What does out of stock mean, exactly? Take a look and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I just wanted to post this to give some insight into how AVE handles supplying their juice. I've seen a lot of frantic posts from people over the "stock" availability and a lot of speculation.

AVE does not have bottles of pre-mixed juice sitting on shelves in a warehouse. They mix the juice to order. When you see a stock quantity on the website, that doesn't mean that once it's gone, it's gone. It means that they can only mix, package, and ship so much juice per day so they put up available stock quantities base on what they can fill for that day. It doesn't meant that the juice is sold out indefinitely.

Granted, there are times that they run out of flavorings. When they do, Ben usually announces that a certain flavor will not be available because they ran out of certain ingredients and keeps everyone updated on the restock of those ingredients.

I just wanted to put this out there so people don't despair, needlessly. I've been vaping AVE since I started vaping and am pretty familiar with their order filling practices, based on what Ben has shared with us over time.

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
AVE does not have bottles of pre-mixed juice sitting on shelves in a warehouse. They mix the juice to order. When you see a stock quantity on the website, that doesn't mean that once it's gone, it's gone.

This is completely ......ed. Its not even good practice, and I laugh at fools that tout this as good thing that a vendor does.

If you have orders for 100 bottles of juice at x nic level, and you are mixing every one by hand, you are an idiot.

Last edited:

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
This is completely ......ed. Its not even good practice, and I laugh at fools that tout this as good thing that a vendor does.

If you have orders for 100 bottles of juice at x nic level, and you are mixing every one by hand, you are an idiot.
But what if they mix too many 100 mil bottles of Boba's they will be stuck with them not able to sell them and they will just sit there wasted. Ha ha yeah right! I'm with you monster. I don't care if my bottles are premixed or made to order. They ain't gonna last long once I get my hands on them anyway.

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
But what if they mix too many 100 mil bottles of Boba's they will be stuck with them not able to sell them and they will just sit there wasted. Ha ha yeah right! I'm with you monster. I don't care if my bottles are premixed or made to order. They ain't gonna last long once I get my hands on them anyway.

Its not even that, you know you need 13,000 mililiters of Boba's at x mg/ml of nic for todays orders, mix it up in one batch, put it in a gallon jug with a pump top and fill your bottles from there.

Anyway else is less accurate, inefficient and frankly just plain stupid. I would say the same thing about actually measuring fluid volume.

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
I think it's great and ensures that the juice is fresh and it's more consistent in regard to flavor from bottle to bottle. I think a big vat of one flavor of juice poured into individual bottles would be ......ed. The juice would taste different from bottle to bottle.

Yes please tell us how juice mixed in a large batch 5 minutes before bottling isn't fresh, and how individually mixed bottles are going to be somehow more consistent.

If flavor A contains 7% of flavor "A" , and I need to make 1000 ml, that is 70ml of flavor "A".

If I need to mix a 15 ml bottle, I need to measure, 1.05ml of flavor "A".

If I screw up a little bit on the batch mix, lets say 70.5 ml, it is now 7.25% of the mix, not great but not the end of the world.

If I make the same mistake on the 15 ml bottle, its now 10% of the mix.....

"I think a big vat of one flavor of juice poured into individual bottles would be ......ed. The juice would taste different from bottle to bottle."

Lol, go ask coca-cola about how inconsistent their product is.....

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Just my opinion and not trying to tell anyone how to run a business but I do agree that making 1 large batch is more consistent and more efficient than to mix a bottle at a time. The only way that this is not true is if you are not adequately mixing the liquid. Just my :2c:

Yes please tell us how juice mixed in a large batch 5 minutes before bottling isn't fresh, and how individually mixed bottles are going to be somehow more consistent.

If flavor A contains 7% of flavor "A" , and I need to make 1000 ml, that is 70ml of flavor "A".

If I need to mix a 15 ml bottle, I need to measure, 1.05ml of flavor "A".

If I screw up a little bit on the batch mix, lets say 70.5 ml, it is now 7.25% of the mix, not great but not the end of the world.

If I make the same mistake on the 15 ml bottle, its now 10% of the mix.....

"I think a big vat of one flavor of juice poured into individual bottles would be ......ed. The juice would taste different from bottle to bottle."

Lol, go ask coca-cola about how inconsistent their product is.....

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
I think it's great and ensures that the juice is fresh and it's more consistent in regard to flavor from bottle to bottle. I think a big vat of one flavor of juice poured into individual bottles would be ......ed. The juice would taste different from bottle to bottle.

every order i've received of BB or GJ always tastes a bit different anyways

Wingnut73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Louisville
That's because he has customers like Wingnut telling him that mixing by the bottle is better.

I've never had a problem with flavor differences between bottles from ave. I've never talked to Ben or anybody at ave on which way is best to mix their juice. It doesnt matter to me how long it takes for them to make it, its good and i order enough to keep myself stocked. It's obvious ave is doing something right with their juice, no matter how they choose to mix it.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
I wish everyone of you who have never owned a business let alone a juice making business would just give us your final rant and then go away.

More juice for me when AV finally whips his e commerce partner into shape.

Most of you have no effing clue what it is to own, manage and work a business.

And if you don't like the way Ben runs his, go buy from someone else and quit yer .....ing.

Jesus.

RRaider

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Texas

If I was Ben I would never sell you a drop of anything. There is really no call to personally insult someone because you disagree with the way they do something. Constructive criticism is one thing, calling people idiots is another.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Lol why is everyone taking this so personal? None of you personally know Ben or anyone at ave. it's business. You can defend them or you can ..... about them. In the end its business, not personal, so making money and getting juice to the customer is the main objective. I will bash ave when I disagree with them, and support them when I agree with them. And then turn around and buy juice cause its a business not a high school relationship.

evolv3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Orlando, FL, USA
Not directed as bash towards ave or anyone else.....just my own thoughts if I ran a juice biz...

If I seriously had to mix a bunch of tiny 6mil bottles of juice by hand each day i would shoot myself. My first biz expense would be a commercial hi-end mixing machine like pharm companies used to keep everything in suspension properly if that what it took. Straight from the big bottle to smaller ones without waiting for things to separate. That would be the days stock. Any thing leftover becomes a new line: evolve3's "finely aged". Cost an extra dollar a bottle :)

That would drive me insane!

Must be a lotta love in those juice bottles from the ones that really do this! Be glad they do it for ya because is I would be giving ya a couple days old "stale" juice so I could keep my sanity. :)

One thing is for they know how to create demand for product as good as the best of them!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Well I don't go out with Ben for beers after work or talk over the phone daily or take long walk hand in hand on the beach at night but I have been buying his juice for about 3 years (till recently). :rolleyes: I met and talk to him 3 times at vapefests. He is a good honest guy in my opinion. Now maybe some of you can run a juice joint better maybe not and you all have the right to complain if you really feel that way and well you should!!! It just after time and time and time again your not doing any good....just sayn'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread