Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sounds like other States had better Get In line Quick if they want their piece of the Pie.

Juul Will Pay North Carolina $40 Million To Settle A Landmark Suit Over Teen Vaping

Oh wait... Some Already have.

Attorney General Becerra and Los Angeles Leaders Announce Lawsuit Against JUUL for Deceptive Marketing Practices Targeting Underage Californians and Endangering Users of Its Vaping Products

And the AG who brought this Suit against juul is Now the Secretary of US Health and Human Services. Which oversees the FDA. That same FDA that is Evaluating juul's PMTA Application.

When it Rains it Pours.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They "settled". It's a drop in the bucket compared to their dreams of cornering the market as their political compatriots kill the competition for them.

They own the golden goose. They'll happily "settle".

But that Dream of Dominance is ALL Based on them being allowed to Sell their Products in the USA. And they Don't Control that Destiny.

Remember: The FSTCA and the FDA's PMTA Process was Never Designed to Allow tobacco Products to enter the Market. It was Design to Keep New Tobacco Products out of the Market.

As if having a "Teen Vaping Epidemic" named after you wasn't enough? And the Agency who controls the FDA is run by someone who wants your Head on a Pike. Now you've got a Big-Time Legal Judgement Against you.

Sounds to me like that Goose Ain't so Well. And is about an 1/8th of a Step away from being put on Life Support.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Down Yonder

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I think Tobacco Control and the state AGs are hoping for another "Master Settlement Agreement".

If AG's (and Interested Parties) felt that JUUL was going to be around Moving Forward, than something like a MSA might be on their plates.

But I think most feel that JUUL is on the Green Mile. So they should be Getting while there is Something left to Get.

After all the Hype and Misfortune that has surrounded JUUL from about Day 1, I just can't see Zeller standing up a Podium say'n that he is Pleased to Announce that JUUL is going to be one of the Select Few who will be Allowed to sell e-Cigarettes in America.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The last bit in that article speaks volumes.

Tong said the investigation would determine whether Juul has "done enough" to mitigate the damage, which he said has already "been done."

"They dominate 80 to 90% of this marketplace, and we have a youth vaping epidemic that is sweeping the country," he said. "We need to understand the extent to which they are responsible.

"We're gonna hold them accountable."

To me, it looks like the gooberment fat lady is nearing the stage.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    E-Cigarette & Juul Lawsuits | Seizures, Lung Injury and Stroke

Status of Juul Lawsuits

As of July 22, 2020, there were 758 Juul lawsuits from around the United States combined in multidistrict litigation (MDL), MDL-2913.

Many lawsuits claim Juul’s marketing targets minors, and the company denies this.
    I didn't read everything on that page, but man, there sure is a lot there.

Including info on how to file an e-cig or Juul lawsuit.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The last bit in that article speaks volumes.

Tong said the investigation would determine whether Juul has "done enough" to mitigate the damage, which he said has already "been done."

"They dominate 80 to 90% of this marketplace, and we have a youth vaping epidemic that is sweeping the country," he said. "We need to understand the extent to which they are responsible.

"We're gonna hold them accountable."

To me, it looks like the gooberment fat lady is nearing the stage.

Yeah... It Don't look good for JUUL/Altria. Kinda getting Whacked from ALL Sides.

Altria-Juul Deal Goes to Trial

BTW - I think you got a Little Crazy on that Power of 10 in your Answer Post.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I didn't read everything on that page, but man, there sure is a lot there.

Including info on how to file an e-cig or Juul lawsuit.

That is just an Bottom Feeding Ambulance Chasing Site. But the Number of Ambulances that are being Chased is kinda Eye Popping.

Think of All the Lawyers getting Rick over all this? Kinda the Holy Grail they talk about in Law School.

LOL

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Last year in the Shiny thread I mentioned that it's only a matter of time before this firm anti vaping stance starts happening in their countries. Specifically in Europe and a couple Australasia countries who at the time were understood to be vaping friendly. Those countries are starting to change their tune. Even China is talking about probable regulations coming down the road.

Free ranging vaper's are toast.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Never used one, so what do I care.

The Big Reason is because it sets a Legal Precedent. Which other Litigants can use in Lawsuits against other e-Cigarette OEM's.

precedent.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread