What happened to Ecigexpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I understand what you say Uncle. I think most people like a clean and clear Nic, Nude Nic being one. I guess I'm a bit different in that aspect as I come from cigarettes, cigars, redman chewing tobacco for 52 years without a hitch. I actually liked them all because of the tobacco taste itself. Oh I could have quit pretty easily enough, I just liked the flavor, especially redman chewing tobacco. That's why I liked Ecigexpress Nic so much, it had the most tobaccoie flavor I could find, and I tested a few of those so-called "Dirty" Nic's. But Wet Dog ?? :lol:

It could be that after so many years of tobacco use my sniffer & taster got "Perverted" in a way, and that is what I get when I used that Nic (a tobaccoie flavor and smell). I don't vape to keep from smoking or chewing, I vape because I liked the tobaccoie flavor I got from the Nic itself more, it was a cleaner taste than the tobacco I was using (Pall Mall reds), plus didn't have all the added chemical crap the tobacco companies added into their products. I either vape Unflavored, or, my blend of Menthol/Mint (I smoked "Kool Filter Kings" for decades). But, I have some MFS Nic on the way and I'll just see how that works out, then maybe something else if I'm not satisfied, but prolly not a "clean and clear" tasteless Nic, so who knows. I should have bought more Ecig Nic though, then I wouldn't be in this situation. :facepalm:

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@52anddone - I've bought, and decanted, 13 liters of HV 100mg/mL House Nic base for myself and local friends in the last 7 months. While decanting it into amber glass bottles...I've personally noticed no "off" or unusual smell from any of it. Granted, I didn't stick my nose right down to the bottle and sniff it. But, my nose was probably within 7-8 inches of it while holding it and pouring from bottle to bottle.

I've always had a really sensitive sense of smell. I detect the smell of things first, and at times things that others around me don't smell at all...which can sometimes be a really bad thing :eek:...and other times not.

I imagine batches of nic base can smell different than others, and that it's possible to detect things others don't. However, the 13L I mentioned were bought just 2-3 Liters at a time during those 7 months. So I doubt they were from the same batch each time.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks JC. A sensitive sense of smell I can't ever remember having, and I have heard that smell and taste are connected so that is why all my questions on the "Wet Dog" comment.

Yesterday (Saturday) I made up a 10ml test batch of the MFS Nic (I made up some Unflavored 80 PG/20 VG), I got my Liter of 100mg/ml a few days ago. This MFS seems to be just a bit more peppery than my ECX Nic and not much flavor to it either, unlike my ECX which is slightly "tobaccoie" (spelling ??). MFS seems to make a decent Unflavored vape though. Maybe next month I'll try a Liter of HV House Nic and give it a test. I stuck my nose almost on top of the liter opening and gave the MFS a Good Sniff, I couldn't detect any smell at all. Oh well. ;)

Thanks JC and Uncle. :thumbs:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Maybe next month I'll try a Liter of HV House Nic and give it a test. I stuck my nose almost on top of the liter opening and gave the MFS a Good Sniff, I couldn't detect any smell at all. Oh well.
    I don't usually order nic in the summer, but the liter I did had a smell when it arrived and first opened.
    Once it got to room temp (was probably 90+ deg. off the truck) the smell went away.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Maybe next month I'll try a Liter of HV House Nic and give it a test

They have smaller bottles of nic available under their DIY menu in case you would rather try a small batch first.

BTW: About that wet dog smell/musty smell, I got that same smell from a 120ml bottle of NicSelect that I decanted the same day. Bought from HV the same week I bought a couple liters of their house nic. So that smell is not exclusive to HV house brand. And like I said, it's been reported as a common smell that goes away when you cut it down to vapable strengths.

I never tasted that musty smell, but I have faintly smelled it when I vape in my house when the air is humid. Or even in my car. But the key is, the air has to be humid for me to smell it. This was with HV bulk eliquid as that is all I have been vaping for years before I started buying my own ingredients.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Up here in Minnesota, my humid part of the season is just around the corner, but it's not too bad, certainly Not like Florida or some other places in this country. Thanks Uncle, I should try a smaller bottle first I guess, It's been over 4 years since I have bought any Nic, and I guess I just forgot about that being an option. :thumb:

Hello @puffon , it's been awhile, how you been doing ??

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    My ECX Nic has a slight "tobaccoie" flavor, but I can't even begin to describe the flavor I get off this MFS Nic, it is peppery though, more so than ECX Nic, but flavor wise I have NO idea, MFS does have a flavor to it, I just can't describe it in words.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My ECX Nic has a slight "tobaccoie" flavor, but I can't even begin to describe the flavor I get off this MFS Nic, it is peppery though, more so than ECX Nic, but flavor wise I have NO idea, MFS does have a flavor to it, I just can't describe it in words.

I expect nic to have some aroma and flavor. My first liter of nic never got into the freezer and turned a nice shade of light gold in the first year. It wasn't that bad, but I eventually used it full strength to discourage and kill fire ant mounds in my yard (and it did make a significant reduction). Since then, I've re-bottled nic and stored it in the freezer as it arrives and it all stays clear.

At lower nic levels (3mg or so) I wouldn't mind having a little more nic bite. When I mix a bottle at 12mg nic strength the nic presence shows up and it's kind of nice.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Wow !! Fire ant therapy, that's using your head alright, I never would have thought of using it for that.

At 3mg strength you would need it strong just to have any flavor at all, I would suspect. I didn't put my ECX in the freezer either, and 4 years later I do notice it lost a bit of strength/bite, I kept it downstairs in the basement pantry as an experiment in storage conditions, where it is usually 10° cooler than anywhere else in the house at any time of the year, it is close to the air conditioner room also and that gets cold, I'll say summer time it is around 55°- 60° in there for the warmest temp, winter time maybe 45° 50°. This round I'm gonna put this liter of MFS (NIC/PG 100mg/ml) in my stand alone freezer packed in a box with the glass bottles wrapped with bubble wrap and situated in the bottom of my freezer. I hope that that will be good enough anyway. I have seen it posted that the BEST way to keep NIC for long time storage is with VG, not PG, but VG is hard to get stirred back up thoroughly, for me, PG works better and has more flavor. I have read most of Curt's (I think that is his name anyway, I'm going by memory here, and mine is suspect at the least) posts, but that was about 2015 or 2016 I think. I haven't been on here for years myself, so if things have changed, please let me know.

I use "Flavour Art Flash" for enhanced throat hit, @ 1.75% (but you could go stronger if you like, or weaker) in all my mixes (my Menthol/Mint and Unflavored mixes).

Last edited:

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    is it good,bad or just tolerable?what mg do you mix to?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Goat cheese is like the ONLY good thing goats are for. I could have phrased that better but I can't be bothered.

Unless you are eating the very flesh of a goat; I would describe it as gamey lamb. I really like lamb but I will eat goat (usually only if it is offered to me, I don't seek it out) but that is because this means there is one less goat in the world, and I'm ALL for that.

I can't even imagine trying to milk a goat however. I am sure there will be some who want to say the average domesticated goat is sweet as pie. You aren't convincing ME of that if I had to milk a goat I would subdue it with a dart, hog tie it, twitch it, and probably saw off the horns.

If anyone wants to accuse me of cruelty to animals well goats were mean to me WAY first. I first encountered a goat a petting zoo and like it repeatedly head butted me, and NO grown up did anything, they were just like, "Oh thank God the goat has found a toddler! Everyone ignore it we don't have to keep our eye out for it for a while."

To add insult to injury I was trying to FEED IT TREATS.

Anna

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I like it. Is it Good, Bad or just Tolerable ?? It's different from my ECX Nic wind. It is more peppery than ECX NIC, and I mix to 10mg/ml. The MFS does NOT have a chemical flavor, but not tobaccoie either, I got used to it quite quickly though, and like it. Put a small drop of the 100mg/ml on your finger and put it to your tongue, the MFS is quite peppery like I said,but not much smell that I can discern any way.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Goat cheese is like the ONLY good thing goats are for. I could have phrased that better but I can't be bothered.

Unless you are eating the very flesh of a goat; I would describe it as gamey lamb. I really like lamb but I will eat goat (usually only if it is offered to me, I don't seek it out) but that is because this means there is one less goat in the world, and I'm ALL for that.

I can't even imagine trying to milk a goat however. I am sure there will be some who want to say the average domesticated goat is sweet as pie. You aren't convincing ME of that if I had to milk a goat I would subdue it with a dart, hog tie it, twitch it, and probably saw off the horns.

If anyone wants to accuse me of cruelty to animals well goats were mean to me WAY first. I first encountered a goat a petting zoo and like it repeatedly head butted me, and NO grown up did anything, they were just like, "Oh thank God the goat has found a toddler! Everyone ignore it we don't have to keep our eye out for it for a while."

To add insult to injury I was trying to FEED IT TREATS.

Anna

I'm thinking of getting a couple goats to "mow" my lawn.

Did you know some goats can climb trees?

141532_web.0.jpg

GoatsInTress01-m-0302.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I like it. Is it Good, Bad or just Tolerable ?? It's different from my ECX Nic wind. It is more peppery than ECX NIC, and I mix to 10mg/ml. The MFS does NOT have a chemical flavor, but not tobaccoie either, I got used to it quite quickly though, and like it. Put a small drop of the 100mg/ml on your finger and put it to your tongue, the MFS is quite peppery like I said,but not much smell that I can discern any way.

When you say the nic base tastes like tobacco, do you mean like unburned tobacco, like unflavored chew?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread