What equipment would you say is NECESSARY for every newbie to own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstrang6

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Moline, IL, USA
Alright, I have a yearning to own just about 1 of every different type of these gizmos ( in relation to the delivery system's )

Current arsenal -

Vision Ego Spinner 1300Mah
Kgo VV Mega 1200Mah
Kanger EVOD starter kit battery ( had 2 one crapped out on me )
2 EVOD tanks
1 Kanger Pro Tank
1 Vivi Nova ( large one, 2.8ML worth of markings on the side )
1 Vision dual coil clearomizer

So I have variable voltage batteries that will do for now, I have top coil clearomizers ( vivi ) and bottom coil tanks including the pro tank, and I have one dual coil tank * which has been a big pain since I got it, when it works right its awesome, how ever more times than not I get gurgling and vapor inside the tank, bad seal somewhere *

I am having a hard time settling on what liquids I like, how ever, I've just spent about a 100 bucks on ordering various samples from all over the inter web, so we won't need to go into that just yet in this thread.

Things on my wish list

Trying Cartos and Attys

I really think the next purchase is going to be an AGR Carto Tank and some bogs carts ( going to probably be slotting myself with a dremel ) But I really want to pick up a simple ATTY to test out all my new Juices quickly and to use at night when at the house.

What would you suggest be my next move? I have ben off cigs for 5 weeks yesterday and theres no looking back, so I am going to be enjoying this hobby for a while. I have a fairly decent amount of disposable income, and more now so that I am not wasting over 200 dollars a month on cigs.

Should I hammer out all of my delivery systems and juice preferences now, and wait, or grab a high end PV now ( provari I am thinking ) Also very interested in the Z-atty system, comments? Will I actually notice any difference between vaping a provari at 4.4 volts and the VV kgo at 4.4 volts with the same delivery system? I understand all of the features of the device's, just don't know how the actual performance will be impacted.

Lastly thought I should add I have a very good understanding of how all of these systems work, and a very good understanding of basic electronics, Ohms Law has been something I've had memorized since early on in high school, and I am very mechanically inclined, as well as a tinker'r

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Wow, that's an amazing post...very interesting and food for thought. My first reaction is that you don't have a variable wattage mod, like an entry level Vamo. If I missed it sorry, it was a long list. A definite yes on the AGR carto tank. One of only a couple of locking tanks out there, and you can use any non-flanged carto and the AGR comes with standard and long tanks. So, you need some standard and long cartos and a carto punch, maybe a Big Daddy Vapor Slap Yo Mama Adapter and a syringe for filling the tiny fill hole in the AGR tank top. I love my Provari, but I'm glad I didn't buy it initially, and while it's my best APV, it's not my favorite. Strong personal preference for vw, but that's just me, I can get there either way. These would be good next steps. Then repeat post with updated equipment next month and we can do this again. Congrats on quitting, joining the forum, good luck and Vape On!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Sounds like you're moving along nicely. Congratulations! What equipment is necessary for every newbie to own? I'd add back up battery chargers, and a lot of different vendor juice samplers in varying PG/VG ratios and nicotine strengths till you know what works for you.

For the new newbie, other than the above, 2 batteries (eGo Twist) and 5 clearos (I like Kanger T2's for example) plus replacement coils for the clearos (10) would be what I'd suggest is necessary. At that point, everyone moves on to their separate journey...Provari batteries? Mechanical mods? Specific juice? DIY..dripping atties and so on. With the FDA, ANTZ, BT and BP sticking various sticks in the wheel spokes, I think it would be wise to know where to obtain juice supplies and have a battery that doesn't rely on just so many charges before it goes in the trashcan. Also how to rebuild your own coils.

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Provari or any other "high end" PV wont make your vape any different. As you understand these systems well, you do know that batteries are just power source. One can be more reliable than others, sure, but what comes into your mouth is from the delivery system.

If you are a tinkerer and know the physics of all this (really not that hard right? Thats what ive been saying....) you are ready for Rebuildable Atomizers, or RBAs. You get to make your own wick and coil,and fine tune it to your liking. Plus the vape is wayyyy better than probably anything you have tried so far. If you are looking for a better vape, this is the way to go. Get a more powerful battery like say a VAMO or a Zmax to ensure you have enough power for this new delivery system.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I kinda went from a Blu to an eGo twist (thanks to good B&M advice).

Then I spend the next few months sorting out my juice and atty preferences.

I tried tanks, an endless line of clearos, a brief and unsuccessful drip foray, ended up on T-2s.

I tried a bunch of juice vendors at the same time. JC, HHV, Highbrow, Virginia Blends, NicQuid, HHV. I don't remember them all. I ended up with Highbrow and HHV as my "go to" vendors for a while.

Then (this is about four months in) I got a Lavatube. It was nice, I liked the replaceable batteries. I still used my twists more than it.

Then I tried a Vamo at about six months. It was nice. I just never really felt any chemistry with it. I discovered AiV. Back when you could just order your juice from them. I liked it, it was different. I also tried and did not like so much Mt Baker Vapor. My taste for Highbrow waned.

Then I got an eVic at about nine months. I tried J tanks and some other type tanks. It just was not for me. This was then I started experimenting with attys again. T-3's, another line of Vivi Novas, Evods (I still use them), BCC Megas, CE-6? (one of the CEs), and ended up settling with the Evods. They looked nice on the eVic. I discovered MOV, and I liked it. AiV became a complete PIA to order from. They were replaced with MOV.

Just prior to one year, I got a Protank. At one year, I got a ProVari. I also ordered from Ahlusion for the first time.

So OP, where do you want to go? I stuck with twists for 120 days while I got my toppers and juices straight. The Lavatube was my first mod, and I do use it sometimes, but not because of its performance. I think the advice to try a Vamo is pretty good. A pretty inexpensive way to experiment with VW.

bstrang6

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Moline, IL, USA
Thanks everyone

Provari or any other "high end" PV wont make your vape any different. As you understand these systems well, you do know that batteries are just power source. One can be more reliable than others, sure, but what comes into your mouth is from the delivery system.

If you are a tinkerer and know the physics of all this (really not that hard right? Thats what ive been saying....) you are ready for Rebuildable Atomizers, or RBAs. You get to make your own wick and coil,and fine tune it to your liking. Plus the vape is wayyyy better than probably anything you have tried so far. If you are looking for a better vape, this is the way to go. Get a more powerful battery like say a VAMO or a Zmax to ensure you have enough power for this new delivery system.

Thanks thats what i figured on the PV

By RBA are you referring to something along the lines of a Genesis style atty? Or just the standard atomizers I see people dripping into?

Links would be great if its not too much of a hassle.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The Fluke meters are highly recommended ...but there's a range of models and prices. $$$$$$

I got my DMM at RadioShack believe it or not. It was a "not bad" meter...not too low end...and within my limited budget.

For our purposes, get a reasonably priced one that's the best you can afford. DMM auto ranging can be had for anywhere from $20.00 to 100.00 in the non-professional price range as a general rule. I can't really recommend any one meter since:
1) I'm not a meter expert
2) Different meters have different purposes. Some are for more high-power situations like electricians get into (230v+ 3 phase). Others may be more accurate at fractional ohms and low ohms (like for small electronics).
3) You know how it is with reviews and opinions...you've researched e-cigs after all!

The only thing that comes to mind by reputation is Fluke. But like I said, I don't own one either. My R.S. one works fine.

I think the most important things are what I said:
1) Digital
2) Auto ranging
and I'd add
3) Fairly well respected as to accuracy.
4) If you can afford it, a "True-RMS" meter helps with some voltage measurements if you care that much.

Ya gotta read some reviews I guess.
:)

Last edited:

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Thanks everyone

Thanks thats what i figured on the PV

By RBA are you referring to something along the lines of a Genesis style atty? Or just the standard atomizers I see people dripping into?

Links would be great if its not too much of a hassle.

Yep, Genesis style is the most popular. And then there are drippers like IGO-L, a different style tank like Terminator-C.

I use Genesis tanks mostly, vape great. My favorite right now is the AGI in Genesis mode; modded with brass center for superior conductivity and it fires really hot. You can find one at vaporbank

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
A couple of batteries, charger, a delivery system and juice. That's all that's necessary. I used nothing but cartos and cig-a-likes for 3 months, and then started getting 650mAh batteries, but still used standard cartos for the first 9 months. After 10 months I still have not bought anything larger or more complex than a 650mAh ego style battery. I have begun to use top coil wick style clearos.

Most of my first few months were consumed by hunting for juices that I liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread