What exactly has been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
‘‘(A) means any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device; ‘‘(B) includes— (i) an e-cigarette; (ii) an e-hookah; (iii) an e-cigar; (iv) a vape pen; (v) an advanced refillable personal vaporizer; (vi) an electronic pipe; and ‘(vii) any component, liquid, part, or accessory of a device described in subparagraph (A), without regard to whether the component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold separately from the device; and ‘(C) does not include a product that is— (i) approved by the Food and Drug Administration for— ‘‘(I) sale as a tobacco cessation product; or ‘‘(II) any other therapeutic purpose; and ‘‘(ii) marketed and sold solely for a purpose described in clause"

Soo unless the FDA reclassifies vaping as tobacco cessation it's a no-go for pretty much everything. Sad days. Very sad indeed. :cry:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So I can no longer buy a bottle of propylene glycol? However are DIY'ers going to make their own juice?...

You need to stock up on nicotine. Like NCC said above, products that have other applications besides vaping will have to be allowed--PG and VG, flavorings, lab equipment, cotton, rayon, resistance wire, etc.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Banned are ecigs and all vaping hardware, nicotine including nicotine base and premixed ejuice, 0mg ejuice, and anything marketed specifically for vaping. Still available are rechargable batteries, PG, VG, nonspecialty wire, nonspecialty cotton, flavorings not marketed for vaping.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What is banned is the shipping to a residence of anything that is vaping related that is marketed for and used solely for vaping.

It is a USPS shipping ban but FedEx/UPS/DHL have decided to also play the ban game due to onerous reporting requirements and legal issues.

B&Ms are not affected as long as they can still get inventory. At the very least they can get LTL shipments if UPS/FedEX/DHL refuse to deliver to them.

GUIDE:

PG sold and marketed for non-vaping - NOT BANNED
    VG sold and marketed for non-vaping - NOT BANNED
    50/50 sold and marketed as a non-vaping product (if anyone even sells that) - NOT BANNED
    Wire sold and marketed as simply wire - NOT BANNED
    Cotton sold and marketed as simply cotton - NOT BANNED

0mg ejuice - BANNED
    50/50 sold and marketed as a vaping base - BANNED
    nic base - BANNED
    vaping-specific hardware - BANNED
    Wire sold and marketed as vape product - BANNED
    Cotton sold and marketed as vape product - BANNED

Source: Text - S.1253 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act

...“(7) ELECTRONIC NICOTINE DELIVERY SYSTEM.—The term ‘electronic nicotine delivery system’—​
    “(A) means any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device;

“(B) includes—
    “(i) an e-cigarette;

“(ii) an e-hookah;

“(iii) an e-cigar;

“(iv) a vape pen;

“(v) an advanced refillable personal vaporizer;

“(vi) an electronic pipe; and

“(vii) any component, liquid, part, or accessory of a device described in subparagraph (A), without regard to whether the component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold separately from the device;...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread