What if every American quit smoking at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
Many pharmaceutical and OTC drugs could be avoided with simple diet and lifestyle changes, and the economical impact on the industry would be devastating. If people were decent and honest, there would be no crime and no need for police departments. If people were not brutal there would be no need for war and military profiteers. All of this seems connected to personal responsibility, but only improves at the donkey slow rate of human evolution. Fascinating subject.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I read the article nice read...but in reality if everyone just quit smoking all at once... TIC mass murder, chaos, looting, divorce,human consumption... imagine more than a million nicotine craved people just in the US alone... good thing we vape :) Im being silly people got to have a sence of humor...

Daytony

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Iowa
After quitting a 30 year smoking habit with ease because of vaping ... IMO, eventually everyone will quit smoking ... however, by the time that happens ... BT will of already hijacked the vape industry.

Taxes will carry on :blink:

Yup, you think vaping is expensive now you better hold on to your short's. It's gonna happen people.

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
Yup, you think vaping is expensive now you better hold on to your short's. It's gonna happen people.

No joy in that statement. Rats, I was ready for some cake. Unfortunately, I think you are 99% correct.

I wonder how much of the "cigarette tax for health" monies actually went into "health". I wrote my Congresswoman and asked that very question. Her reply was "... nearly impossible to determine, with the complexity of the system ... blah, blah, blah". Way back when, I remember voting to establish the Lottery in NY State. It was promised that it was going to fund education. Where are all the schools and smart kids running around? Impossible to determine.

But, we can still dream of the day BT goes the way of the dodo ... and cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread