The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

what does the number 18650,18350,etc mean?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by aznsamurai82, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aznsamurai82

aznsamurai82 Full Member Verified Member

Jul 18, 2013
    United States
    I almost got the advanced vaping experience down but I just need to understand what the numbers like 18650 mean, what are imr's, knowing what amp means, and how to create an rda that is in the specs of the battery. Preferably less or equal to 1.0 ohm/subohm builds.

2. Kellycat

Kellycat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Cary, NC, USA
    I believe the numerical designations are somewhere around here in a sticky, but I CBA to go dig it up. 18 is the diameter in..I believe millimeters, and 350, 500, 650, etc is the length, insert a decimal point before the last number, so 35.0mm, 50.0mm, 65.0mm, etc. As far as sub-ohm coils and battery tolerances, look at the specs for your battery and check the continuous/peak discharge rates, then just calculate amperage with ohms/volts (or watts if using a VW device), as long as it's lower than your maximum drain rating with about a 10-15% or better overhead, you should be fine. Peak is more important than constant in this case, but you don't want to use something with a horribly low constant/continuous drain figure as it could be improperly rated or of poor quality where they fudged results to get a high peak drain value.

3. Cactus Breath

Cactus Breath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    The battery numbers are a measurement. An 18350 is 18mm in diameter and 35mm long; an 18650 is 18mm in diameter and 65mm long. The '0' at the end just means it's a round (cylindrical, actually) battery.

As far as IMR, read this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/420323-imr-batteries-what-exactly-does-imr-mean.html - it explains it in more detail than you probably want to know.

I'll let the more experienced users comment on building sub-ohm coils and such - but I'll just offer my .02 that if you don't know what an amp is, you probably need a lot more education and background before you start digging that deep into things.

4. Choc_Addic

Choc_Addic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Caldicote tunnel
    Also using batteries that are tested to have claimed discharge rate to the draw requirement is important. :2c:

5. DanLav

DanLav Full Member

Jul 20, 2013
    UK
    Nice bit of info.. thanks

6. naffco

naffco Full Member

Apr 3, 2013
    uk
  7. gnik911

gnik911 Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    elmhurst,ny
    basically its the size of the battery....18350 - 18650(small to large) that's the simplest way i can explain it....if you're wondering how they can hold a charge,ofcourse the bigger the battery, the more it can hold a charge....as simple as that...but you still need to read about batteries (general battery information, safety, charging and etc.)

and if you're fairly new to vaping, i suggest don't jump into rba's...read and read and read,watch videos( a lot ) first...

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.