The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

what is a Dry Hit ?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Joie, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Joie

Joie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Illinois
    what is a dry hit.....I am sure as a newbie....I must have experienced it...but just need a clarification I guess.:confused:

2. trepalium

trepalium I'm a Panda Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    A dry hit is when you puff on a carto or atty that is dry (I.e. there's no juice to vape). You get a burnt taste. Very unpleasant.

3. rolandpibb

rolandpibb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    British Columbia
    So, so unpleasant.

4. Joie

Joie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Illinois
    no vape at all huh....haven't hit that yet......guess I am lucky so far.

5. dogbertusceasar

dogbertusceasar Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Keep your atty wet, and you will hopefully never have to suffer the taste oh-so-reminiscent of lighting the wrong end of an analog.

However, when I first started vaping, I burned my first cartridge dry a couple of times, but due to the condition of my olfactory senses, I didn't notice the lingering burnt smell until I switched to a new one weeks later! When I tried to go back to the original, then I noticed the taste and the darkened color of the polyfill.

Unless you have a clear tank system, this will be a "learn as you go" experience.

Good luck and happy vaping!

6. blkhwk07

blkhwk07 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Ohio,in the sticks!
    Once you taste it, you'll never forget!

7. oshiet

oshiet Full Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Toronto
    It's like licking a dirty ashtray... not that I've tried it before, but you'll end up making the same disgusted face! :(

8. eLguSo

eLguSo Full Member Verified Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Argentina
    It's like when you puff on an analog's butt only to discover it's too late and there's no more "stuff" left; very unpleasant, indeed, as stated.

9. Forkeh

Forkeh Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2012
    California
    Oh you'll get vape with most dry hits, because there's enough juice to cause a vape, but not enough juice to prevent burning. Very unpleasant, tastes bad, burns the throat. Keep your equipment good and wet ;)

10. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    A dry hit will make your eyes water and cough. It tastes like burnt metal or in case of a carto, burnt filler material.

11. jobski

jobski Full Member Verified Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Something like this..

12. eLguSo

eLguSo Full Member Verified Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Argentina
    But then again, every now and then a good-old dry hit may be a good thing, at least to remind us how great non dry hits are, haaa...

Nooot, not really; just kidding!

13. EGH621

EGH621 Full Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Cebu City
    its like having a lit lighter in your nose

14. theywillnotsing

theywillnotsing Full Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Dallas
    I am so worried about burning out attys. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm just jumping in head first haha. But that's what this forum is for, I guess.

15. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    It will happen sooner or later and when it does you WILL instantly know just what it is LOL and you will NEVER forget it. LOL It's so nasty. I got it once on my bottom feeder mod and after that I kept it flooded the next few days cause I was so afraid it would happen again. It kinda feels like this guy looks:shock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.