What Halo E Juice flavor and strength taste just like a Marlbo Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked for the taste of that analog too when i first started vaping and found none but i did make a replacement e liquid that was close to an analog going in and taste like a great e liquid on the exhale so much so that every one who tried it stayed with it to get through the rough part of giving up analogs, I still keep a carto filled with my Mar-Bro flavor and hit it from time to time it has definitely taken the edge away to go have an analog, and now juicy fruit gum is one of my faves and blue dragon is another one with those 2 Harley ever have the erdge to have an analog but when I do it is back to my Mar-Bro, it works for me every time.

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
slickrick4108,
E liquid taste is such a personal thing... tastes one way to one person and another way to someone else. Having said that, Halo's Torque56 is what got me off of smoking (specifically Pall Mall menthol's).
I add just a little of the Halo Sub-Zero to the Torque56 and it's close enough to what I was smoking. Actually is a really delicious mix and remains one of my daily vapes.

With the Halo G6 you'll have to get straight Torque56 cartos or go with the mini-tanks and juice. But you may want to keep it simple for her and just buy pre-filled cartomizers (at least at first, to see if she enjoys vaping enough to give up the cigs).

Good Luck with Mom.. and Welcome! :toast:

Last edited:

BigGeigs

Sep 9, 2013
Tempe, AZ
I was a Marlb Light smoker as well, and for me, I didn't want juice that tasted like cigarettes. No juice I have ever encountered tastes like a cigarette. IMO the best way to go is something she enjoys, strawberry, pineapple, chocolate, something besides tobacco. It's not going to taste like a cigarette, so go for something else she likes! Hope that helps a little.

cap269

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Buckeye, AZ, USA
As an ex-smoker, I understand wanting to match the traditional cigarette experience in the electronic form. However, it just won't work. Much of the taste and smell you get from smoking comes from the, well, smoke! Burning paper and burning leaves with well over 4000 individual chemicals and products of combustion. With e-cigs, there is no combustion, no paper, and no leaves. It is highly doubtful that any e-juice will ever be able to truly match the smell and taste of a burning cigarette. When introducing folks to e-cigs, I let them know what I just wrote. I also tell them to be open-minded to the flavor and to realize that in the world of vaping there are literally thousands of existing flavors and unlimited flavor possibilities, and that is a new experience, not a retelling of the old experience. The nicotine is still there, with more flavor options than full, light, or menthol. Not to mention no more stinky clothes, stinky breath, stinky sweat, stinky cars, and stinky ash trays!

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
My suggestion would be to get blank cartomizers with the kit, and grab the Tobacco sampler at 18mg strength. Grab an extra pack of empty cartomizers, as you will need 6 total for the samplers, and the kit only comes with 5. Honestly, you might as well get 2 extra packs of cartomizers, and grab the Gourmet Sampler as well. You just never know what flavor will "click" for any given person. The closest Halo flavors to a traditional cigarette would be Torque56, Prime15, or Longhorn, but really, they don't taste anything like cigarettes at all.

Also, look out for a sale around Veteran's day (Nov. 11).

Personally, the flavor that really helped me kick cigarettes to the curb was Virginia from Backwoods Brew. It emulates exactly what a freshly opened pack of smokes smells like.

Last edited:

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I diy my juices and in my quest to find a juice that tastes like tobacco, I found only one. (TFA) Tobacco flavoring. (Light brand was ok too, though weak)
All others were too sweet, pungent, or tasted like caramel.
It surprised me to find the (TFA) Tobacco flavor unsatisfying even though I liked the flavor. I finally realized that cigarettes actually don't taste good and have a bad aftertaste that I'd learned to associate with the satisfaction of nicotine. I added a Hint of Captain Black to give my recipe a slightly unpleasant aftertaste and It did the trick, satisfaction achieved, especially after meals or with coffee. I've become accustomed to unpleasant aftertaste and don't notice it anymore.
Every says or will say you won't find one that taste like tobacco, Not True. You won't find one that tastes like tobacco that is pleasant tasting.:2c:
Just a heads up.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I am getting a Halo g6 for my mother, and I want this to work! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

In my opinion if you want it to work she is going to have to like vaping better than smoking. In other words, it has to taste better than a Marlboro Light. Not the same. About the only thing keeping me off analogs is the fact that the flavors I vape taste MUCH better than the Marlboro Reds I used to smoke. If they tasted the same I would probably fail at this and go back to smoking.

I agree with those who mentioned that nothing will taste like an analog cigarette. Some might remind her of an analog but none will be quite the same. Help her to be patient. She'll be lucky if she likes the first flavor she tries.

Having said that, I'll second the recommendations for Halo products. They have some very good tobacco based flavors. I recommend a Halo Tobacco sampler so she can try several varieties.

Good luck and welcome!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
This is my opinion...and I'm sticking to it.

I was a 40 year smoker sometimes over 3 packs a day. My taste buds and sense of smell were completely shot and I don't think I tasted anything for the last couple of decades. As I got into ecigs and my sense of taste and smell returned, everything changed. I could taste food, spices, and distinguish different blends of coffee...everything changed.

I had a lot of problems finding a good liquid...that is until I realized that I had not tasted my cigarettes for, well, years. I was just smoking for the nicotine...not for the flavor. That's when I started using unflavored liquid. I'm no longer chasing that elusive cigarette/tobacco flavor, or any flavor for that matter, but it seems to me that the unflavored is the closest thing I have found to what I vaguely remember as smoking.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    This is my opinion...and I'm sticking to it.

I was a 40 year smoker sometimes over 3 packs a day. My taste buds and sense of smell were completely shot and I don't think I tasted anything for the last couple of decades. As I got into ecigs and my sense of taste and smell returned, everything changed. I could taste food, spices, and distinguish different blends of coffee...everything changed.

I had a lot of problems finding a good liquid...that is until I realized that I had not tasted my cigarettes for, well, years. I was just smoking for the nicotine...not for the flavor. That's when I started using unflavored liquid. I'm no longer chasing that elusive cigarette/tobacco flavor, or any flavor for that matter, but it seems to me that the unflavored is the closest thing I have found to what I vaguely remember as smoking.

^ What he said

Except, nicotine has a flavor all it's own ..... therefor it is also a flavoring.

Last edited:

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
    Oct 7, 2013
    Warren Mi
    Relitivly new vaper here,about 12 weeks. Why would you want somthing that tastes like the stinky thing you are trying to give up? I smoked ciggs for about 36 years almost all marlboro red. Now I keep 3 batterys and 6 tanks rotating a variety of flavors. If i stopped buing juice today I could probably vape a few moths before I got low. I had my first marlboro since I started vaping a while ago. BORING TASTLESS DRY AND UNSATIFYING are how I would describe it. Pick a vendor and try some varity to life. Dont wast money on tiny bottles get 15 ml or more. I cant belive how good vaping got once I stoped tring to duplicate smoking. REPLACE SMOKING!!! ITS BETTER!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread