What happened to my Pico ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
I have been enjoying my three week old Pico with a Ego One Mega V2 in both wattage and S.S. TC modes. Last night I was reading about the "cotton burn test" and thought I'd give it a try. I tested in temp ranges starting at my vape temp of 310f and went up to 500f. Only at the 500f did the cotton show any signs of browning. I put the 1.34ohm coil I had been using that day back into the Pico and called it a day. This morning I am not getting any coil heat at my usual 310f in S.S. mode. I need to bump the temp up to 450f to get it vaping. The Pico still works well at 9w in wattage mode. I don't have another coil here at the offcie to try. Any ideas ?

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
The keyboard will live- Shawn- With tank removed- I hit the fire button in both wattage and TC SS mode and reattached the tank. Does the Pico ask to select another tank like some devices ? This one is not. Still getting a very lackluster vape at 310f at 12w. I need to bump it to about 360 unlike yesterday 310 ? It shows it is getting up to 300 temps with the "temp protection" kicking in and out.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
If your resistance - when using a SS316L coil (or any TC coil) was reading high when the atomizer was attached, the vape will be overly warm to hot necessitating a reduction in temp. If the coil was cold, temp control kicks in very quickly. You can see how important the mod and coil be at room temp, as stated in the manual, when assembling. I vape primarily in SS TC modes, and keep my temp between 420 and 470 depending on the mod... 310, for me, would be cool. I suspect your coil was warmish when it was attached previously...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

backitdown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
On a boat in So.CA
All is well. The Pico seems to be a little finicky when displaying/recognizing the "new coil" . After several coil changes it finally showed the "new coil" and recognized the coil properly. It's vaping great at the old 310f temperature setting. Enjoy your evening and Thx for your assistance.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
All is well. The Pico seems to be a little finicky when displaying/recognizing the "new coil" . After several coil changes it finally showed the "new coil" and recognized the coil properly. It's vaping great at the old 310f temperature setting. Enjoy your evening and Thx for your assistance.
Glad to hear it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread