What happen????

Status
Not open for further replies.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
I was not very satisfied with my order this time and had made a good sized order.. I placed my order on the 7th and received it on the 13th. I ordered a bunch of 510 bats and atty's because I was happy with my first order.. But, this time not so much not only did it take 4 days to get sent but I did not receive it till 6 days after the initial order. And when I opened my package and seen the "new" bats and addy's my first reaction was cool their stainless instead of brass I liked the look better exempt for how it says InnoVapor on the side of the 510 bat.. That's not my complaint though... These "new" batteries have a cut off now and not a good one its very short and is not consistent sometimes its 10 seconds and sometimes its not even 2 seconds.. And sometimes it doesn't start back up again like you have to wait 5 minutes before it kicks back in..

Stainless look instead of copper positive
Faulty cutoff on every batteries negative

I wish I had ordered through someone els.. Made 2 purchases from 2 differnt places that day the other sites shipment came on monday on monday I made another order for a PT and it came the same day as my innovapor package.. Just not happy very disappointing I expected better.. These batteries are not as good as my first.. Atomizers are still very good with a cool new stainless steel ring around it rather than the brass one..

Not saying don't order from here just saying don't be to over confident in them.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
Nah the battery cut off acts like it is dead. I recharged and sometimes have to tap em to my pcc to reset it.

The button does feel slightly softer, BUT on the bright side it is a battery.

I thought this too but it just doesn't seem too work rite I keep just switching back to the first battery I got from them because the cut off bugs me I puff a puff for 4 seconds and it don't work for 2 minutes kills my vape break (smoke break). And I also keep thinking its died but it only takes a second to charge. It was just so much better with no cut off...

I did also forget to mention I do like the atomizers they have worked the best so far.. WITH the old no cutoff battery

Your pcc might be suspect.

I have to tap the side of mine at the top to get it to charge the batteries.
My greenie is out preforming my blue one I got in my first kit 3 weeks ago.

Now for the attys. The copper banded hate my PT and love my battery. They heat slower and are less picky on the flooding, they do seem to clog easy and are juice hogs.

The steel seem to heat faster and are as thirsty as the copper banded but produce a nice fog. They love my pt and are more picky on which battery I am using.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
Your pcc might be suspect.

I have to tap the side of mine at the top to get it to charge the batteries.
My greenie is out preforming my blue one I got in my first kit 3 weeks ago.

Now for the attys. The copper banded hate my PT and love my battery. They heat slower and are less picky on the flooding, they do seem to clog easy and are juice hogs.

The steel seem to heat faster and are as thirsty as the copper banded but produce a nice fog. They love my pt and are more picky on which battery I am using.

Pretty sure its not my PCC it works fine I have the old batteries from innovapor they charge and work fine.. The new ones have a cut off feature that is either going to just bug me really bad and blow the whole experience or take some getting used too. But the cut off is not very consistent some times it gives me about 10sec which isn't bad but other times its like 2 second or just wont work till i let it sit for about 2 minutes which I don't like..

The brass banded atty's I also like.. And these new steel atty's they just seem to produce an awesome vapor that I really like! I also have a bunch of the atty's without the bands at all they work and take a longer break in period but don't work as good. Yet with my PT I like them better than the banded to me they seem to give more flavor with the same amount of vapor when used on my PT so that works out.

I just have to figure out these finicky new batteries because so far I can't get past the cut off... I wish there was a way to fry just the chip with the timer but I haven't wanted to risk taking them apart yet and have not had one die.

Thanks everyone for your feedback I'm just looking for the solution

Last edited:

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
I had a pair of the silver batteries arrive in the mail with the auto-cutoff, which confused me at first because I thought something was wrong with them.

I'd take a drag, they'd blink and turn off like they needed recharging, I'd toss them in the charger and they'd appear to be charged right away. Finally I figured out that I had to wait a few seconds between taking drags.

I suppose they will last longer than normal since I can't empty them as fast, but I think I prefer the kind without the auto-shutoff so I can get those long 5-6 second drags.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
I had a pair of the silver batteries arrive in the mail with the auto-cutoff, which confused me at first because I thought something was wrong with them.

I'd take a drag, they'd blink and turn off like they needed recharging, I'd toss them in the charger and they'd appear to be charged right away. Finally I figured out that I had to wait a few seconds between taking drags.

I suppose they will last longer than normal since I can't empty them as fast, but I think I prefer the kind without the auto-shutoff so I can get those long 5-6 second drags.

I agree I just cant get passed the cutoff I've actually decided to just get new ones from somewhere els... So I'm going to rip one apart (carefully) I know it can be dangerous.. But yeah there is a chip in there and I will find it put my soldering iron to it and then see if I can get it back together again glasses on and fingers crossed...

And to them lasting longer that's not necessarily true gotta use energy to light that little blinking light

Headless

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
North Carolina, USA
I returned a couple of the batteries not too long ago (still waiting for the replacements to arrive...). I thought there was something wrong with them because they would die on me after using them only 5-10 minutes. They would start working again maybe 10 minutes later, but that was just totally annoying to have to keep switching back and forth between them.

I guess it wasn't just my batteries that were wonky. Reading this now it seems it's a much bigger problem.

laidbak101

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
I returned a couple of the batteries not too long ago (still waiting for the replacements to arrive...). I thought there was something wrong with them because they would die on me after using them only 5-10 minutes. They would start working again maybe 10 minutes later, but that was just totally annoying to have to keep switching back and forth between them.

I guess it wasn't just my batteries that were wonky. Reading this now it seems it's a much bigger problem.

Yes it drives me crazy... They messed up I won't be getting them again; Not from IV anyways... Atty's good batteries horrible!

WaterDemon

May 15, 2009
Would agree on the comments made. I got 3 batteries and 6 atomizers from IV. No complaints on the atomizers, the batteries are a different story. Like some, I thought that they weren't charging right. Took a while but quickly figured out that the batts had a 5-7 second auto cut-off in them.

My question, why? On an auto battery I could see it, but not on a manual battery. To make it worse, the battery will not fire back on for another 5-7 seconds after the cutoff has been tripped. It makes these batteries just about useless. Maybe they should change the wording on their site which states the following:

Sealed manual battery is great for direct dripping. No cut-off means total user control. However we recommend a 5 second rule so that you do not “over heat” the atomizer, which can reduce life span. The 510 is a performance machine, extra batteries are a must have!

There is DEFINITELY a cut-off.

Headless

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
North Carolina, USA
I got the replacements for the ones I returned. Same thing. They crap out after a little while and then you have to wait for them to work again. VERY annoying.

These are different than the older ones I already had. They have the innovapor link printed on them and have more of a matt type of finish rather than the more glossy finish that my older ones have. I don't mind the link or the different finish, but I DO mind the cut off they do now.

I guess maybe I need to find another vendor for batteries because I do not want any more of these and don't want to mess with another return.

I'll continue to buy everything else from Innovapor, but I'll be passing on the batteries for now.

Battlecry

Sep 1, 2009
Spokane, WA
I just received 2 batteries from them two days ago and don't seem to be having the same problems. They're green LED with their address written on the side and have a silver band instead of the normal brass. I was worried when I read this thread so I've been vaping like crazy to see if I need to return them, but they seem work fine.

Loving the green LED, BTW. Much brighter than the blue.

jesstene

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Salt Lake City
I understand that there is some frustration with the new design of the manual batteries.

All manual batteries now carry a 7-second cutoff. This is a manufacturing change as the batteries that do not have a cutoff can become activated and present a fire-hazard. Also if they are activated for excessive amounts of time it can cause permanent damage to the atomizers.

Due to these reasons all batteries will have the 7-second cutoff. The automatic batteries carry a 5 second cutoff.

I am very sorry for the change and the wording on the site is also getting changed. If you have any further questions about this issue please contact me or email innovapor@gmail.com, or call 801-557-7773 and we will answer those questions for you.

Thank you again and we appreciate your understanding that we want to be able to offer you the safest product possible!

Happy Vaping!

Millie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread