• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What in the world happened to JC Black Cherry juice!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi, everyone.

Glad to see this discussion started

JC was the first juice I tried when I started vaping last September. I was more than happy with the 'welcome to e-smoking' kit I bought back then. [I still use the small amber dropper bottles, mini funnel, and those GREAT tweezers.]

Since then, I've continued to order most of my flavored juice from JC and, for the most part, I've been a happy customer. I love the Tennessee Cured, Original JC, Vanilla, Espresso, and Black Cherry flavors. I've ordered all of them in larger sizes without a hitch.

The last batch I received, however, made me wonder--- what in blazes is going on up there in Wisconsin?

I ordered two large 1 oz bottles of Black Cherry (one PG and another RPG). The only difference is that this time, I ordered the largest size and chose 24 mg instead of the 18 mg strength.

From the moment I uncapped the first bottle, I knew it wasn't the same juice. The Black Cherry is a favorite because it's sweet without being too sweet. There is a nutty (for lack of a better word) balance to the cherry flavoring that makes for a distinctively dark and rich fruit taste. It does not taste artificial. But these bottles (I tried both) smelled and tasted almost like--well, like cherry cough syrup. Truly Awful.8-o I gave some to a friend who also loves the Black Cherry and she agreed that it was way too strong and medicinal tasting. It's taking me a while to get through both bottles. I don't want to waste the juice so I'm making do by doctoring it with unflavored nic juice, other flavorings, and either PG or Aqueous glycerin.

Anyone else have a similar experience with this or other flavors? Do the flavors tend to change THAT radically when you up the nicotine content? Did I just run into a bad batch or have they changed the recipe again?

Last edited:
I don't think it's the Nicotine content affecting it except that its a different batch then the 18mg. But that would be true of ordering 18mg then ordering it again 2 months later.

I know peach has changed 4 times since I first got it, and I loved the first 3 changes. Greasiness was going down radically, and TH, vapor, and flavor was going up.

I'm sure that like almost all the other manufacturers, they are working with a 99% pure nicotine base for their juice, so this should not affect flavor at all by dialing up the mg. If they were working with a premixed nicotine, like unflavored 36mg/ml then I could see the flavor recipe having to be changed drastically to achieve different nic levels.

I think we should poll fans of JC on their new flavor, and choice to move to PG free and PG only. I really like this company, from their website to their fast shipping, and unique darkish flavors; but I also cant spend 20 / 30ml and just hope that the recipe hasn't changed to something I don't like.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think we should poll fans of JC on their new flavor, and choice to move to PG free and PG only. I really like this company, from their website to their fast shipping, and unique darkish flavors; but I also cant spend 20 / 30ml and just hope that the recipe hasn't changed to something I don't like.

Thanks for your response. Good to know that a different flavor (peach) seems to shift-- from order to order-- for you as well. I'm also a big fan of JC (product and service) and would like to continue to support them. But I'm beginning to think it's not such a great idea to order a large quantity of the same flavor. If that particular batch has changed in a way I don't like, then I'm stuck with a lot of juice that has to 'fixed.'

I think polling is a great idea.

bjc

Jan 29, 2010
New Jersey
I never used JC before, so I can't speak to the quality of the juice in previous incarnations. However, I find the Black Cherry to be exceedingly sweet, not at all like a black cherry. It's more akin to vaping a cherry Jolly Rancher. The peach is very sticky and starts with a heavy sweet element, but I find myself craving it shortly after exhale, which seems to cut the sweetness down and dry out the flavor a bit.

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
I started using JC over a year ago. Got 'hooked' on their Tennessee Cured VG juice and then they quit making all VG sometime around July of last year. Since I can only use VG I was left in the world of hit and miss ejuice. I am sooooo happy to see them bring back a VG juice!
JC has the most amazing customer service I have ever seen! Just contact them and let them know your concerns! They have a great return policy, so you aren't 'stuck' with stuff you will never use. Just talk to them.
Wow, I'm sorry I sound like a commercial here, but they have just been a really great supplier for me. And they are in Wisconsin!!

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
I also like JC and Black Cherry is my favorite with the Peach running a close second. My first three orders were great, but the last order came in and the juice was a lot thicker than usual. The taste was close to the same in the high mg range, but the thicker liquid blocked up the 510 attys super quick, so I mixed in some unflavored VG but that made it even thicker. So got some PG and mixed it in to thin it down and now I am happy with it.

NOTE: Before thinning the atty would clog somewhat and then I would get a burnt taste that wasn't too pleasant.

I just tried the Black Cherry, and love the flavor, but I mixed it 50/50 with their Domestic, and now I'm hooked. Agree the B.C is a little candyish on it's own. I didn't find it too thick, and actually no thicker than the Domestic.
Their Dark Chocolate, on the other hand won't work long in my KR808D-1 very long before clogging the carto up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread