What do you want to see on a version III ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
fire-eater-spitting-fire-out-of-mouth-devil.jpg

Yeah, I know this is a hot topic. But on the off chance that the people at ProVape have missed these threads, (which is actually pretty high, since they all ended up in the ProVari forum) I figured I would start one here. I'll list off the more commonly requested changes, just to start things off. For myself, I'm rather happy with my V1 ProVari.

Variable Wattage. Why people lust after VW, I'll never know (I've already heard all the reasons); but there are literally hundreds of people refusing to buy a ProVari because they expect the next version to have VW.

Higher Voltage/Wattage. They want at least 25 watt capability and the higher amp limit to handle it.

Flat Top Design. Some want a straight up flat top, others want a modular design that allows for both flat and tapered tops (and/or the ability to make a hybrid style mod).

Multiple Buttons. (I feel this would detract from the durability factor of the ProVari, as it introduces more points of possible failure).

Get rid of the Crop Circles. There may not be more people who dislike the grip grooves on the full size ProVari, but they are vocal in their dislike.

Provarinati Themed Custom End Caps. Not a version 3 upgrade per se, but something near and dear to my heart. :D A three pack would be perfectly acceptable, containing the Eye of Ra Sigil, "Provarinati," & "Lumen Sees Totus."

More Color Options. Self explanatory. People want metallic, candy, etc.

Updated Display. Specifically, a Dot Matrix style military grade display, in keeping with the ProVari's reputation for durability.

Low Sub-oHm Capability. (In my opinion) the people asking for this feature ought to be given white dinner jackets with wrap around sleeves.

Ability to Upgrade V1 & V2 ProVari to V3. Self explanatory.

Get rid of the "--" in the Menu. It's unnecessary, and adds to the perceived clunkiness of the menu.

Reorder the Menu Functions. Basically, move the "On/Off" function to the end of the menu. It is probably the least used function on there.

Got more ideas? Go ahead and add them.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL - we get to do this again!

You got all of mine, plus more, so I'll just delete a couple...

Higher Amp limit. They want at least 25 watt capability and the higher amp limit to handle it.

Flat Top Design. Some want a straight up flat top, others want a modular design that allows for both flat and tapered tops.
Yes! - a screw on/off top with both tapered and slant and brushed and polished - WAY cool...

Provarinati Themed Custom End Caps. Not a version 3 upgrade per se, but something near and dear to my heart. :D A three pack would be perfectly acceptable, containing the Eye of Ra Sigil, "Provarinati," & "Lumen Sees Totus."
Yes! Heck, every month or two, there should be new caps available. Let me order my initials. Etc...

More Color Options. Self explanatory. People want metallic, candy, etc.

Ability to Upgrade V1 & V2 ProVari to V3. Self explanatory.
This makes sense if it's a software upgrade - may be impossible if the top is totally modified...

Get rid of the "--" in the Menu. It's unnecessary, and adds to the perceived clunkiness of the menu.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You all know what I what: PURPLE LED!!!

I like the "--" I won't go into why, let's just say it has to do with visual processing. Not a j/k.

ETA: I don't want VW - then they will buy them and I don't like them.

ETAA: I don't want more buttons either. I'm always accidentally pressing more than one when I fire my Vamo. There's nothing quite like taking a vape and discovering the power has zoomed up to twice what it was.

Last edited:

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
I prefer the one button design, and as the previous poster stated, the '--' in the menu is some kinda human engineering, or visual ergonomics thing. Just makes it easier to go thru the menus, kinda like punctuation marks in a sentence.

Limited Edition Titanium Model with Custom Factory Engraving, , and a Purple LED, oh yeah.....

I have no need for variable wattage, can see that many people do have a need for it. Or rather thats their excuse for not having a ProVari. They would just find another excuse anyways lol

End Cap with a landyard loop on it?

Fix the warranty, the exclusion of lightning strike coverage is overlooked by many of the people buying the device.

Last edited:

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA
Lower amp limit and higher watts. I don't need too much. One button is great for me personally. A flat top option would be nice but rings are fine too. Now that I'm typing there isn't much I'd ask for, but I do think they need to make a move soon. Droves of people snagging dna30 mods for way more than a provari. It's funny my buddy gawked at the cost of the precious, but never a mention of the cost of the Hanna or zna. Since I started dripping with the provari my mechs are collecting dust. I don't NEED to sub ohm but it is nice to be able to once in a while when I get the itch. Wait I have mechs for that! Whatever provape does it'll be great!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've given this much thought in the past two years since buying my initial Provari. I just can't come up with anything valid.

They do exactly what I need them to do, reliably and consistently.

Although I have no use for it personally, I guess a wider range of power capability, to satisfy the cloud chasers.

That's all I've got. Sorry.

Tap, Tap, Tap.... Talk.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
What's been said has been good. I too like the -- in the menu. It keeps me from overshooting as much. I have a zmax v3 and I overshoot that thing like there's no tomorrow.

My Biggies are:

Variable Wattage: Yes I know....eyes roll. And I get it. I build my own coils so I am not subject to the anywhere between .3 and .5 ohm variance in factory built heads, but others are. If you find your favorite topper and you use factory supplied heads, it IS a pain to adjust back and forth when you swap out tanks. And regardless of the actual "need" for this feature, NOT having it makes ProVape look like they are behind "the times" and "resting on their laurels".

Now IF you can't do this without sacrificing the ruggedness of the ProVari then at least address this and tell people why. If it's between Variable Wattage and my ProVari surviving a drop in a mud puddle, I'm picking the drop in the mud puddle....

Increased Wattage capability and lower coil resistance firing: With better wicking and airflow attys then 25 to 30 watts would be an nice limit.

Resistance Reading WITHOUT fully firing the coil: It doesn't bug me as much as it does cotton users since silica doesn't burn, but there are people here who use their PV's to test resistance of the coil. Granted, most of us have other Mod's (I use an MVP for testing my ohms) or ohm meters. But when you are out and about away from all your stuff and you need to build a quick replacement coil, it would be nice if your PV doesn't fire your coil cherry red when checking resistance.

EGO Cone with removable collar: Yes I have an ego adapter but it's just something else for me to lose. This actually takes care of two things. The removable collar allows the user to choose a flat top or taper design. And the Ego cone threads allow me to easily use the "tasters" that are so common in vape stores and vape meets.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
By far, my biggest gripe that needs to be addressed in V3?

The top-cap is totally out-dated...

It needs to fit more toppers & have better airflow..

Having to use a $2.50 510-to-510 adaptor shouldn't be needed on a $200 PV

Flat-top, slant-top.. I really don't care which

Not a fan of the tear-drops on the top-cap, but again, not a huge thing...

Just at least update it for airflow performance & topper-accessibility!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
By far, my biggest gripe that needs to be addressed in V3?
The top-cap is totally out-dated...
It needs to fit more toppers & have better airflow..
Flat-top
Just at least update it for airflow performance & topper-accessibility!

You hit the nail on the head... That is why my Kicked ELA set at the same power level as my Provari gives a denser vape.. BETTER AIRFLOW...:vapor:

PROVAPE: We are not bashing you we are just trying to give suggestions on how to improve upon your great product.... I myself being a long time advanced ecig user knows what works best for me...Lots of experience trying out different setups...

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
WW with the specs equal to a DNA30 chip..... Flat top and a new OLED screen that shows the ohms and battery life. That would free up the menu system..........

Unless they find a way to hermetically seal that OLED I'm not interested. The last thing I need is to send my ProVari to the shop because it got a little wet in one of these pop up gutter washers we have down here in Florida.

I also want to go on the Kali River Rapids at Disney without having to seal my ProVari into a baggie.

Give me something I can dry out. I actually wished they still used the epoxy that was isopropyl resistant so we could still do the "rinse". Dropped your ProVari in the snow? Rinse and let air dry....Easy Peasy....

Rice takes so much longer to absorb moisture....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread