What in the heck happened to 18350 batteries?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I remember stocking up for the event of "can no longer buy" days and thought batteries would not be a worry, but dang now i cant find anything for my Provari minis! I used only AW but they are all gone so now what? I am nervous to buy Efeast and ive never heard of most that i can find. I found Nitecore batteries are they safe?
Loads on amazon but not names i know are safe,so please any links or info on safe brands that 18350 or 18490?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What happened? Iirc the factory was destroyed.

Modern world trade infrastructure is very fragile now. Things are often complicated to make or at least complicated to make most cheaply and there are frequently only a few and sometimes as little as one factory making a critical component.
This is a recurring problem with with all kinds of things. For a while you could get a great 100% latex foam mattress but the single latex foam factory burned down and poof they were unavailable for a few years. In the interim artificial latex mattresses cropped up which don’t last nearly as long, and by the time they got back online again there were partially artificial latex mattresses that could have the word natural latex on them but weren’t any more durable than the full on fake ones and now a real 100% natural latex mattress is almost ungettable.

This is why climate change is finally starting to scare business.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
Reactions: stols001

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
They have efeast but out of stock and keep power,have you ever used either of these? aaand thank you at least they have some!

I haven’t used either of those brands, but I have always trusted illumn for batteries.

IMR, also trusted in the industry carry these

IMREN 18350 800mAh Battery - Button Top

As well as Liion carry these

IMREN 18350 800mAh Button Top Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

I tend to stick with trusted retailers.

I hope that helps. I just am wary of eBay and other suppliers of batteries.

Edited to remove the Vapecell Purple batteries

Last edited:

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I haven’t used either of those brands, but I have always trusted illumn for batteries.

IMR, also trusted in the industry carry these

IMREN 18350 800mAh Battery - Button Top

As well as Liion carry these

IMREN 18350 800mAh Button Top Battery - Genuine - Wholesale Discount

Vapcell 18350 9A Flat Top 1100mAh Battery - Genuine

I tend to stick with trusted retailers.

I hope that helps. I just am wary of eBay and other suppliers of batteries.
I used to get then from rtd and trust them but at this point its just been hard to find them at all. Never have considered Ebay or Amazon before. Thanks!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They have efeast but out of stock and keep power,have you ever used either of these? aaand thank you at least they have some!
Efest is just a rewrapper. They don’t actually make batteries. They rebrand and resell them.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I used to get then from rtd and trust them but at this point its just been hard to find them at all. Never have considered Ebay or Amazon before. Thanks!
eBay and Amazon are last resort options for ecig stuff. Ecig stuff is officially banned there so anyone selling it is officially fly-by-night right out of the gate. Batteries are multi use things so there is a bit more safety, but the places are still a Shanzhai dumping ground. Assume everything is probably fake, and you may wind up buying a battery case filled with sand.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
eBay and Amazon are last resort options for ecig stuff. Ecig stuff is officially banned there so anyone selling it is officially fly-by-night right out of the gate. Batteries are multi use things so there is a bit more safety, but the places are still a Shanzhai dumping ground. Assume everything is probably fake, and you may wind up buying a battery case filled with sand.

A battery case full of sand is probably one of the safer things you could wind up with.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If the only 18350 batteries still available are rewraps, you have to wonder if someone is still actually making them but not selling under their own name for some reason, or are these all refurbished/reconditioned used/old batteries. I hate to say it, but you may need to consider abandoning the mini's and look for something that uses a battery that is still being manufactured.

Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread