What do you think of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confetti

Mar 20, 2009
I'm new to all this and I've been trying to research which starter kit to buy. The price has been somewhat prohibitive, but the longer I searched, the more cheaper options I found. I'd like your opinions on these two starter kits from Deal Extreme. Are they TOO cheap? Has anyone tried them? Do you think they are a good place to start?
I'm very excited to try this and get rid of the health risk, smell, and mess. Thanks for any insight!

Edit: Rats! I can't post links yet. Well, if you go to Deal Extreme, they have 2 choices, one for $15.67 and one for $22.04. I'm sorry I can't link you.

Exylis

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Null
I'm new to all this and I've been trying to research which starter kit to buy. The price has been somewhat prohibitive, but the longer I searched, the more cheaper options I found. I'd like your opinions on these two starter kits from Deal Extreme. Are they TOO cheap? Has anyone tried them? Do you think they are a good place to start?
I'm very excited to try this and get rid of the health risk, smell, and mess. Thanks for any insight!

Edit: Rats! I can't post links yet. Well, if you go to Deal Extreme, they have 2 choices, one for $15.67 and one for $22.04. I'm sorry I can't link you.

Nothing wrong with something being to cheap. But one must keep in mind- no matter what you're shopping for, the price goes down only so far before quality and price start to mirror each other as the price gets lower.
(I.E. you get what you pay for.)

I, myself, am new to the esmoking thing, but have watched several reviews on youtube for several ecigs. I have heard nothing but good things about two brands: the Intellicig EVOlution and the NJOY Npro.

I went and ordered NJOY's Npro and plan to buy my cartridges/spare parts from puresmoker(dot)com. The EVOlution is cheaper than the Npro once you convert the UK currency into USD. I'd post links but, like yourself, cannot because I'm a junior member. :p

Hope this helps.

Confetti

Mar 20, 2009
50% of Dealextreme devices fail before the end of the first day of use.
You speak the truth. I went ahead and ordered the cheapie from them, just to see what it was like, and I had some money in Paypal from doing surveys and whatnot, so it was essentially free money to play with.

I got to see what esmoking was like, but it died by the end of the day. I knew I was taking a chance, but I just wanted to have the "concept" in my hand before I invested real money. Now I can't wait to order a "real" ecig. I think I'm going with the 901. The starter kit at the smokelessshop.com looks good to me, but it's out of stock at the moment. You get a lot for your money it appears. So, I'm going to wait for it. Has anyone done business with them? How are they?

I can't wait to get started again, because I really think this is the way to go. I've learned so much here. Thanks everyone!

Nori

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Georgia. USA
You speak the truth. I went ahead and ordered the cheapie from them, just to see what it was like, and I had some money in Paypal from doing surveys and whatnot, so it was essentially free money to play with.

I did the same thing, bought cheep to see if I liked it or not, trouble is buying different ones, as well as this forum are addictive:D

The starter kit at the smokelessshop.com looks good to me, but it's out of stock at the moment. You get a lot for your money it appears. So, I'm going to wait for it. Has anyone done business with them? How are they?

Have you looked at altsmoke (something like that, look at the supplier forum list) I'm pretty sure he has some in stock( he has some pretty cool colors too!) and from all I read, he is a pretty stand up kind of guy. Personaly I have settled on the penstyle, and right now I have a passthru with an apc mobile bat, and it is wonderful, it is like a fresh bat all the time.:sleep:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I purchased 2 of the $29.99 including shipping 901's from Wholesale E-Cigarette - China Ruyan Wholesale - Discount Electronic Cigarette Wholesale From China and they are working fine so far. Just as well as the more expensive 901's that I purchased first.

I think it mostly depends on how you use them. I've had good luck with the cheapies. I keep them for emergency spares now, but all seem to work just fine. Don't take my word for it though. Someone else may not have luck with them at all. Try the cheapies at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread