What is a bridgeless atomizer, and is it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If you look down in the atty there's mesh that covers the atty coil. Bridgeless just means that mesh has been removed so the liquid falls directly on to the coil when dripping.

I've tried both and prefer leaving the bridge in. I couldn't detect any difference in flavor or performance and the bridge helps hold a little extra juice so I don't have to drip quite as often.

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
OK, so if i was to begin dripping which would be the better choice

For your first question. A bridge is a piece of aluminum with mesh. That forms an upside-down V that is on top of the coil/wick of the atomizer.

Once, that is removed is when it is called "bridgeless" since the coil is now exposed. Some experience better flavor, vapor, and TH when dripping with this type of atomizer.

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
For some reason I have not mastered how to make an atty with a bridge work well, I like bridgeless splashguard attys with a drip tip that has a wide hole, I have been able to make these work great for me, and flavor and vapor production with a LR one on a 3.7 mod has been great. I like them from kalamazoo vapor shop or hotvapes. I just find them very easy to use and they work great...

Atomizers/Cartomizers

LR 510 Bridgeless Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread