What Is Best Side Button Mechanical Mod To Purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I am thinking of purchasing a new mod and could use some help with finding what I want.

-Side Button
-button needs to be located at top of mod
-magnetic switch
-use 18650 battery
-fixed tube lengths, not telescopic
-brass or brass/stainless steel combo
-low voltage drop
-in stock, available for purchase now (if possible)
-original or clone will be considered
-repair parts available if needed

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Only one I can think of that fits all criteria listed is Poldiac (or it's clone). There are other top button mechs, but not with mag switches in brass AFAIK. Maybe someone else will come along and turn us both onto a new mod!

What got me interested in this type of mod is I got one of the Poldiac clones last week. While it has a few flaws for sure, I sure do enjoy using it. The list of "wants" in a mod I posted was based on this clone and you named it for sure. You must really know your mods.
We will see if anything else shows up, it not I may have to just spend $250 or so to get a real Poldiac.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
For fixed tubes you only have two choices...

The Poldiac Poldiac | mmvapors.com approx. $205+
The Dingo Dingo Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop
You need to purchase 2 of the extension tubes to make it 18650... approx. $140+

If you could get past the fixed tubes there are these...

The Roller http://www.atmizoo.com/shop/roller/?lang=en approx. $150+
The 69 By Atmomixani : 69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2 approx. $190+

Early reviews of the Poldiac clones are far from favorable right now... Would be wise to stay clear of them...

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
For fixed tubes you only have two choices...

The Poldiac Poldiac | mmvapors.com approx. $205+
The Dingo Dingo Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop
You need to purchase 2 of the extension tubes to make it 18650... approx. $140+

If you could get past the fixed tubes there are these...

The Roller Roller Mechanical Tube Mod | atmizoo vaping modware | shop approx. $150+
The 69 By Atmomixani : 69 SS Telescopic mod Eric's Edition V2 approx. $190+

Early reviews of the Poldiac clones are far from favorable right now... Would be wise to stay clear of them...

Thanks Muzichead,
The Dingo and the Roller look very much like mods I would enjoy. How do you think they compare to the real Poldiac as far as performance and reliability? The switch assys look somewhat similar to the one of the Poldiac, just have a few more parts. I think the Poldiac looks somewhat better than the Dingo or the Roller, but I think how a mod works is more important than looks alone. In this case of selecting a mod I believe it should be function over form.
There is a lot of technical info and operational/repair guides on Atmizoo website. Being a technical qeek that by it's self appeals to me.

Thanks again.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    You also have the Dominus Fecit.

Its not telescopic, but not fully fixed tubes.. in the sense that you dont have a seperate single tube for 18350, 490 and 650. What you have, is extension pieces.

Im thinking about getting one myself, I never really was interested in side button mechs, but, know I kinda want one, and Im tiring of waiting for a 69mod to come into stock.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    You also have the Dominus Fecit.

Its not telescopic, but not fully fixed tubes.. in the sense that you dont have a seperate single tube for 18350, 490 and 650. What you have, is extension pieces.

Im thinking about getting one myself, I never really was interested in side button mechs, but, know I kinda want one, and Im tiring of waiting for a 69mod to come into stock.

They have the brass and Eric's edition V2 in stock right now...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Thanks Muzichead,
    The Dingo and the Roller look very much like mods I would enjoy. How do you think they compare to the real Poldiac as far as performance and reliability? The switch assys look somewhat similar to the one of the Poldiac, just have a few more parts. I think the Poldiac looks somewhat better than the Dingo or the Roller, but I think how a mod works is more important than looks alone. In this case of selecting a mod I believe it should be function over form.
    There is a lot of technical info and operational/repair guides on Atmizoo website. Being a technical qeek that by it's self appeals to me.

Thanks again.

Most of the people i've seen purchase them, do so with all rhodium contacts in them. I have been holding off for a while now on getting one, but will drop the ball in the near future. I really like the form factor of them. As a comparison to the Poldiac, with the rhodium upgrade's, I don't think there's a comparison... I haven't read a single negative item on any of Atmizoo's devices...

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    I would vote for Atmizoo too, just for the feel of that button that everyone is saying that is super smooth. Talking about nice buttons, there is also Point/My Point from Vio3d with a touch button as far as I remember voltage drop is not a problem. If you have an account in VaporWall here is the link www.vaporwall.com • Login

smelly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Central, FL USA
    I have a Dingo and a few Poldiacs. In short - get the Poldiac.

I like the Dingo quite a bit... When it works... The design of the 510 connection and top cap are very poor IMO. The connection is made via an extremely small fidly screw and the spacer insert thing on the top cap is... Well... Just plain weird and borderline pointless. I have 5 different genesis tanks and a couple dripper's and none of them fit on the Dingo in a satisfactory way. This is all just my opinion of course. Don't get me wrong, it's a sweet device and when it's working it feels great (fit, finish, form factor, etc.). But for the money... Nah. Go with the best - Metal Madness Poldiac. (Just say no to clones!)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Napa, California
    Old thread, but I've tried the DaVapes Poldiac clone and the Fasttech 69 clone.

The 69 is like a roller clone that allows switch to be on top or bottom.

After changing the switch pin to copper and putting an o-ring in the 510, the Poldiac clone works ok.

I liked the 69 clone better from the start. Cleaned everything with alcohol, coated threads and contacts with No Ox Id and it has worked perfectly for me. Only drawback for me is its telescoping design. The construction and finish are comparable with my Hcigar Nemesis clone and the switch fires easily - and every time. :)

Last edited:

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
    Thanks Muzichead,
    The Dingo and the Roller look very much like mods I would enjoy. How do you think they compare to the real Poldiac as far as performance and reliability?

Thanks again.

They are GREAT MODs. I have a Roller and the button is brilliant. The performance is top notch and the reliability too. It's a fantastic MOD.

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    The only thing I'd caution about, if choosing between the Poldiac and the Roller: The switch maintenance is a little trickier on the Roller. There are a couple tiny parts that can easily fly away. The Poldiac switch comes apart and re assembles a little easier. Either way, a little practice, and it's not bad. Both are great side fires.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread