Status
Not open for further replies.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
So I have been looking at Hybris atomizer and the 3 that I have found are the HH .357, the Vision, and the Vapage hybrid for bottom feeders. I was wondering how they compare. Of course I have heard how great the .357's are but the price is just ridiculous. I was leaning toward trying the Vision hybrid from COV. Has anyone tried all 3? If not has anyone tried either the hybrid from Vapage or COV? I pretty much know what everyone is going to say about the .357. I've heard how great they are. If the other 2 I mentioned aren't any good I will buy the .357 but what I'm really trying to figure out is should I try the other 2? I can get 4 Vision hybrids for the price of 1 HH .357. I was just wondering if the cheaper ones are even worth getting or should I bite the bullet and get the .357? I'm really hoping someone who has tried the Vapage and the Vision can tell me how they are. thanks for your help!! :vapor:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Can't really comment ... haven't used em!

Maybe a suggestion or two to help out your post (if I may be so bold):
1) Put the font (or font size) back to normal on post #1. It's small, and I'm more likely to "go away" than read it.
2) Provide a link to the atomizer(s) in question.
3) What does hybrid give you? What are you looking at them for?
4) You may have better luck in those vendor's sub-forums (but avoid double posts).

This might at least generate some discussion on the topic. Hope this helps and doesn't offend. :)

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Also, to add suggestions - you might want to post your question in the right part of the forum for atty and carto questions.

Regarding the hh.357 - I've been running my first one daily since 1/24 of this year. I've consumed well over 300 ml with this one. Well worth the 22 bucks or whatever it was I spent on it. It's still going strong and still performing like new.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
...Regarding the hh.357 - I've been running my first one daily since 1/24 of this year. I've consumed well over 300 ml with this one. Well worth the 22 bucks or whatever it was I spent on it. It's still going strong and still performing like new.

So they last longer? Is the $$/ml better then? How long do you run "normal" atomizers?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
So they last longer? Is the $$/ml better then? How long do you run "normal" atomizers?

That's one of their two main selling points, I think. There have been a few people who have had them die a lot quicker, but the vast majority of comments I've read reflect experiences identical to mine. As an example of a reliable opinion: mwa102464 is going on 6 months with his and has posted many comments regarding the hh.357. His first hh.357 death was past 5 months of daily use.

I seldom have an atty make it past 100 ml and I consider it an extraordinary atty that goes beyond that. Some just die; others plug up; others display a decrease in performance; and some will blow a coil with an audible pop. It is rare to get a "normal" atty to keep working and keep performing like new for any real length of time.

there are some specific maintenance instructions for the hh.357, and I think as long as they are followed, it will perform like new for a very extended period of time compared to a "normal" atty.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Throw the iKenvape i06 to your list. His attys have normal pricing and they still last forever (I've been cycling between a few since last October or November).

That i06 is a spectacular atty. I got to use one one day. Then after I said how much I liked it about a million times, my buddy brought one over and gave it to me. In a few days when the 306 I have on right now starts needing maintenance, I'll have an opportunity to put it on my VV Woodville. I think I'll have to open an Iken accout to get a supply of these. I've been pretty loyal to cisco for my attys for a while, but after spending a little time with the i06, I think I need to get some for the REO.

I'm sticking with the hh,357 on the VVPV. That's just true love there. the *best* vape I've experienced so far from anything I've ever vaped .

These 'new' hybrid/high-performance attys make me happy. They do a very thorough atomization job while maintaining superior flavor. I think the hh does edge out the i06 in flavor, it's a small edge though. The i06 produces great flavor. If you want to know what your juices really taste like, get either of these and then compare to anything else you've ever used. These attys are head and shoulders above any of the normal attys out there. There are other specialty attys but out of all the ones I've tried, the hh.357 and the i06 rule the roost.

Attys like this should almost be given a different classification. They're called hybrids. I think "hybrid" should be replaced just simply, "High Performance" There are a few other attys out there that could sure be called high performance, but some are not hybrids, but should probably be discussed in the same way for having similar capability in vapor production.

Anyway, I could have kept that a lot shorter had I just said: You can't go wrong with either the i06 or the hh.357.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hi six, I too wondered what Hybrid atomizer means.... i use to think they were for bottom feeding and dripping both, but now i just don't know.
Is it something about them being bridgeless?

QUOTE=six;6035793]That i06 is a spectacular atty. I got to use one one day. Then after I said how much I liked it about a million times, my buddy brought one over and gave it to me. In a few days when the 306 I have on right now starts needing maintenance, I'll have an opportunity to put it on my VV Woodville. I think I'll have to open an Iken accout to get a supply of these. I've been pretty loyal to cisco for my attys for a while, but after spending a little time with the i06, I think I need to get some for the REO.

I'm sticking with the hh,357 on the VVPV. That's just true love there. the *best* vape I've experienced so far from anything I've ever vaped .

These 'new' hybrid/high-performance attys make me happy. They do a very thorough atomization job while maintaining superior flavor. I think the hh does edge out the i06 in flavor, it's a small edge though. The i06 produces great flavor. If you want to know what your juices really taste like, get either of these and then compare to anything else you've ever used. These attys are head and shoulders above any of the normal attys out there. There are other specialty attys but out of all the ones I've tried, the hh.357 and the i06 rule the roost.

Attys like this should almost be given a different classification. They're called hybrids. I think "hybrid" should be replaced just simply, "High Performance" There are a few other attys out there that could sure be called high performance, but some are not hybrids, but should probably be discussed in the same way for having similar capability in vapor production.

Anyway, I could have kept that a lot shorter had I just said: You can't go wrong with either the i06 or the hh.357.[/QUOTE]

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
So I have been looking at Hybris atomizer and the 3 that I have found are the HH .357, the Vision, and the Vapage hybrid for bottom feeders. I was wondering how they compare. Of course I have heard how great the .357's are but the price is just ridiculous. I was leaning toward trying the Vision hybrid from COV. Has anyone tried all 3? If not has anyone tried either the hybrid from Vapage or COV? I pretty much know what everyone is going to say about the .357. I've heard how great they are. If the other 2 I mentioned aren't any good I will buy the .357 but what I'm really trying to figure out is should I try the other 2? I can get 4 Vision hybrids for the price of 1 HH .357. I was just wondering if the cheaper ones are even worth getting or should I bite the bullet and get the .357? I'm really hoping someone who has tried the Vapage and the Vision can tell me how they are. thanks for your help!! :vapor:

I can tell you this: I turned my nose up at the HH357 when it first came out. At the time, and for almost a year, I was buying 10/paks of dse 901 SR's from Vaporking for $37, and thought you couldn't find a better vape ( I was using my Provari's). I had to have at least a doz on hand and between 2 Provari's was tossing them after a week to 10 days when the flavor went off. I didn't know about simple vodka soaking then either. Or they would die by 2 weeks anyway.
I heard about the spitting and this and that and thought; good thing i didn't waste my money....
Well I was wrong... for one thing vape guru MWA told me he loved the heck out of them a couple weeks ago, and that he got 5 months out of them ( i think they've only been out about that long).
I got one and wow...
Oh btw, I have an Aero (bridgeless not sure if it's a "hybrid" whatever that means, and just bought 2 more. They are 1.5 Ohms and like the HH357, don't vape like a 1.5 I've ever used. the vape is cooler than say a Cisco 1.5 LR 510 or 306... smooth, smooth, smooth is all i can say, clean taste too. I use it on my XL Vmod bottom feeder.

I use a LR 1.5 i06 on my Reo Grand, with a Gratefulvaper SS sleeve, it too is a winner. I've been stocking up on i06's for a while. They are closer to the analog experience that any other atomizer. imo. The draw is slightly stiff, like an analog, and the flavor and vapor is there too big time.

But that said, there is nothing that compares to the flavor of a HH357 in my book.... nothing. I think Hanna has made the biggest contribution to vaping since the Provari and Darwin. These are APV's .. they supply power, they don't supply taste... I say you don't really know how good your juice can taste until you try a 357.
I think they do take a bit of breaking in, or that may just be a small learning curve on these babies, but once you get it, you'll see.
I prefer the 901 357's myself, and the V2 is even better now. I have both V1 and V2 and I'm blown away by the V2.

I sold $200 worth of attys in the classifieds a couple weeks ago and bought 12 HH357's over the last 2 weeks...to stock up. I sold some rebuildable mods too. Don't need them anymore. In fact I don't really need my VV's as long as I have a LR 1.5 HH357 and a 3.7 device giving me 3.3 volts, I'm there.

As to cost, I have a LR 1.5 901 V2 ($25) on a eGo 18650 pv ($20) = $45 ... for the best vaping experience one could find today.

I could go on and on about HH357, but then this is probably too much anyway....but it's true ymmv as to how long they last; so far I'm only getting a couple weeks out of them but that is hopefully my learning curve, and I'm learning how to treat them right, vodka soak once a week, and alternating a few on different pv's at a time.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
hi six, I too wondered what Hybrid atomizer means.... i use to think they were for bottom feeding and dripping both, but now i just don't know.
Is it something about them being bridgeless?

Hybrid attys are a cross between two different formats. In the case of the i06, you get 306 atty flavor with the toughness and throat hit of a 510 atty. iKenvape took the best aspects of both formats and combined them in to one.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I could go on and on about HH357, but then this is probably too much anyway....but it's true ymmv as to how long they last; so far I'm only getting a couple weeks out of them but that is hopefully my learning curve, and I'm learning how to treat them right, vodka soak once a week, and alternating a few on different pv's at a time.

This concerns me. A couple of weeks is WAY to short for such an expensive atty. For comparison sake (since I'm more familiar with iKenvape), how long are your iKenvape attys lasting you?

adami

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
usa
The juice you use plays a large factor in atomizer life. A few mLs of COV4 would leave my atomizer coil covered in a mm thick deposit of hardened gunk that no amount of alcohol soaking would remove. Dry burning helped but not enough. The HH.357 atties may clean a little better but I doubt there's much that can be done with heavy fouling juices.

I just got an AVA but I don't use flavoring anymore so I won't be able to comment on how well it handles fouling. The coil is encased in a porous ceramic wick (no fiber) so it may handle them better (or not). It does give me an extremely neutral flavor and dry hits aren't horrible. Using a Cisco 901 I'd get off flavors that hang around, particularly after a dry hit (which could be extremely unpleasant on its own). There's nothing else like the AVA as far as I know and while it's not producing radical clouds of vapor it puts out plenty with an exceptionally neutral flavor and should last a very long time.

As I understand it "hybrid" atomizers incorporate features of multiple styles of atomizers. I think the .357 uses a 306 style cup/coil arrangement in a 510/901 housing with further tweaks from Hanna.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Throw the iKenvape i06 to your list. His attys have normal pricing and they still last forever (I've been cycling between a few since last October or November).
Yea, I have some of those and at the moment are my favorite atty. I think I was looking for something that might hold more juice and give even more flavor (if possible). I do like my i06 and would love to get more....if Ikenvape ever opens. I just want to know if hybrids are better. I have talked to Mwa and yes he HIGHLY recommends the HH .357 as he has told me MANY, MANY, times :laugh: and although he is usually right, I just wanted to see what others opinions are as well before I drop $50 on 2 atties. If I get myself one the hubby is gonna want one too. LOL

Last edited:

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I can tell you this: I turned my nose up at the HH357 when it first came out. At the time, and for almost a year, I was buying 10/paks of dse 901 SR's from Vaporking for $37, and thought you couldn't find a better vape ( I was using my Provari's). I had to have at least a doz on hand and between 2 Provari's was tossing them after a week to 10 days when the flavor went off. I didn't know about simple vodka soaking then either. Or they would die by 2 weeks anyway.
I heard about the spitting and this and that and thought; good thing i didn't waste my money....
Well I was wrong... for one thing vape guru MWA told me he loved the heck out of them a couple weeks ago, and that he got 5 months out of them ( i think they've only been out about that long).
I got one and wow...
Oh btw, I have an Aero (bridgeless not sure if it's a "hybrid" whatever that means, and just bought 2 more. They are 1.5 Ohms and like the HH357, don't vape like a 1.5 I've ever used. the vape is cooler than say a Cisco 1.5 LR 510 or 306... smooth, smooth, smooth is all i can say, clean taste too. I use it on my XL Vmod bottom feeder.

I use a LR 1.5 i06 on my Reo Grand, with a Gratefulvaper SS sleeve, it too is a winner. I've been stocking up on i06's for a while. They are closer to the analog experience that any other atomizer. imo. The draw is slightly stiff, like an analog, and the flavor and vapor is there too big time.

But that said, there is nothing that compares to the flavor of a HH357 in my book.... nothing. I think Hanna has made the biggest contribution to vaping since the Provari and Darwin. These are APV's .. they supply power, they don't supply taste... I say you don't really know how good your juice can taste until you try a 357.
I think they do take a bit of breaking in, or that may just be a small learning curve on these babies, but once you get it, you'll see.
I prefer the 901 357's myself, and the V2 is even better now. I have both V1 and V2 and I'm blown away by the V2.

I sold $200 worth of attys in the classifieds a couple weeks ago and bought 12 HH357's over the last 2 weeks...to stock up. I sold some rebuildable mods too. Don't need them anymore. In fact I don't really need my VV's as long as I have a LR 1.5 HH357 and a 3.7 device giving me 3.3 volts, I'm there.

As to cost, I have a LR 1.5 901 V2 ($25) on a eGo 18650 pv ($20) = $45 ... for the best vaping experience one could find today.

Thank you. Very helpful. I think I will break down and get the .357's. I too like the 901 so we may have something in common as far as what we like. I have probably 20 901's from Vapor Kings in my vaping gear at the moment as well as 10 i06's and 6 Ciscos. So I have tried most of the good ones out there other than th357. If it really lasts that long I guess it's worth it. Thanks for your input. :)

EDIT: What is a LR 1.5 901 V2 ($25)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
This concerns me. A couple of weeks is WAY to short for such an expensive atty. For comparison sake (since I'm more familiar with iKenvape), how long are your iKenvape attys lasting you?

Think about it... the LR HH357 is 1.5 Ohms; all you need is a GOOD eGo batt... one that you can count on; I am currently choosing to use an eGo 18650 batt (about 3.4v i guess because you can't meter eGo - pwm). That's less than $50. if the atty lasts 2 weeks you've spent what? compared to good analogs....

The HH357 might not be for everyone, price aside... but i don't think anyone could say they don't give the best flavor, and damn good vapor. There's a "way" to draw on these as Hanna describes in his vids. Shorter harder draws i think.
Some say the AVA tastes better... ymmv but between those two there's no comparison elsewhere. imo and many many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread