What e-cig did everyone start with and what are you using now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas_Tanker

Jun 8, 2011
North Texas
I started with a eGo-T model, have been vaping since Feb 2011 and the only things I have changed was switching to Cartos. I got a couple of CE2's, but really not that fond of them.

I use LR cartos, also dual coil all at 3.7v (standard ego batteries) Not wanting to make the VV switch too soon as to burn myself out:evil:

I am not a hard core vape head (well not yet anyway) but don't really see myself going that direction either. I enjoy lots of flavors, so i typically carry 3-5 batteries w/carto's or one tank, so I can switch back and forth mixing the different flav's:vapor:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
I started out sometime last summer with a gas station e cig. I continued to smoke until early January when I got an ego. Moved on to various mods until I found the reo grand.

It was nice to find the PV I was looking for. Fill up the bottle and throw in a fresh battery and vape a day or two with no supplies to carry around.

Roach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hayward, WI
I started with a Volt kr808d-1 kit. Still use it with ce-2 cartos. I like it and I like the ce-2s a lot. I alternate with a go-go. The go-go is great when I'm out and about, no worries about running out of batteries or running the carto dry. When I'm at home I mostly use a kr808 passthrough that runs at 5 volts.

Each of these devices vapes vermillion river juice and it tastes very different in each one. The passthrough is very warm, almost hot with the regular carto (it tends to burn other cartos). The ce-2 on a volt battery is warm and very tasty. The go-go is kinda airy and cooler.

It's nice to have some variety with the same juice.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I started with a DSE801, got a Joye because everyone was raving about them, it sucked. Then I found a Janty Stick, that one lasted 22 months before giving up the ghost, then a Joye Stick V3 which lasted all of three weeks. Now I have an E-Power 14650 and am tickled pink, also got my buddy started with vaping on one too.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I started with an e-cig I got from a local drug store. It's called the 'Fuma'. All in all, it's not too bad. It cost me $29.99, which isn't cheap, but it's not as overpriced as the mall cigs. They get you with the cartimizer refills which are $14.99 for a pack of five. I started searching on the internet and happened on this place where several members helped me identify the Fuma as a kr808d-2, which is seems to be a common style for rebranding. I was only able to find one place to buy extra cartos for it. So I bought some, and a couple of extra batteries.

After a few days and more research I decided that the Fuma style would be okay for a back up or for testing flavors on, but I didn't want the inconvenience of changing the batteries so often and I'd like for the cartomizers to last longer between refilling. I read a lot of threads and settled on the Go-go (cigeasy, nhaler, or go-gousa), and I've been very happy with it so far. I won't say it will be my last PV, but I'm set for now and I plan on sticking with this one for quite a while.

Texas_Tanker

Jun 8, 2011
North Texas
I tried dripping, I really liked the flavors, but the issue about constantly adding more juice did not work too well while working, driving, or relaxing. So, my laziness won out, and went back to the carto, tank and sometimes cartridges.

BardicDruid, what happened on the V3? Was it just a defective unit or just a bad design?

Spazmelda, did you actually like the OTC style of prefilled carts? I am only asking since I have never tried them (I'm too cheap) so

Aloysius

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
I started with a SmokeTip kit in May, which was OK, but had battery problems. I upgraded to VaporKings KR8 batteries (the "mega" manual ones) and have been using them for a couple months. They're great, but battery life is still too short for my vaping habit, so I've just ordered an iGo 1300 mAh kit from D&B Gold. (Along the way I discovered CE2s and love them.)

Next stop is a variable voltage mod, but gotta wait until I've got the $$$ to burn... :)

Texas_Tanker

Jun 8, 2011
North Texas
I started with a Volt kr808d-1 kit. Still use it with ce-2 cartos. I like it and I like the ce-2s a lot. I alternate with a go-go. The go-go is great when I'm out and about, no worries about running out of batteries or running the carto dry. When I'm at home I mostly use a kr808 passthrough that runs at 5 volts.

Each of these devices vapes vermillion river juice and it tastes very different in each one. The passthrough is very warm, almost hot with the regular carto (it tends to burn other cartos). The ce-2 on a volt battery is warm and very tasty. The go-go is kinda airy and cooler.

It's nice to have some variety with the same juice.

I find the CE2's that I got leak alot! Maybe they just need more power, that is why I am not giving up on them just yet. Seems I end up sucking up quite a bit of juice into my mouth using 80/20 mix. I like the idea, but I personally thing CE stands for Cracks easy!

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
I started with the XHale 02, which I purchased at my local convenience store. It wasn't a good experience, but I liked the concept so well that I began researching online. I bought a Blu starter kit after that and used that to quit smoking. Since then, I switched to the Volcano and have been using that for quite a while. I love the flavors that the company has to offer, but I'm not quite satisfied with their e-cigs. So, I just ordered the Volt, which is supposed to come tomorrow. I'm hoping that model will do the trick for me.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
What is it that you like so much more with the REO? Like I say, I still use 3.7v regular ego batteries, but looking into a VV mod. One thing I believe I see is there is alot of PV's out there that are bling only, and I am not a blingy person, but I want the flavors. Tanks are really out for me since I switch flavors soo much

I like the reo mainly because it is a bottomfeeder. I tried a few different kinds of bottom feeders and IMO the reo is the best. The grand takes an 18650 battery which lasts me about 2 days. It has a 6ml bottle which lasts me 1.5-2 days. It is all mechanical so you don't have to worry about switches, wires, solder joints going out. The guy who makes the reos stands behind his product 100% and often does repairs free of charge if repairs are needed. (not often)

The bottom feeders allow you to get the dripping experience without having to drip. You squeeze a little bottle that shoots juice into the atty.

I consistently vape one flavor at a time for a few days so the large bottle works well for me. If you change flavors often you can drip in the atty or the catch cup. Changing bottles is pretty easy though. Take off bottle. Blow from the catch cup down to clear the tube, throw on another bottle. There is not a lot of flavor "contamination" in the mod. It takes the atty longer to clear out of the flavor.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
I started with a Blu kit after trying one that a friend had bought. I was pretty satisfied with it, despite what people were saying about it, for almost a year. Eventually, the batteries wore down and instead of buying new ones, I looked at different models that people here were talking about. Around that time, the eGo-T was making its debut and I decided to try one of those. I used it for about 4 months before I got tired of having to fiddle with it to get any flavor from my juice. I used a bit of my tax return and got a Provari, which I'm currently enjoying.

I'm quite glad that I don't have to keep searching for my perfect PV anymore, but I still like to window shop. :) Gotta stay on top of the latest innovations.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I started with a eGo-T model, have been vaping since Feb 2011 and the only things I have changed was switching to Cartos. I got a couple of CE2's, but really not that fond of them.

I use LR cartos, also dual coil all at 3.7v (standard ego batteries) Not wanting to make the VV switch too soon as to burn myself out:evil:

I am not a hard core vape head (well not yet anyway) but don't really see myself going that direction either. I enjoy lots of flavors, so i typically carry 3-5 batteries w/carto's or one tank, so I can switch back and forth mixing the different flav's:vapor:

First a correction, a genuine eGo - eGo-T is 3.4v not 3.7. They are a pulse regulated voltage device. (eGo knock offs might be anything under the sun)
    P1000385.jpg

I too started with an eGo-T, and it was just what I needed to kick the analogs because of it's simplicity and reliability.
    I will still grab an eGo bat when a fresh atty is to hot for my taste on other devices.

dormouse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Started with M402 manuals and M401 manuals. They got me started but within 3 weeks I was looking for something better and got both a 510 manual and a KR808D-1 manual (from Vapor4Life) to try. I stuck with the new purchases, turned those into full kits plus spares. I use the 510 and 510 mega xl manuals with Boge cartos and the KR808D-1 (mostly Vapor4Life manuals and on Volt manual, all standard size not the short ones). That works fine for me and I was even able to lower my nicotine in steps from 18mg to 4mg. When I did the drop to 6mg I bought a Riva 510 (the newer model at Liberty-Flights.com which is higher voltage) just for when I want a bigger hit and to use as a battery backup. I also picked up a 3.7v mod box just out of curiosity and to have something with an on/off switch.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Las Vegas
    Joye 510 , then Mega batteries , an Ego-t , then an E-Power , then a Prodigy V3.1 , then a Reo Grand . And soon , a SSGGTS , but will still use the Reo for the primary PV. Only just gave the 510 stuff , to my daughter , and sold the Ego stuff . The rest I still have . If it's in my signature , it's still in my drawer . I have several others , but just wanted them .

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    USA
    I started with a generic 808, then I bought some Bloog 808s. Two weeks later I bought a GoGo kit. Two weeks later back to the Bloog/Volt. Two months after that I started using eGos, then a variable voltage eGo. Last night I bought a ProVari. I hope this will be my last pv purchase for awhile.

Wingapo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Taos, NM
    I started with a KR808D-1 kit too and I still use it. I don't like a lot of weight in my pockets and so far nothing beats a KR808 or a simple 510 and a PCC for low weight out and about. As for mods I have to agree that the REO mini with a carto on top an extra battery and bottle of juice is pure simple no hassle all day vaping heaven.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread