What I want from a battery:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
I started out with the Vapor Shark kit. It included two eGo style batteries branded with their logo (VS-One). They are 900mah, 3.7V constant voltage, USB pass through, with a button that changes between three colors based on charge level. These work good, for the most part. One has a poorly threaded endcap and the button sticks on from time to time. The color change based on power level is a nice feature, which would be nicer if the middle and end colors weren't pink and red (not always easy to distinguish).

I picked up one of the eGo-T Upgrade batteries from GotVapes as a replacement. Didn't think I would use the variable voltage functionality, but I have tried it and like it. I like this battery except that there is no power level indication. Eventually it just starts blinking at me and is then dead. I am also slightly confused by the button colors since it is listed as blue for constant 3.3V, and orange for variable voltage. I am confused because on mine, the colors are white, and a slightly darker shade of white.

Here's what I am actually looking for:

My only experience is with the eGo style batteries and I really don't know the difference between one or the other. I'd love to find an option available from GotVapes, or hear about an option that might be coming soon.

Last edited:

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Egos are made by Joyetech and bought by venders to supply the demand.
You want to know want egos are available from the factory that make em there is the link.
You see something there you would like to see gotvapes carry we all ready don't, feel free to post about it.
Some venders have there logo added by joyetech and still can boast genuine Joyetech.

Adding to the ego confusion are many factories copying and labeling the ego as well. Can't possibly keep up with all of them out there but this is the best list to start with :D..

- Joyetech eVic
- Joyetech eRoll
- Joyetech eCab
- Joyetech eGo-C
- Joyetech eGo-T
- Joyetech 510-T
- Joyetech eGo
- Joyetech 510
Joyetech eGo-T 18650 mod discontinued...

Last edited:

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
WallyO - Yeah, that might be interesting. Some of the features are more than I need, and if the 650mah is $29.95, I have the fear of what the 1200 will cost.

VapingTurtle - It would seem that the SLB PowerQ 1100mah is exactly what I was looking for, and at the price point I was hoping, but I wasn't sure about the threading. The SLB eGo-V True VV (as in the answer above) seems like it's more than I want to spend, and I think I can deplete a 650mah in a typical day's use. 900mah get's me through a day. This is the same thinking I have on tank size. I won't get a tank smaller than 2 ml because I don't want to "run out" in the middle of the day... both of these personal choices of mine are stupid since I normally have two units with me at all times as well, but still, that's what I want. There was something about the PowerQ that worried me the last time I looked at it, but I can't remember what it was. Will my thread covers and ViVi tanks work on it as far as you know?

Adrena - Yeah, I checked out their site before and tried to make some sense out of it... I have a ton of detailed data that I've gathered in the last two months, but I am still confused about certain things, and threading is one of them. I believe that the eGo-C are more advanced than the eGo-T, but what do I know... As long as a battery has the features I listed above, and is reasonably priced, I'm interested. The issues for me figuring this out are, again, my lack of knowledge about what will work (or not work) with my existing tanks (since not all batteries even list this, and if they did, often terms are used interchangeably) and which are USB pass through (which is also not always listed). Then again, sometimes terms like MOD are used, and I'm once again confused if that is something that works with my fiddlybits.

I do appreciate all of the feedback.

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
Oh yeah, I do have three small Vision tanks as well as a further safety net... those use the outside threads (what I presently believe are called eGo threading. My primary tanks are ViVi Nova's which use the inside threads (what I presently believe are called 510 threading), with thread ring covers (often called size C) on the outside rings.

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
...and lastly, before I shut up and wait for responses. I noticed the eVic at Joyetech and it reminded me... I do not want a battery unit that isn't sealed (i.e. the battery can be removed). Whatever those type are, I hear horrible stories about needing special charging bags and explosions and special charging equipment and so forth. I wanna plug in a USB cable for a while, and then do my thing.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
...and lastly, before I shut up and wait for responses. I noticed the eVic at Joyetech and it reminded me... I do not want a battery unit that isn't sealed (i.e. the battery can be removed). Whatever those type are, I hear horrible stories about needing special charging bags and explosions and special charging equipment and so forth. I wanna plug in a USB cable for a while, and then do my thing.

Use what is convenient for you, but just as a thought bigger batt Mods/apvs with safety features (Short Circuit protection, Reverse battery protection, Battery Monitoring, Over-Discharge Protection On/Off Mode, Venting) and chipped batts.... Are quite safe and IMO a charging bag for such would be useless...

I own many a batt all with chips, I have a few APV (2 made by me). But I always head for my vision spinners... ;)

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
I'm sure you just said useful, informative things to me, Adrena (hehe...). If only I could translate some of the abbreviations in my head fast enough to actually keep the mental pictures and apply them to the next words, but I fail.

The battery units where you just plug them into a USB or screw them onto a charger without getting the actual batteries out of them, what would those be called? Like this one: Genuine Joyetech eGo PassThrough 1000mah 3.3v - STAINLESS [gotvapes-joyetech-ego-PT-stainls] - $21.56 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

What are the battery units which you actually take the (what look like AA) batteries out and charge them in a special battery charger called? I think I've heard MOD or BOX used to describe those. ...looked for a link to one somewhere, but I am full of fail.

Please "newb" me a bit and explain what you personally mean when you use the terms Mod and APV. Also, chipped batteries? I know I've seen places selling little shim things to go between the battery and the tank, but I think all of my batteries have whatever protection that would offer already. Understand that my goal is both to gather real fact based data, as well as find a product that meets my desires. The batteries that came with my initial kit are good... but for what they are, ordering them from "the place I bought the kit" is just more expensive than I think it should be. I like that eGo-T Upgrade I bought from GotVapes, but the lack of power level indication is sorta a negative for me. I am also shocked that more people aren't demanding USB pass through... it is the most convenient and versatile charging option (in my limited and singly focused opinion).

Oh, thanks for clearing up my threading views. I want batteries that have 510/eGo threading.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
I'm sure you just said useful, informative things to me, Adrena (hehe...). If only I could translate some of the abbreviations in my head fast enough to actually keep the mental pictures and apply them to the next words, but I fail.

The battery units where you just plug them into a USB or screw them onto a charger without getting the actual batteries out of them, what would those be called? Like this one: Genuine Joyetech eGo PassThrough 1000mah 3.3v - STAINLESS [gotvapes-joyetech-ego-PT-stainls] - $21.56 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

What are the battery units which you actually take the (what look like AA) batteries out and charge them in a special battery charger called? I think I've heard MOD or BOX used to describe those. ...looked for a link to one somewhere, but I am full of fail.

Please "newb" me a bit and explain what you personally mean when you use the terms Mod and APV. Also, chipped batteries? I know I've seen places selling little shim things to go between the battery and the tank, but I think all of my batteries have whatever protection that would offer already. Understand that my goal is both to gather real fact based data, as well as find a product that meets my desires. The batteries that came with my initial kit are good... but for what they are, ordering them from "the place I bought the kit" is just more expensive than I think it should be. I like that eGo-T Upgrade I bought from GotVapes, but the lack of power level indication is sorta a negative for me. I am also shocked that more people aren't demanding USB pass through... it is the most convenient and versatile charging option (in my limited and singly focused opinion).

Oh, thanks for clearing up my threading views. I want batteries that have 510/eGo threading.

ECF has a big helper on most abbreviation hover over them with your pointer when you see them under lined and the translation pops up for you :D.

Not sure if there is a said name for the way you describe charging. USB and wall wort or just e cig would be good Google terms I guess.

The AA batts are 14500's mine say 900amh the the higher this # is the longer your batts life.
chargers are chargers as far as I know, but you can get a charger with sliding parts (either the negative or the positive can stretch away) allowing different sizes of batts to use the one charger.

Mod and APV. Highly debated just what falls under which. The way I see it..... mods are at home jobs like my vapor box below in my sigg at the end of each post. APV's are mass produced, also called big battery mods (like the eVic). Most box mods are made of wood but not all and just relate to the shape. Not all box mods use the 14500 sized batts. Not to over load you but some box mods are bottom feeders. Where one houses the juice inside the mod to feed a drip to to an atty with a squeeze (one tasty vape).
I have seen 18650 (again #s relate to size of the batt) box mods....

Most venders (but not all) most definitely ones of ECF will only sell you chipped batts (I do believe). It's protection nothing like your normal AA. IF a batt gets too hot it kills the batt. You can see the chip in the crimping of the labels at one end of the batt. The lil chip you see sold separately is a kick a whole other beast I will not get into here ...

Not everyone wants a pass through, ;) all about what people like ...
You like em, good you're not on the stinky sticks so all good. Many product to fit many needs and all...

At this point have you thought about VV sounds to me like you need a bump.
3.3V not holding you out? You may like 3.7 more of even higher. The twist and the spinner will do this for you and are ego types. You have the ego T head but this only lets you bump up the V in 3 or 4 steps. True VV allows you to do 3.3 to 3.4 to 3.5 so on and so on. In many little steps. Some units all the way to 6.0 :shock:

HOPE I got to everything :lol:

Last edited:

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
Yeah the eGo-T isn't a true "select" variable voltage, it's an unregulated variable voltage... That being said, because now I am learning more about the atomizers as well, I am certain that I want to stay in the 3.7V range for my batteries (and that I should not bother with atomizers higher than 1.8ohm for my taste desires). The next time I order I will likely give the SLB PowerQ 1100mah eGo Pass Through a try on my next order. I wish I could tell more about it's "variable voltage". Based on the description, I'm assuming it is an unregulated VV like the eGo-T. It would be super awesome if it could be set, but I can't tell if that's a dial at the bottom or not.

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
In the end, I have found the style of batteries and tanks that I like, I believe my choice on the PG/VG ratio is between 75/25 and 50/50, so now all I have to do is find the exact parts in these styles that will make me feel like a dragon every hit. The pain in the ... has been finding a place that has good ejuice, the tanks I like, atomizers for those tanks, and batteries with the features I want all on one site and at a good price. So far, GotVapes is winning that race. Once I find "the" battery for me, I'll start looking at other 510 tank systems that are around 3ml capacity and see who wins.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Yeah the eGo-T isn't a true "select" variable voltage, it's an unregulated variable voltage... That being said, because now I am learning more about the atomizers as well, I am certain that I want to stay in the 3.7V range for my batteries (and that I should not bother with atomizers higher than 1.8ohm for my taste desires). The next time I order I will likely give the SLB PowerQ 1100mah eGo Pass Through a try on my next order. I wish I could tell more about it's "variable voltage". Based on the description, I'm assuming it is an unregulated VV like the eGo-T. It would be super awesome if it could be set, but I can't tell if that's a dial at the bottom or not.

That is a dial yes. I do believe the spinner is regulated for a constant level of vape..
don't know about the twist.

Glad you have sorted out some of your preferences today :D...
finding one's "sweet spot" can be so satisfying.

In the end, I have found the style of batteries and tanks that I like, I believe my choice on the PG/VG ratio is between 75/25 and 50/50, so now all I have to do is find the exact parts in these styles that will make me feel like a dragon every hit. The pain in the ... has been finding a place that has good ejuice, the tanks I like, atomizers for those tanks, and batteries with the features I want all on one site and at a good price. So far, GotVapes is winning that race. Once I find "the" battery for me, I'll start looking at other 510 tank systems that are around 3ml capacity and see who wins.

Another thought here..... I cried (A happy cry) when I paired a spitfire with a spinner.... Just saying :2c:

Last edited:

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
I really couldn't find what I was looking for on Joyetech's website so I'll just add this to my GotVapes wishlist:

USB pass through
3.7V constant, or VV including 3.7V in it's range
eGo/510 threading
900mah or higher
Power level indication in some fashion
Safety features
Reasonable price (so extra features which raise the price are unwanted)

Rev Narwhal

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
I now have the SLB PowerQ 1100mah eGo Pass Through, and am sorry to report that it is an unregulated voltage battery (power changes with charge remaining). It is not a selectable voltage.

That being said, it's a good battery so far. I like that the button indicates the charge remaining and does so with three divergent colors (another battery I have shows charge by color but the colors are green, pink, and red).

This will likely be the battery I purchase again, unless I find a selectable that has 3.7V in it's range, or a constant 3.7V with the features I want. It meets all of my requirements from two post ago except "3.7V constant, or VV including 3.7V in it's range".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread