The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What happened to cig-a-likes? Make a pod that looks like a cig...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Shadav, Mar 8, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    ok I get that pods are all the rage :lol::pervy:
    but seriously....
    feeling rather frustrated because I can't find any cig-a-likes, ok well I found a few on fasttech with very limited cart choices

I know that we all know that there are much better options than cig-a-likes but for most smokers they are still in that mindset that it must look, feel, taste like a cig

they make pod systems that are 300mah and under, why couldn't they make it look like a cig-a-like instead?

[rant] i finally talk my husband into trying vaping with a cig-a-like, he actually was excited because it looked like a real cig and now all I can find is some questionable pre filled carts that I know he's not going to like [/rant]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    There's always Vuse and Blu. Not nearly as tasty but both meet the cigalike criteria. I stopped smoking with Vuse so it's not impossible.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I just did a google search and found a bunch of disposable cig-a-likes:

NEwhere
    Njoy
    Zig-zag
    V2 Cigs
    Vapor4Life WOW
    Logic
    Smoketip
    7's Ecig
    Blu
    NKD 100 Nicotine Salts
    Smart Vape Xen

Just want to note that these are disposable, so probably expensive to use, but I started vaping with Njoys and it worked for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My very first e-cigarette was a disposable N-Joy. My first starter kit was a Smokeless Image Volt starter kit.

[​IMG]

Knowing what I know now, I probably would never suggest a cigalike to a smoker hoping to quit smoking, but if it gets your foot into the door to start vaping then whatever works.

I only used the Smokeless Image kit for about a month. I grew frustrated with the poor battery time and small capacity cartomizers. I moved up to a mod and cartotank and never looked back.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Shadav

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    I guess it's just the sites I've been looking at, can't find crap in the way of cig-a-likes...
    (well that and the second issue is finding one that ships to pakistan)

• Like Like x 2
  6. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I was thinking the other day about ciglikes and how it felt the very first time. They really weren't that good, but it got me to other devices that were, but I did like the simplicity. I wonder how many would go back to that form, if they were every bit as good as a modern day tank and mod set up? Personally I dont think I would, because I dont want to be associated with smoking in a visual sense. Good luck in Pakistan

• Like Like x 2
  7. VapeAficianado

VapeAficianado Full Member

Jul 12, 2018
    The Juul happens to be what finally allowed me quit the cancer sticks for good. Expensive but effective with a low profile.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. tara81

tara81 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    Mig cig 21 - constant 4.2 volts - the pink version feels soft like a cig and you can get silicone tips for the mouthpiece so it feels soft like a cig on your lips. Refillable tanks , this thing has good cloud production for a tiny device. I’ve tried a few other mini cigalikes and none compared for taste, Vapor quantity. Halo and v2 weren’t as good either. The halo tanks had a rubber taste to them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. dedi

dedi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Vapor 4 life got me off cigs and I sometimes still use them....though I do use a Smokeless Image mini Volt clearomizer (808 connection).......fond memories of "back in the day......)

• Like Like x 5
  10. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Coming from someone who got off the stinkies with cigalikes and used them for Four Years (oi), before and after, they suck literally and figuratively.

Modern pod systems have destroyed cigalikes in the market for a reason.

It’s not worth it.

I understand that you have a specific need but, trust me, they really aren’t good.

Filling cartos sucks. Carto flavor sucks. The batteries are weak and fragile. One drop and there is a good chance of failure.

You need to get this guy on, at the very least, a pod system.

Having said that, the Mig is probably the best out there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    A few months back I found a Fuma cig-a-like I used to puff on in a dresser drawer. After using modulars for a while, none could get it done like that cig-a-like used to. So I went on a search in stores and online. Nope, nada, nah. They all sucked for one reason or other.

So then I went the carpenter pencil route. Again close but no cigars. (Pun intended?)

In one shop a proprietor said "have you tried a Rennova Zero?" Yeah it looks a little goofy but boy was it satisfactory like a yummy flavored cigarette and was ridiculously smooth. Rennova is a side project for Vapresso.

A few months later Vappresso sent a few of us their updated Aurora called Play. It's not a cig-a-like, but like a Zippo lighter with a tip the size of a cigarette and hits like a Zero. Vappresso says they'll be arriving in late March as they are still working out some final kinks or wrinkles.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. TonyL1

TonyL1 Full Member

Jan 6, 2019
    South Carolina, USA
    Uwell Caliburn

• Like Like x 4
  13. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    • Like Like x 5
  14. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    I’d buy one of those.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Jacvapour do the V3i cigalike, don't know any suppliers would ship to Pakistan. But you could always ask.

V3i Cigalike Kits | E Cigarette | JAC Vapour

Then there's another small UK company called 10motives, they have their V2 Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette. Yet again, no ideas on shipping.

V2 Rechargeable E-Cigarette | 10 Motives

10motives liquids aren't bad either, just not cheap and only available in 10ml bottles. The Joy's of TPD.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    One idea, if you are in Indiana and he is in Pakistan then you could order to your house then re-label it and ship it to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shadav

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    :lol: except it'd cost $100+ for me to ship to him

19. Mordacai

Mordacai Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Would fasttech or any other Chinese webstore with e-packet ship to Pakistan?

Resolves the cost issue if they would ship to Pakistan, but your limited by their stock range.

20. Vicman

Vicman Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    The Ronova Zero. It's easy to fill and after that, is a simple plug and play device. Might not look like a cigarette but is small enough where it can be held between the fingers like a cigar. The 650 mAh lasts a surprisingly long time as well and takes about 40 mins to charge from dead to full battery. They have it at Fasttech so it should be able to ship to Pakistan (at least I think, never tried to ship there so I am just assuming).

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.