What e-cig to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iori276

Jul 6, 2009
Aiken, SC
Not sure if its posted, ive read alot of reveiws, but im curious, i was looking at blu which ive seen is pretty hated around here, so in essense i have a question. What e-cig will give a nice throat hit, and be very similiar to a newport. I cant seem to find anything but they are good or bad, and this and that. I like the blue accessories, mainly the pack so take that into consideration, portable charging is a nice thing.

So looking for a durable, long battery life, and portable charger, with a big hit and strong nic. ( wifes very addicted. ) Thanks alot, dont yell to hard if i missed a post similar to this, i did look, but shes naggin at me, and well rather hear Well another post than her :p Thanks - travis

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think if you are concerned about a big hit and long battery life you pretty much HAVE to go with one of the mods such as Screwdriver, Prodigy, ZiMoshi, or Greek Goddess. They don't look anything like a cigarette though, if that matters. If you want one that looks more like a cigarette and don't mind charging batteries then I would suggest a 510 with a Personal Charging Case (PCC) so that you can keep your batteries ready to go even while on the go. All of the suggestions above have a manual battery if that matters to you.

BStangl

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
NJ
I can't give too much advice since I'm new and just today received my first e-cigarette (Joye 510), but I wanted to let you know if it's a portable charger (PCC) you're after, the 510 models have a pcc you can buy for them. That and the fact that they are supposed to have a good throat hit is why I went with that model. That takes care of two of your criteria, the battery life on these however is supposed to be less than ample, the way I see it though the pcc makes up for that. BTW the pcc can charge the battery more than once fully charged I've heard 3 times, my manual says 5. Granted I have just recieved mine and have yet to try it (waiting for the batteries to charge) so I can't really offer anything more than what I've heard. I wanted to try to help if I can though, kind of pay back everyone around here for answering all my silly questions ;).

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Not sure if its posted, ive read alot of reveiws, but im curious, i was looking at blu which ive seen is pretty hated around here, so in essense i have a question. What e-cig will give a nice throat hit, and be very similiar to a newport. I cant seem to find anything but they are good or bad, and this and that. I like the blue accessories, mainly the pack so take that into consideration, portable charging is a nice thing.

So looking for a durable, long battery life, and portable charger, with a big hit and strong nic. ( wifes very addicted. ) Thanks alot, dont yell to hard if i missed a post similar to this, i did look, but shes naggin at me, and well rather hear Well another post than her :p Thanks - travis

Second the 510 recommend. And if you're certain ecigs are for you, check out:

510 Starter Kit|2 Manual Batteries|4 Atomizers|Pelican Case|MORE - $100.00 : InnoVapor, The Finest in Personal Vaporizers

and choose the PCC option for an on-the-go battery pack. I've charged 4 batteries with it without recharging - supposedly does 5.

If not certain get the starter kit with 1 ecig for less.

Use these coupon codes (new ones):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5364-innovapor-coupon-update-please-read.html

iori276

Jul 6, 2009
Aiken, SC
Fast response here! im seeing alot about this 510, any links to a good proceed one where i can see it and see prices, ill be having to get 2 of course, so if they are 500 a piece it cant happen. and also do they have cartidges or do you have to fill them yourselves. my wife hates putting lids on things and with 3 kids... yea not a good idea for the filling up of catridges here. plus its very convienent to have prefilled ones... never make it to strong, to weak, and simply never make it, or is it actually better when you do it yourself? im new to this, hell i was about to go blu. Lol

JustDucky

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2009
Milford, CT USA
It's claims like "5 cartridges = 75 cigarettes" that turn me totally off to Blu. We all know this isn't true. If a company is not going to be honest in statements like that, how can I trust anything else they say? I use 5 carts easily in a day. I never smoked 75 cigarettes in one day!

I don't need to look any further, they lied to me on their front page.

juliemeyer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
altsmoke.com sells the 510 and you would buy a starter kit, which gives you 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 5 prefilled cartridges and a charger for about $54.00. You need to buy the liquid to refill with and buy an extra 5 cartridges. The cartridges are 5 for about 2.99. Look on their website. Also you can go to the top of this page and click on suppliers. Lots of suppliers sell them.

BStangl

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
NJ
A manual battery is one that you have to push a button to get it turn on before you inhale. Some have said it's better that way because you can control the vapor (no 5 second cut off), get a better throat hit, and the parts last longer. I was against the idea at first but after the rave reviews went for it, well at least with one of my batteries. If you're totally against the idea of manual batteries Vapor Station has 510 with the auto batteries on request, and that's the site I used for my 510 so I can personally attest to the fast shipping. I requested, and recieved, one manual one auto so we'll see how that goes using them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
1 other thing looking at that sight and what you said. i know analog is a reference to traditional cigs, but manual battery?

Manual battery - there's a button on the battery that activates the atomizer.

Automatic - the atomizer is activated by sound of drawing on the ecig.

Two camps:

Automatic is 'more like an analog' - just drag like a tobacco cigarette.

Manual - while in time you'll get the hang of an auto, at first to kick start the atomizer sometimes it takes quite a drag to start it and by doing so you can get a mouthful of juice. Also on auto's - the one I have - there's a cutoff where you can no longer drag and that is annoying for me although I've gotten better at it than I was for the first few days.

And with the manual activation of the atomizer, (hit it a second before the drag) I find that then dragging - since the vapor is already created - that it is actually more like an analog than an auto.

The other aspect of a manual is that if you hang on the button it will heat up the atomizer quite a bit and some will say this destroys taste. I don't hang on the button but it still does get a bit hotter than my auto - mainly because of the shutoff feature ;-) and I find some tastes are enhanced by the hotter atomizer - cappuccino and RY4 just for two.

So for 510 users, manual is recommended over the 510 auto battery.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Awesome, im really shocked and amazed at the fast response for newbies, and in general the great advice. yall are great anything else i should know?
I would say the most important thing for you to know right now is that there is still a lot more to know. But I think at this point it is very important to add that whatever model you wind up buying, just make sure to get at least one bottle of juice to refill your cartridges.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Awesome, im really shocked and amazed at the fast response for newbies, and in general the great advice. yall are great anything else i should know?

You should find out if this is for you first, but I wouldn't be without a passthru or a PCC. The passthrough, esp. with the 510 which can be hard on batteries because of hanging on the button, is especially nice because there is no battery to replace - it hooks up to any USB port and has an inline battery that is continually charged by the connection. It has a cable so you can go anywhere (unless you have an external portable battery pack) but at the computer or in a chair (you can use a wall plug with a usb outlet) or in the car (usb outlet on a car lighter plug), it's great! Some say not as much power as a regular battery but I get sufficient vapor and taste on my passthru.

The PCC is a personal carry case where you charge up it's internal battery (4 hour charging cycle) and you can unplug it and take it with you. It has a slot for one 510 battery and you can recharge batteries on the go. I've recharged 4 batteries with mine without recharging the case.

The Pelican case - which is just a carry case - not a recharger, is quite nice. And also I like the flat tip mouthpiece sold at:
Joye 510 FLAT Tip Blank Carts (Whistle Tip) - dietSMOKES.com

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Awesome! im curious on strength of the fluid, what is resonably close to say a newport? i know its alot stronger than most cigs, and is the menthol kinda close in taste?

I was a Salem smoker and my favorite menthol so far, and by far, is Janty's "Newport". I get it at Freshsmoking.com:

Deluxe eLiquid - freshsmoking.com

My four favorite eliquids are Janty's RY4, Cappuccino, Newport, and RY3. Hilton, Kent, Ruyan4, Flue cured tobacco from ruyandirect or eastmall are also good - for me....

I might add that despite the Janty's eliquids available at freshsmoking are all rated 'high' in nicotine - they are 16mg/ml which is more medium, imo and still give a good throat hit, esp. the newport/menthol. Janty does have 'low' and you might check Janty's site for that but last I looked they were out of a lot of product. Low in Janty is 6mg/ml nicotine. And there are other outlets that sell Janty juice, it's just that in my experience freshsmoking is one of the fastest shippers.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
ok im convinced on 510. Im guessing with coupon codes InnoVapor is cheapest for the kit. ( Im buying 2 complete sets a his and hers lol :p) im seeing theres even a newport flavor....im curious more than ever now. but where is the most Economical fluids to get.

Sounds like you'll need the INNOVAPOR25 code ;-) You can get a bit better deals on kits and parts elsewhere but Innovapor free shipping from the US makes the deal for me. ruyandirect and eastmall have good/ the best prices but 8+ days shipping and it'll cost you some.

I haven't tried the ECOpure menthol there - everything but that. I like all their flavors but Fresh is my favorite there. The newport is from smokingfresh and is a Janty juice. Once you get started then you have time to shop for better prices and try other juices. One of the best deals on samples right now is eastmall where you get 20 different flavors in 5ml bottles at 18mg nic for $50.

*SPECIAL 100ml (20x5ml) - 18mg SUPER SAMPLER - e-Liquids *SALE - Custom Sampler e-Liquids - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

Another 8 nic sampler with less samples but more juice in 7/20ml:
*SALE - 140ml (7x20ml) - 8mg - Custom Sampler - e-Liquids *SALE - Custom Sampler e-Liquids - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread