Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I always thought that too, but in reality I finally did use some of the ones with the smaller holes and found no difference at all in taste or vapor. Even the original rba which has the holes on the bottom and screwed together work flawlessly.

:)

Yeah... Like most things around here, Some Like'um - Some Hate'um.

I kinda have No Opinion on them. Because I prefer the Original rba Sections after the e-liquid Inlets have been enlarged Slightly.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The side screw rba was the bomb to me, had a hell of a time with the OG rba.

Yeah... The Original RBA Section Didn't work worth a Darm unless the e-Liquid Inlets in the deck were Enlarged.

Or unless someone was running Very High PG. LOL

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah and don't lose one. I tried to find replacements for that side screw......finally went to the kangerstore in us and altho I bought what they said was a replacement it really wasn't. Way too big to fit.
I lost one and it worked fine without the screw.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Awesome. I never saw that color offered.
I don't know if the tanks were offered individually, but I remember they had some kits (SuBox or TopBox, I forget which) that came a mod and tank in the pastel colors.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't know if the tanks were offered individually, but I remember they had some kits (SuBox or TopBox, I forget which) that came a mod and tank in the pastel colors.
Kanger offered the 'nano' tanks that had the pink and purple tanks but they would only fit the stock coils. Rba did not fit in them.

The blue colored kanger iirc was bought in a kit. But it was a long time ago so I could be mistaken. I will have to check my stash when I get back to WV later this month.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
8x226PO.jpg

sD9bWIO.jpg

The really cool people swapped the buttons over

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Its been Kangertech throughout our entire vape journey. The protank and its rebuilding set the stage for all my building today. I do have some other attys from other companies but they don't match up to the reliability of the subtank mini we have been using for few years now. The RBA is simple to build and no matter if its laying down or upside down its not leaked. Now that subtanks are being discontinued I have a massive stash and still hoarding parts as I find them on the cheap. IMO any hitter can fire a atty so it doesn't matter to me about kanger hitters...just their STM's and toptanks.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Its been Kangertech throughout our entire vape journey. The protank and its rebuilding set the stage for all my building today. I do have some other attys from other companies but they don't match up to the reliability of the subtank mini we have been using for few years now. The RBA is simple to build and no matter if its laying down or upside down its not leaked. Now that subtanks are being discontinued I have a massive stash and still hoarding parts as I find them on the cheap. IMO any hitter can fire a atty so it doesn't matter to me about kanger hitters...just their STM's and toptanks.

I'll be trying a STM soon. It just got shipped from FT. If I like it as much as a lot of people do I'll probably get more. They have them for $22 at FT.

Normally discontinued stuff gets sold off cheap but I think that might have already come and gone for the STM. There are hardly any out there in the USA. I just looked at spare parts and it seems like it would be more cost effective to buy complete tanks at this point. Are there any particular parts you would recommend getting more of?

Does the RBA give the same vape quality as the drop in heads?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Interesting video. Kanger now has a subbrand called Arymi Arymi although I do not really hear much about it. And they even have a pod that is refillable that no one seems to know about.

I'm still a Kanger fan. I started with Vuse, Ego, Johnson Creek egos with their tanks, Evod glass and then my first real mod was a Kanger Nano. That really cemented it for me. Although I had stopped smoking already the Nano really proved to me that I would never smoke again. I had 2 nanos, then got 2 toptank nano's, the toptank mini, and the mini-c and the subvod mega which is an extra with an internal battery that fits the toptank.

I also have a protank 4 which fits the boxes nicely and I like protank 4. I actually want to buy the subtank plus but they are hard to find. And I have a 160 watt Kbox that I never used.

The first 2 nanos did not last - stripped threads but the rest are all OK. I have the 2 nano boxes and like 4 or 5 nano toptanks stashed along with the protank 4 and the mini c tank. And I bought a good amount of drop coils plus a bunch of rba bases for my stash.

I learned how to build on the mini and the whole process was so easy for me since they all take the same coils. To me, back then that was important. I just picked what mod (color coordinated) I wanted to use and had a coil

So Kanger has been good to me.

I've only recently started to branch out with other boxes and rta's.

I was surprised that the mini c is billed as the successer to the subtank/toptank/box line. Wattge only, small tank and no rba.

If they came out with something new and improved, I'd try it.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

There is no comparison to the RBA vs the drop in coils. Its the freedom of building nasty subohm up to the tootle puffing 1.6Ω+ builds. The only part that is becoming a issue for me since most of my STMs are several years old is the rubber insulator in the base that are beginning to dry out and become fragile. I found some PEEK Deck Insulator for Taifun BT RTA Atomizer in FT that fit pretty close but are a ioda short but do work. Lot of the other STM parts are still getable but the insulators are only found on the kanger site, mighty expensive and been out of stock for eons...long enough they may never come back.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm guessing there are lots of threads here with advice for building on a STM.

Yeah... there might be 1 or 2 threads here on the ECF.

There could even be a Few YouTube Videos on building the STM too.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'll be trying a STM soon. It just got shipped from FT. If I like it as much as a lot of people do I'll probably get more. They have them for $22 at FT.

Normally discontinued stuff gets sold off cheap but I think that might have already come and gone for the STM. There are hardly any out there in the USA. I just looked at spare parts and it seems like it would be more cost effective to buy complete tanks at this point. Are there any particular parts you would recommend getting more of?

The RBA should already have a 0.50 ohm coil installed in it when it arrives. Just wick it up and you are good to go. I believe the coil is nichrome. They dry burn beautifully and last a long time.

tip--you need to loosen the small screw on the chimney in order to remove it to wick/coil the rba. Just loosen it, don't take it totally off...they are so small and a pita to get back in. Have a magnetic screwdriver handy if you do drop it, that helps to keep the cursing down to a minimum. LOL

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
Anyone remember the original Subtank? 25 mm, the one with the three holes for airflow, came with an rba but you had to change the top of the tank? I remember being so mad because I paid fifty bucks for it and literally like a week later they released the Mini, which was way better. The first Mini, with the rba with holes only on the bottom, I remember Facebook wars about whether it was better to drill through the side of the chimney or the bottom. I learned to build on them, first on the OCC coils, then the rba section. I used those for a good year, I bet, bought tons of spare parts for them, even the 'plus' base for the OG so that it could take the mini rba. I bought a dripbox160 super cheap from a shop last summer, and aside from the battery door breaking, so that I need to use a rubber band to keep it shut..aside from that it's been pretty flawless and I actually love the chip. I only use voltage, and it's the only regulated squonker that I use. I owe a debt of gratitude to Kanger, they really were at the top of the game at the exact time that I was getting started. I can never get my frankensteined subtanks to work well any more, but if I saw a new old Mini for sale cheap, I'd probably buy it.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Those square coil heads were so easy to wick and recoil. Loved them and probably still have a baggie full stashed somewhere. My first rba as well.
I love, love, love those square coil heads. As you mention, very easy to rebuild. Almost makes the RBA for the STM pointless.

Still have a bunch of the coils heads, but only have one backup STM and one TT still in the box. They will probably get me through my coil supply though. The only subtank I've ever retired was my original Subtank Plus that had the literal 'pin' sticking out the bottom of the 510 pin. I'm still using my first STM and subtank plus v2 from time to time. Had to replace the bottom seals a few times, but they still work great. Great tanks.

If the two backups I have last as long as those two, then I don't need any more of the tanks, lol. My two originals still work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread