What I hate about a ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
A bit of my tax refund also just went to Provape. I'm not mechanical, I can't build coils, I understand only the bare basics of all the accoutrements. I ordered an SID first, got it, put in a battery, fiddled with the center post after each misfire for about 2 hours, put it back in the box and ordered a Provari. For me the warranty is a big part of it. I can't fix anything myself. I wouldn't know where to start if I needed to replace the button or the screen, or anything else and I don't want to learn. I don't want to work on my vacuum either. I bought a Dyson because I wanted one vacuum that would work forever, not 3 vacuums that would work for maybe 10 years. Is there a vacuum forum where people make fun of Dyson owners? I should join that.

I was thinking when I read the first post in this thread, surely the Provape people must be working on creating new ones that do some of the things in the list? Maybe they're just taking their time to make sure they get it 100% right the first time? Because anything less wouldn't be a Provari and that's why they're worth it.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Per tthe Thread title:

I hate when I read adjust my voltage, hit the button to vape and nothing, look at my display to fine myself still increasing the voltage. Still new with a Provari so its something I have to get used to (waiting a few seconds after adjustment).

It also dislike the fact there is no easy way to clean the top cap where the juice builds up from over filling my dripper pro. I wish the cap screwed off so I could rinse it.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I don't think I could go back after having a Provari. I do want to try a REO sometime but could never go back to a Ego or something like that.

I kind of think of it like one of the stand up's Chris Rock did (and yes, I have them all).

"Men can't go back sexually, and women can't go back in lifestyle." I don't think anyone can go back after having a GOOD Mod. That's the long and short of it for me.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
What a lovely mea culpa. :p

Beauty/Pro Rings will give you the flat top you desire...and I call foul on the 4x the price of any mod you own. Even mods that you drown in toilets are still "owned." You'll find yourself experiencing the "ProVari Effect." Instead of buying other cheap mods, you'll end up buying inexpensive ProVari accessories.

Here's the Kool-Aid...man up and drink it all. :D

Yes....but I know longer own that mod. That mod now belongs to Waste Management. At least I got an 18650 out of it.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I hate that the ProVari is over 4 times more expensive than every mod I own.
I hate that the ProVari is Variable Voltage only.
I hate that the ProVari has a 510 connector only.
I hate that the Provari has a glaring red 70's LED display
I hate that the ProVari has a clear window showing you all the circuitry on the control board
I hate that the Provari does not have a separator between the Battery tube and control board and just sits there open.
I hate that the ProVari only takes 18490 Button Top Batteries standard.
I hate that the ProVari does not have the ability to charge the battery in the device via USB.
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend 70 extra bucks for a USB passthrough module
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend extra money to get things like an extender cap or paint job or different display color
I hate that the ProVari fires the atomizer whenever you check battery charge or atomizer ohms.
I hate that the ProVari has a cryptic menu system that requires an ungodly number of button presses to make adjustments.
I hate that the ProVari does not have a removable ring on top to be able to customize the look of the device or create a flat top instead of round top.
I hate that the ProVari has garnered almost cult like status and spawned a bunch of annoying ProVari elitists that equate owning anything else to owning junk.

But the thing I HATE THE MOST ABOUT THE PROVARI IS: After you have it in your hands and use it for any length of time, you forget about everything else you hate about it.

I went to the Tampa vaping convention today and walked out with about 90ml of e-juice...

View attachment 308724

...and a satin black ProVari.:facepalm:

Watched the Vape Team broadcastfrom Tampa and won 500ml of Yaelig juice so in a way I was there with you in spirit!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
You, cyndezu, Unfettered and 34 others like this.

Surely this is some sort of a record for a "My 1st ProVari!" thread, no...?
It's not every day that a well known athiest joins the cult.

It also dislike the fact there is no easy way to clean the top cap where the juice builds up from over filling my dripper pro. I wish the cap screwed off so I could rinse it.
The cleaning material you are looking for is called a q-tip. Pull some of the cotton from the top and it will make it have a tight fit in the juice channel, rather than an impossible fit. :)

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
It's not every day that a well known athiest joins the cult.

The cleaning material you are looking for is called a q-tip. Pull some of the cotton from the top and it will make it have a tight fit in the juice channel, rather than an impossible fit. :)

Exactly. I've never bought so many qtips in all my life. Haha

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
What I think is funny is that a lot of people say the Provari is top quality.... which is true but I hold a Lavatube V2.5 and feel a bit more of a solid build... I'm not saying the Provari is bad, it does what it does great but is silly when people say they want the Provari for the build quality and warranty... and you can get a Lavatube V2.5 for a fraction of the price with a warranty AND more features. The Provari is just a name. It had its place before but time has moved on... and the Provari is stuck in the past. As it stands, there really is no reason to get the Provari over something else like the Lavatube V2.5 because it does what it does only better. Provape needs to step it up and offer an updated device.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will beat your lavatube to peices with my SVD with one hand.

While vaping my ProVari with the other.

Seriously. Lavatube.
I mean, it looks like a nice solid device. Quite a bit like a VAMO.

What I think is funny is that a lot of people say the Provari is top quality.... which is true but I hold a Lavatube V2.5 and feel a bit more of a solid build... I'm not saying the Provari is bad, it does what it does great but is silly when people say they want the Provari for the build quality and warranty... and you can get a Lavatube V2.5 for a fraction of the price with a warranty AND more features. The Provari is just a name. It had its place before but time has moved on... and the Provari is stuck in the past. As it stands, there really is no reason to get the Provari over something else like the Lavatube V2.5 because it does what it does only better. Provape needs to step it up and offer an updated device.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Lavatube v2.5 has an aluminum alloy body, same 33.3hz chip as any other cheap apv, easily damaged pot metal 510 connector.
Internally it is a vamo.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom

Agree with the sentiment that the Provari is a label, like any other fancy brand. People pay for the name and then fiercely defend their choice to spend way over the odds for a vv only device with a good but not exceptional build.

I sold mine because they simply aren't "all that".
I run almost exclusively mechs now because with a little skill & knowledge, the vape is unsurpassable.

Kept my modded VTR though, great compact combo with one of my 91s on it. Excellent vw regulation too.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I hate that the ProVari is over 4 times more expensive than every mod I own.
I hate that the ProVari is Variable Voltage only.
I hate that the ProVari has a 510 connector only.
I hate that the Provari has a glaring red 70's LED display
I hate that the ProVari has a clear window showing you all the circuitry on the control board
I hate that the Provari does not have a separator between the Battery tube and control board and just sits there open.
I hate that the ProVari only takes 18490 Button Top Batteries standard.
I hate that the ProVari does not have the ability to charge the battery in the device via USB.
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend 70 extra bucks for a USB passthrough module
I hate that the ProVari requires you to spend extra money to get things like an extender cap or paint job or different display color
I hate that the ProVari fires the atomizer whenever you check battery charge or atomizer ohms.
I hate that the ProVari has a cryptic menu system that requires an ungodly number of button presses to make adjustments.
I hate that the ProVari does not have a removable ring on top to be able to customize the look of the device or create a flat top instead of round top.
I hate that the ProVari has garnered almost cult like status and spawned a bunch of annoying ProVari elitists that equate owning anything else to owning junk.

But the thing I HATE THE MOST ABOUT THE PROVARI IS: After you have it in your hands and use it for any length of time, you forget about everything else you hate about it.

I went to the Tampa vaping convention today and walked out with about 90ml of e-juice...

View attachment 308724

...and a satin black ProVari.:facepalm:

Hey, just please don't dunk the ProVari in the toilet like you did that other PV you reviewed.

If you just have to dunk it, then please clean your toilet first this time before you take photographic evidence.

I'm still wondering why you didn't just use a large bowl of water, but whatever.

Enjoy your ProVari, I love mine.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will beat your lavatube to peices with my SVD with one hand.

While vaping my ProVari with the other.

Seriously. Lavatube.
I mean, it looks like a nice solid device. Quite a bit like a VAMO.

C'mon dude, we all know its not your SVD that you're squeezing in your other hand when you're using your Provari...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Wait....I don't want to be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will gladly let me know :D but didn't p.o say he'd never own a ProVari?

If it was you I'm not going to believe it until I see a pic of you actually vaping it. For all I know you borrowed this pic. LOL. :p

If it wasn't you that said you'd never own one I still wanna see you in the pic vaping it. Hehe

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Wait....I don't want to be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will gladly let me know :D but didn't p.o say he'd never own a ProVari?

If it was you I'm not going to believe it until I see a pic of you actually vaping it. For all I know you borrowed this pic. LOL. :p

If it wasn't you that said you'd never own one I still wanna see you in the pic vaping it. Hehe

No, I'm pretty sure he never said never and that he might eventually get one. I guess eventually just came sooner. :)

Revelene

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Kentucky, USA
So much heat! Just to be clear, I like the Provari... It is a solid device. But many people do seem to over reach with the whole warranty thing. My biggest concern with the Provari is just that it still relies on the name... Come on, you know you would like a Provari with a higher amp limit, variable wattage, and pretty much just an overall true update to the internals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread