what do you use to oxidize your SS mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
i oxidize the crap out of my mesh but always after rolled up.. i still get shorts and have no idea why.. i would literally sit there and use a butane torch on it for 30 minutes.. pop it in my DID and still get shorts.. wth...

Do a search on YouTube for 'e cig SS mesh cigarette paper'; supposedly a fool-proof way to avoid shorts.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
I use a butane torch. It's relatively cheap and does the job

1566368-bernzomatic-butane-torch-st2200-0.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
i oxidize the crap out of my mesh but always after rolled up.. i still get shorts and have no idea why.. i would literally sit there and use a butane torch on it for 30 minutes.. pop it in my DID and still get shorts.. wth...

Is it always where the top coil comes from the positive post? A good tip is to always wrap the wire to the right hand side of the post (as you're looking from the direction of the wick). If you put it to the left, as you tighten the top nut it pulls the wire tighter on the wick which cuts through the oxidised layer and often causes that short at the top.

Anyway as fir the topic I use the gas cooker, and I get best results if I oxidise it before rolling it, and then oxidise it more after rolling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread