchased from Lightning Vapes. 2 pack for $14. I'm actually very impressed with them using on both my mech and IPV3. I've used them on .16 ohm build with no problems. Battery life is great and they don't get hot.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
As answering your question. I believe I can answer your issue and getting it to create more clouds. Paired with air flow, you might not believe me,.........wait for it...........a 1.0 ohm build. Yes, I said it. You have something great on your hands which is a Regulated Box Mod. The box mod users have what Mech Mod users don't. A way to control the power sent to the coils. I have a 1.0 build on my Mutation X v3 and can blow clouds like the rest of them and Not have to worry about having a VCT battery. Might not be the biggest and thickest cloud but it is right there with them. I have set my Sigelei 100 watt to 7.0 volts as I think that's what the ipv3 can do max voltage which comes out to 47.6 watts and it puts off the vapor just as good as my .16 ohm on my mech mod. Here is a link that explains it in further detail. Enjoy!!!! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ughts-about-sub-ohm-latest-vv-vw-devices.html

SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
Austin TX
I think you need more surface area imo. Your coil setup and wicking looks ok just remember more coil surface area will create more vapor. I tend to have issues with dry hits vaping a small diameter coil 2mm ID, 24g setup like your using.

The great thing about the IPV3 is that you have the power to fire larger coils. Try building a dual 24g, 7/64(2.78mm)ID, 8-10 wraps which should ohm out to .34-.41. This will give you more surface area and more wicking so you can take longer draws. Also I would search some inhale/exhale technique videos or forum posts. You definitely need some work on your exhale technique. It takes time and practice like everything else.

I'm currently using my Mutation X V3, dual 25g Kanthal, 7/64 ID, 9.5 wraps at .48 ohms on my IPV3 and I'm getting some stellar vapor production. Wicked with Japanese cotton View attachment 415521 View attachment 415522

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and see what happens. How many watts are you vaping at with that build?

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
On my dual 25g build i like it around 70 watts (5.85v) which gives me a heat flux around 230w/mm2. For the dual 24g build I mentioned to you I would run it between 60-90 watts depending on your end result coil. I don't like a super hot vape I prefer it more on the cooler side.

When you get around to
Building a new coil post it here again and we'll take a look. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask we are all here to help.

SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
Austin TX
On my dual 25g build i like it around 70 watts (5.85v) which gives me a heat flux around 230w/mm2. For the dual 24g build I mentioned to you I would run it between 60-90 watts depending on your end result coil. I don't like a super hot vape I prefer it more on the cooler side.

When you get around to
Building a new coil post it here again and we'll take a look. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask we are all here to help.

I have the new coil on my mutation x v1. 24G with 10 wraps running at .4x ohms. Vaped at about 75Watts and I see denser clouds and they last longer unlike my .26ohm build on my little boy. Pic soon to come. I also have a dark horse RDA on its way so maybe that would be a bit better. I like the wide bore drip tips, more air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread