What happened to cig-a-likes? Make a pod that looks like a cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
ok I get that pods are all the rage :lol::pervy:
but seriously....
feeling rather frustrated because I can't find any cig-a-likes, ok well I found a few on fasttech with very limited cart choices

I know that we all know that there are much better options than cig-a-likes but for most smokers they are still in that mindset that it must look, feel, taste like a cig

they make pod systems that are 300mah and under, why couldn't they make it look like a cig-a-like instead?

[rant] i finally talk my husband into trying vaping with a cig-a-like, he actually was excited because it looked like a real cig and now all I can find is some questionable pre filled carts that I know he's not going to like [/rant]

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I just did a google search and found a bunch of disposable cig-a-likes:

NEwhere
Njoy
Zig-zag
V2 Cigs
Vapor4Life WOW
Logic
Smoketip
7's Ecig
Blu
NKD 100 Nicotine Salts
Smart Vape Xen

Just want to note that these are disposable, so probably expensive to use, but I started vaping with Njoys and it worked for me.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My very first e-cigarette was a disposable N-Joy. My first starter kit was a Smokeless Image Volt starter kit.

voltkit_02.jpg

Knowing what I know now, I probably would never suggest a cigalike to a smoker hoping to quit smoking, but if it gets your foot into the door to start vaping then whatever works.

I only used the Smokeless Image kit for about a month. I grew frustrated with the poor battery time and small capacity cartomizers. I moved up to a mod and cartotank and never looked back.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I was thinking the other day about ciglikes and how it felt the very first time. They really weren't that good, but it got me to other devices that were, but I did like the simplicity. I wonder how many would go back to that form, if they were every bit as good as a modern day tank and mod set up? Personally I dont think I would, because I dont want to be associated with smoking in a visual sense. Good luck in Pakistan

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
Mig cig 21 - constant 4.2 volts - the pink version feels soft like a cig and you can get silicone tips for the mouthpiece so it feels soft like a cig on your lips. Refillable tanks , this thing has good cloud production for a tiny device. I’ve tried a few other mini cigalikes and none compared for taste, Vapor quantity. Halo and v2 weren’t as good either. The halo tanks had a rubber taste to them.

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Coming from someone who got off the stinkies with cigalikes and used them for Four Years (oi), before and after, they suck literally and figuratively.

Modern pod systems have destroyed cigalikes in the market for a reason.

It’s not worth it.

I understand that you have a specific need but, trust me, they really aren’t good.

Filling cartos sucks. Carto flavor sucks. The batteries are weak and fragile. One drop and there is a good chance of failure.

You need to get this guy on, at the very least, a pod system.

Having said that, the Mig is probably the best out there.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
A few months back I found a Fuma cig-a-like I used to puff on in a dresser drawer. After using modulars for a while, none could get it done like that cig-a-like used to. So I went on a search in stores and online. Nope, nada, nah. They all sucked for one reason or other.

So then I went the carpenter pencil route. Again close but no cigars. (Pun intended?)

In one shop a proprietor said "have you tried a Rennova Zero?" Yeah it looks a little goofy but boy was it satisfactory like a yummy flavored cigarette and was ridiculously smooth. Rennova is a side project for Vapresso.

A few months later Vappresso sent a few of us their updated Aurora called Play. It's not a cig-a-like, but like a Zippo lighter with a tip the size of a cigarette and hits like a Zero. Vappresso says they'll be arriving in late March as they are still working out some final kinks or wrinkles.

IMG_20190302_085248.jpg

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
A few months back I found a Fuma cig-a-like I used to puff on in a dresser drawer. After using modulars for a while, none could get it done like that cig-a-like used to. So I went on a search in stores and online. Nope, nada, nah. They all sucked for one reason or other.

So then I went the carpenter pencil route. Again close but no cigars. (Pun intended?)

In one shop a proprietor said "have you tried a Rennova Zero?" Yeah it looks a little goofy but boy was it satisfactory like a yummy flavored cigarette and was ridiculously smooth. Rennova is a side project for Vapresso.

A few months later Vappresso sent a few of us their updated Aurora called Play. It's not a cig-a-like, but like a Zippo lighter with a tip the size of a cigarette and hits like a Zero. Vappresso says they'll be arriving in late March as they are still working out some final kinks or wrinkles.

IMG_20190302_085248.jpg

I’d buy one of those.

Reactions: Opinionated

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Jacvapour do the V3i cigalike, don't know any suppliers would ship to Pakistan. But you could always ask.

V3i Cigalike Kits | E Cigarette | JAC Vapour

Then there's another small UK company called 10motives, they have their V2 Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette. Yet again, no ideas on shipping.

V2 Rechargeable E-Cigarette | 10 Motives

10motives liquids aren't bad either, just not cheap and only available in 10ml bottles. The Joy's of TPD.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
The Ronova Zero. It's easy to fill and after that, is a simple plug and play device. Might not look like a cigarette but is small enough where it can be held between the fingers like a cigar. The 650 mAh lasts a surprisingly long time as well and takes about 40 mins to charge from dead to full battery. They have it at Fasttech so it should be able to ship to Pakistan (at least I think, never tried to ship there so I am just assuming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread