• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is/are your reason(s) for the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlebandaide

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Ashland, Kentucky
www.myspace.com
l_7069c88f264044248c71563404edc3bc.jpg

l_060fb4f9b9344e2ca22bdebdea0849a2.jpg

This is my reason to quit analogs; my fiance, Chris. We became engaged on May 9th and we are getting married on May 15, 2010. He is a non-smoker but does not complain or ask me to quit, but we will be living together after we're married (obviously) and I don't want our house to smell like a big rotten ashtray. I want to spend as long as I can on this earth with him as well and I know I'm killing myself quicker with analogs by the day.

What's your reason to switch from analogs to PVs?

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
First, congrats on your engagement.

I switched because of the high cost of cigs - initially. Once I got started, I liked the idea of a house and car not smelling like smoke. Also liked being able to take just a couple of drags and being satisfied (hence, not wasting a full cig). Now...I just think it is sooooo damn cool.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
I switched for My husband. I had promised him when we got engaged I would quit by our wedding day. Well at the time I couldn't afford an e-cig cause I had to help pay for my wedding so I used the patch since that was covered under my FSA with work. Well I missed the actual act of smoking and new I would probably go back to it if I didn't have something to allow me to do that so when I got some extra money, I bought me my first PV! and I LOVE it! I don't hardly miss analogs at all anymore. EVERY once in a while I will say it would be nice to have one, then I think about how nasty they would probably taste now and get over that quickly. LOL

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
Congrats Beatle.......you guys look great together and nice rock!

My reasons for the switch are very different from most. I didn't want to quit. I loved to smoke. Tried the e-cig to "smoke/vape" in no smoking areas and much to my surprise, liked it better after about a month. Sooooooo......into my 3rd month and I'll never go back. Haven't saved any $$ yet because you have to have all the toys and flavors, etc., but expect to break even this month unless another 901 color is introduced. I'm BAD!!!!!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I am like Hil, I didn't want to quit! But I knew I had to. Mom smoked for 70 years, she can't breathe and had part of a lung removed. My husband who has smoked since he was 12 has heart trouble and COPD. I need to stay around for my grandkids..it's what they said.
Thankfully, I discovered I like it! I am now 3 1/2 months smoke free and loving it. The hand to mouth satisfys my craving and the low nic keeps me from caving in as Mike still smokes (he vapes but not full time). I am looking forward to the day I can go 0 nic all the time!:rolleyes:

I love your pictures..sparkly! And the pic of you and your Fiance is wonderful! :)
I am not only a chocoholic I am a pic-oholic!

deliza

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
St Louis Metro
I'm another who didn't want to quit...... I wanted cigs to be cheap, socially acceptable, and full of vitamin C, but I definately loved smoking. I made the switch because smoking was starting to be a problem (ie, getting dirty looks at work for smelling like smoke, not being able to find smoking rooms in hotels, cruise lines restricting smoking, etc), and because the taxes just kill me on a philosophical level. I will say though, even though it is cheaper, technically, to vape, I'll never break even if I don't quit buying more stuff :)

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Well, the last tax hike did it for me. I couldn't justify wasting $6.00 a day on cigarettes and because it made me mad that smokers are treated like lepers these days. I noticed how bad a few of my coworkers smelled after coming in for a cigarette break and just couldn't take anymore. But I didn't want to quit smoking. Go figure!
I found the answer to my prayers as I am a Christian and felt that smoking tobacco is not something that is in my best interest, health wise.
I guess I had a lot of reasons to quit but had not taken the time to think about all of them. Thanks for this thread.

haven't officially quit yet, but my first PV should be here Monday/Tuesday! My biggest reason for making the switch is my 11yo daughter. She's been vocalizing her displeasure with my smoking almost since she could talk, and has especially stayed on my back about it since her pawpaw was diagnosed with emphysema last year (he's smoked 2+ packs a day for over 50 years).

I gave the analogs up cold turkey once, but during a moment of particular stress/weakness... Picked 'em right back up and went right back to 1-1 1/2 packs a day after 6 months without. I tried the patch & gum both shortly after that, but neither of those fulfill the physical comfort I get from holding that little stick between my fingers.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to the financial savings and sticking it to the tax man. Maybe I'll replace the living room furniture when I hit the one year mark! Heaven knows the cigarette stench will linger in it for a long time to come & that will drive me nuts once my sense of smell returns full force. 8-o

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Beatle, the pictures say it all! Congratulations!
I quit (totally on purpose!!!:D) because I couldn't breath, could barely work, concetrate, or sleep. Coughing all the time. Bronchitis, allergies, asthma, dark circles, broken and clogged capillaries in a swollen face, infected sinuses, general feeling of doom and depression, everything was work to accomplish, I just wanted to go sit down and have another cigarette! Double pneumonia 4 times in the last 8 years, was scared to death of a flu or cold bug. I'm 62 years old, and looked 80. Wrinkled, damaged skin, yellow fingers, stinky from head to foot, my house smelled bad. Our clothes smelled bad. Look below, this is from day 1, March 9th, 2009. Smoked my very last cigarette from a 2-3 pack a day habit, overall 44 years of smoking that very day. My husband quit 3 days later when I told him I had spent $80 on an e-cig. He took one puff, and said Yuk! but he also stopped smoking cigarettes. He still has his chew, is happy with that. And very happy with my decision. Oh, and quitting? It was almost ridiculously easy. Who knew! I also just did a 25% reduction of nicotine a couple weeks ago. Again, ridiculously easy.
You go girl, you have a very good life ahead! Good luck and Good Health!

Last edited:

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Of course, I'm also looking forward to the financial savings and sticking it to the tax man. Maybe I'll replace the living room furniture when I hit the one year mark! Heaven knows the cigarette stench will linger in it for a long time to come & that will drive me nuts once my sense of smell returns full force. 8-o

mee toooo....so sick and tired of stinky overpriced poop sticks 8-o everytime i light up (which is quite often, i smoke almost 2 packs a day sometimes) i hate everything about them, the smell, the taste, everything! oh yeah, and now i have started wheezing...perfect!

my neighbor let me try hers and i just bought mine, should be here mon. or tues. and i cannot wait, couldnt be more excited to make the change!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Tiffy! Welcome to the Women's Room! I am sure happy that you are getting your P.V. soon! The wait is the hardest..no, the wait for it to charge is the hardest part! You are going to love it! Post whereever you like in here. You will have to join though, or the board will tell you that you aren't allowed to post in a while. Just click on the link under my name.
Scribe, you may have to do the same.:rolleyes:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Lucky you! I had to wait 8 hours. It was well worth it though. I just love the idea that I am now a NON SMOKER! I get to sit with the regular folks and nobody wrinkles noses at me ( unless they know me).
Who knew my fabric softner smelled good? I am using less perfume and my teeth are nicer..now I have to lose the coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread