Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Speaking of kanger I bought this off eBay. It's supposed to be a subtank mini. Can anyone confirm that from a picture?

View attachment 749103
That's a clone. At least I think it is, because I don't think Kanger ever made that color. IIRC, it comes in stainless, black, red and white. That's also a PTII/Evod2 style drip tip, not the wide bore that shipped with the STM.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Speaking of kanger I bought this off eBay. It's supposed to be a subtank mini. Can anyone confirm that from a picture?

View attachment 749103
It does look like one but would need to see inside and the coil itself to confirm. You can still buy stm on fasttech. They also offer clones that work quite well. The also have parts you can put together for a completely different look but still use the coil/rba. I have lots of them in my stash and use some daily.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
That's a clone. At least I think it is, because I don't think Kanger ever made that color. IIRC, it comes in stainless, black, red and white. That's also a PTII/Evod2 style drip tip, not the wide bore that shipped with the STM.
Yes Kanger did make that color. I have a few original ones in my stash.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The STM and the Subox lit the forum up like a christmas tree when they were released.
The STM was my first RTA, though I started by rebuilding the factory heads. I recommended the Subox kit to at four people who got off the cigs using them.
I bought the Dripbox 1, hated it and PIFd it a week later.
I had high hopes for Dripbox 2 (80 watt regulated), but serious issues with it put me off.
Those square coil heads were so easy to wick and recoil. Loved them and probably still have a baggie full stashed somewhere. My first rba as well.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Does anybody remember the color code for drop in coils for the STM?
I'm setting up a new vaper with one of my tanks, and have a bag of coils I've never used.
I believe the red ring is Kanthal.
The blue ring is Ni200 ?
The white ring SS ?

Should be etched on the coil

SS
NI
TI

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
  • Love
Reactions: Letitia

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
  • Useful

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Can I use the rba for the toptank mini? I was told by a seller on eBay I could and they're cheaper at ft.
$2.80 (Free Shipping) Replacement Mini RBA Plus Coil Head for KangerTech Toptank Mini Clearomizer (Mini RBA Plus Head) at m.FastTech.com

I think it says ni on the coil. It does say kangertech

Yes the RBA is fine in the toptank. If it is an authentic RBA then the coil is .5 ohm kanthal that it ships with. You can use any wire to wrap what you want.

Available at fasttech for cheap
$5.30 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini RBA Plus Coil Head - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Useful

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
  • Useful

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
They will Fit Fine.

But be aware that these RBA Sections have the Small Side Holes on the RBA Barrel. Which some people Don't like.
I always thought that too, but in reality I finally did use some of the ones with the smaller holes and found no difference at all in taste or vapor. Even the original rba which has the holes on the bottom and screwed together work flawlessly.

• Optimistic

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I always thought that too, but in reality I finally did use some of the ones with the smaller holes and found no difference at all in taste or vapor. Even the original rba which has the holes on the bottom and screwed together work flawlessly.

The side screw rba was the bomb to me, had a hell of a time with the OG rba.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The side screw rba was the bomb to me, had a hell of a time with the OG rba.
Yeah and don't lose one. I tried to find replacements for that side screw......finally went to the kangerstore in us and altho I bought what they said was a replacement it really wasn't. Way too big to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread