what happens to PG when it's heated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
Hello all,

I have a feeling that this has been discussed ad nauseum somewhere on this forum, so feel free to redirect me. If not....

I have read the whole thread about Glycerin and how it can turn into Acroelin/Acrylamide when heated to a certain temperature. since no one really knows for sure how high our e-liquid gets, I am wondering. Are there any changes to PG when it gets heated? Is PG really SAFER than VG?

Are there any other ways to create vapor without heaing the e-liquid? I know this sounds ridiculous but the whole idea of e-cigarette 10 years ago was probably ridiculous too.

I have been vaping for a little over a week and for 3 months before, and I know that I do feel better, for sure. However this time I am dripping e-liquid and experiencing a lot of sneezing, stuffy sinuses and a little scratchiness in the throat. I can live with this but it makes me uncomfortable to think that there may be some other side effects that may take years to develop. My current e-liquid is from Rocky Moutain Vapor and from Nhaler (Lung Juice) and they are both PG based, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread