Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I haven't stayed up on vaping tech the last few years. I've been happily vaping along on my VaporShark rDNA 40, and while it still works great, it doesn't look so hot anymore. So I decided to see what new mods VaporShark had and I don't see any on their extremely slow website. So did they get out of the mod business? What about Evolv, are the dna chips still popular, or are they old news now too.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Evolv DNA boards are still being made and upgraded all the time. The 2 latest boards the 75C and 250C have color screens, Temp Control and a new feature called Replay.

I am personally using an HCigar VT 75D that uses the 75C board and love it so much I bought 4 of them. HCigar makes a mod with the 250C board that can use 2 OR 3 batteries. Lost Vape also makes several mods using these DNA boards. Jac Vapor has some DNA based mods as well.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
What about Evolv, are the DNA chips still popular, or are they old news now too.

Not only are they still being made, as was mentioned above, but they're still considered top-of-the-line. There's nothing better, especially for TC.

I don't know what VaporShark's been up to, so I'll have to leave that question for someone else.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It is next to impossible to get a lower watt DNA board nowadays. Higher wattage became a profitable sales pitch and Tempurature Control did also. I am not sure of the number of people, percentage-wise, that stay in that direction but that is where the market went. As a general note in observation I think hobbyists are in that direction. I tinkered and just went back to simplicity.

JacVapor and Hcigar seem to be popular and Dicodes as a high-end workhorse, also, seem to make posts.

Oh, a lot of rebuildable tanks are 25mm wide now. It increases the tank volume without increasing the height.

Good luck.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
It is next to impossible to get a lower watt DNA board nowadays. Higher wattage became a profitable sales pitch and Tempurature Control did also. I am not sure of the number of people, percentage-wise, that stay in that direction but that is where the market went. As a general note in observation I think hobbyists are in that direction. I tinkered and just went back to simplicity.

JacVapor and Hcigar seem to be popular and Dicodes as a high-end workhorse, also, seem to make posts.

Oh, a lot of rebuildable tanks are 25mm wide now. It increases the tank volume without increasing the height.

Good luck.
A friend of mine just gave me an HCigar 40 watt DNA brand new unopened. He just had it sitting around in its original packaging. As soon as I opened the packaging and was looking at it and it and tried out the cover the magnets flew out from the back cover. I super glued them back in, verified the authenticity and it checked out. I only vape at 25 watts 30 max so it works for me and my 25mm tank fits perfectly. :)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
A friend of mine just gave me an HCigar 40 watt DNA brand new unopened. He just had it sitting around in its original packaging. As soon as I opened the packaging and was looking at it and it and tried out the cover the magnets flew out from the back cover. I super glued them back in, verified the authenticity and it checked out. I only vape at 25 watts 30 max so it works for me and my 25mm tank fits perfectly. :)

40w boards haven't been a thing for a while. I wonder if the glue just broke down over time sitting in the box. The board itself was a good board, so it should be good for a while.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Another DNA40 that is in plenty of supply is the Hana Modz ONE MOD DNA 40 (large screen) in blue for $14.95 plus shipping. These things are tiny and light. In one 18650 mode, it only weighs 39 grams and less than 90 grams with a 18650. Don't worry about the low quantity number, he reloads it with more once it gets too low. I love these for taking along for out and about. ;)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Another great low powered DNA mod is the XvoSticks for $150 plus shipping. It sports a DNA60 and this one you can connect up to EScribe software. They're taking orders now and will go in production when they get enough orders. They don't manufacture them too often so now is the time to grab one or more if you like them.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
40w boards haven't been a thing for a while. I wonder if the glue just broke down over time sitting in the box. The board itself was a good board, so it should be good for a while.
I had to reglue my 2 too (HCigar HB40). The glue they used isn't very good in the first place. Even when they were first released, people were complaining about the magnets coming loose. But that's easy to fix. ;)

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Another great low powered DNA mod is the XvoSticks for $150 plus shipping. It sports a DNA60 and this one you can connect up to EScribe software. There are taking orders now and will go in production when they get enough orders. They don't manufacture them too often so now is the time to grab one or more if you like them.
Those are cute ....Looks like the tank is sort of semi-shielded.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't think VaporShark has done anything since the Hedron in 2017, which is also when they sold out to Turning Point Brands who also bought Vapor Beast at around the same time..

Home

Our acquisitions of VaporBeast® and Vapor Shark®, leading e-commerce platforms and sales organizations serving the evolving channels of retail electronic vapor distribution, complement our line of Zig-Zag® vaporizers and e-liquids. Both VaporBeast and Vapor Shark market a wide range of proprietary and third party vapor products directly to non-traditional retailers and consumers across the nation. In addition, Vapor Shark-branded stores extend our reach. We also have a strategic partnership with VMR for the V2® brand of electronic cigarettes.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't think VaporShark has done anything since the Hedron in 2017, which is also when they sold out to Turning Point Brands who also bought Vapor Beast at around the same time..

Home

Our acquisitions of VaporBeast® and Vapor Shark®, leading e-commerce platforms and sales organizations serving the evolving channels of retail electronic vapor distribution, complement our line of Zig-Zag® vaporizers and e-liquids. Both VaporBeast and Vapor Shark market a wide range of proprietary and third party vapor products directly to non-traditional retailers and consumers across the nation. In addition, Vapor Shark-branded stores extend our reach. We also have a strategic partnership with VMR for the V2® brand of electronic cigarettes.

And so the consolidation begins. It won't be long until the first vaping mega-company is created.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I haven't stayed up on vaping tech the last few years. I've been happily vaping along on my VaporShark rDNA 40, and while it still works great, it doesn't look so hot anymore. So I decided to see what new mods VaporShark had and I don't see any on their extremely slow website. So did they get out of the mod business? What about Evolv, are the DNA chips still popular, or are they old news now too.

Welcome back, RamShot!

I completely forgot about VaporShark. They used to be so popular at one time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread