The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you think of my setup?

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by SmokingAStogie, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SmokingAStogie

SmokingAStogie Senior Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    I have a IPV3 with a MCV little boy RDA.
    Currently at .2-.3 ohms with 24g kanthal and 7-8 wraps running at 3.2V and 49W(High drain 30A CDR VTC5s(don't think they are legit VTC5s :( )). What can i do to produce more vapor?

20150222_192808.jpg

2. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    take a look at the following vid and you will get some ideas on solving your problem, it might just be a case of making sure you have a gap under your coil for air to flow under aswell as over, is hard to see from your pic what exactly is going on

>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1hqRp9TDDE

3. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    [​IMG]

Seems like a nice build, you shouldn't be having any issues with it.

4. CasketWeaver

CasketWeaver Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    3 things needed for massive plumes - airflow, build (coil to wick ratio), and VG / PG ratio (since you have an IPV3), Looks good, probably need more airflow? I don't know much about the MCV Little Boy atty, but I can suggest some pretty good (and inexpensive) atty's for fat cloud blowing:

1. MutationX (v1-v2-v3)
    -OR-
    2. Doge (v1 or v2)

Both are pretty good in my opinion.

5. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    Airflow=wide open, directly in front of coils
    7-8 wraps with 24G Kanthal wrapped around 2mm screwdriver
    Juice is 80VG/20PG
    I have a Mutation x v1 but that surprisingly produces even less vapor then my little boy RDA.

6. donwuan

donwuan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2013
    GA
    Probably batteries than.

Big difference between vtc3s, vtc5s and my samsung 25r batteries.

7. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    I am going to order some VTC4s(Authentic VTC4s) from illumination supply so we'll see how that turns out. I'll see if i can get a video of my vapor production and post that up just to give a general idea of what i'm producing.

I don't know how a Samsung 25r battery(20A CDR) can be better then a VTC4(30A CDR).

8. donwuan

donwuan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2013
    GA
    Samsung batteries are available locally in GA for cheap. They are pretty good. Some in deals and steals for 3x for like $15

Got some mxjo batteries coming in to test out. Suppose to be some vtc5 killers.

9. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    I called Illumination supply and the guy i spoke with told me that Samsung 25R batteries have an official rating of 20A CDR but they have been tested up to 35A CDR. Can anyone verify that they have used Samsung 25R batteries for a .2ohms+ build? On both Mech and VV/VW mods.

10. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX

Here is the video of my Vapor production.

11. Wern314

Wern314 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2013
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    I think you need more surface area imo. Your coil setup and wicking looks ok just remember more coil surface area will create more vapor. I tend to have issues with dry hits vaping a small diameter coil 2mm ID, 24g setup like your using.

The great thing about the IPV3 is that you have the power to fire larger coils. Try building a dual 24g, 7/64(2.78mm)ID, 8-10 wraps which should ohm out to .34-.41. This will give you more surface area and more wicking so you can take longer draws. Also I would search some inhale/exhale technique videos or forum posts. You definitely need some work on your exhale technique. It takes time and practice like everything else.

I'm currently using my Mutation X V3, dual 25g Kanthal, 7/64 ID, 9.5 wraps at .48 ohms on my IPV3 and I'm getting some stellar vapor production. Wicked with Japanese cotton ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424918249.156034.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424918257.218112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Wern314

Mar 10, 2013
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    I can also vouch for Samsung 25R batteries, I just received two last week I purchased from Lightning Vapes. 2 pack for $14. I'm actually very impressed with them using on both my mech and IPV3. I've used them on .16 ohm build with no problems. Battery life is great and they don't get hot.

13. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
  14. Ablonz

Ablonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

As answering your question. I believe I can answer your issue and getting it to create more clouds. Paired with air flow, you might not believe me,.........wait for it...........a 1.0 ohm build. Yes, I said it. You have something great on your hands which is a Regulated Box Mod. The box mod users have what Mech Mod users don't. A way to control the power sent to the coils. I have a 1.0 build on my Mutation X v3 and can blow clouds like the rest of them and Not have to worry about having a VCT battery. Might not be the biggest and thickest cloud but it is right there with them. I have set my Sigelei 100 watt to 7.0 volts as I think that's what the ipv3 can do max voltage which comes out to 47.6 watts and it puts off the vapor just as good as my .16 ohm on my mech mod. Here is a link that explains it in further detail. Enjoy!!!! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-vaping-discussion/611315-my-thoughts-about-sub-ohm-latest-vv-vw-devices.html

15. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and see what happens. How many watts are you vaping at with that build?

16. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    I appreciate the tips! I'll give them all a try. I've only been cloud chasing for the past 3-4 weeks. My friends tell me i have iron lungs so soon enough i'll be able to master the inhale/exhale technique and do 5-6 sec hits at full inhale capacity. Thank you all! Happy vaping :vapor:

17. Wern314

Mar 10, 2013
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    On my dual 25g build i like it around 70 watts (5.85v) which gives me a heat flux around 230w/mm2. For the dual 24g build I mentioned to you I would run it between 60-90 watts depending on your end result coil. I don't like a super hot vape I prefer it more on the cooler side.

When you get around to
    Building a new coil post it here again and we'll take a look. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask we are all here to help.

18. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    I have the new coil on my mutation x v1. 24G with 10 wraps running at .4x ohms. Vaped at about 75Watts and I see denser clouds and they last longer unlike my .26ohm build on my little boy. Pic soon to come. I also have a dark horse RDA on its way so maybe that would be a bit better. I like the wide bore drip tips, more air flow.

19. Wern314

Mar 10, 2013
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    Ok I'm assuming you used the 7/64 ID which on Steam Engine gives me .4 ohms. For a good heat flux between 200-300w/mm2 you'll want to vape it between 75-111 watts. Start at 75 watts up go up from there to find your sweet spot. Remember that inhale/exhale technique is important.

20. SmokingAStogie

Feb 13, 2015
    Austin TX
    Here what the end result of the coils looks like.

mutation x v1 10 wraps .4xohms.jpg

Should i start investing in Japanese cotton?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.