What is Ce2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostedflames

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
So I've been trying to figure out what ce2 is been googling and can't find a good answer guess I will just ask lol what is it and how is it used also how could I "cut my own" I have a acorn tank from parkes vaping and It uses a ce2 put it on my lavatube and i really like it just looking to be schooled on "ce2" lol

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
CE2s are filler-less cartomizers with a top coil. They have silica wicks that deliver juice to the coil. Traditionally (but certainly not always) the steel tube type are used with tanks and you need to use a tubing cutter (found in the plumbing department of any hardware store) to remove most of the steel tube so you can install the remaining guts in your tank.

Some tanks can accept the style that has a clear tube rather than a steel tube. Those type are often called "Clearomizers".

I've never owned an acorn tank, but I've had quite a few MAP tanks in all three sizes made. Some CE2s are shorter than others... and I think I remember reading that the acorn uses the short ones.

This part of the forum is dedicated to tank discussion. In that same area there is also discussion dedicated to cartomizers and a part dedicated to clearomizers. So, if you end up having some specific questions about your gear, those forum sections will be really helpful.

Last edited:

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Hi. If you got the normal (not the XL) Acorn Tank, you'd be looking for the smaller (~.8-1ml,) steel tube CE2. The XL (~1.8ml) CE2s will be too long, and the clearomizers are slightly larger diameter and a bit weaker structurally.

I'm not sure if you can use a clearomizer with the tube pulled off, but it looks like that may work. The pre-cut ones on their site may be your best bet.

I'm not sure if the original CE2s for that tank were Bauway or RoyalSmokers, but I just don't see many steel-tubed ones around anymore. Most places seem to be migrating to clearomizers by Vision.

Speaking of Vision, you may want to look into the Vision Vivi Nova. It's rather new, and has had some problems, but it looks as it the v2.5 is working pretty well. It's fairly cheap, nice-looking, easy to (dis)assemble, and has replaceable innards. I'd recommend reading a bit of the beginning and end of the thread on it in the GotVapes forum before buying.

Galaxy3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Smoky Room
Hi. If you got the normal (not the XL) Acorn Tank, you'd be looking for the smaller (~.8-1ml,) steel tube CE2. The XL (~1.8ml) CE2s will be too long, and the clearomizers are slightly larger diameter and a bit weaker structurally.

I'm not sure if you can use a clearomizer with the tube pulled off, but it looks like that may work. The pre-cut ones on their site may be your best bet.

I'm not sure if the original CE2s for that tank were Bauway or RoyalSmokers, but I just don't see many steel-tubed ones around anymore. Most places seem to be migrating to clearomizers by Vision.

Speaking of Vision, you may want to look into the Vision Vivi Nova. It's rather new, and has had some problems, but it looks as it the v2.5 is working pretty well. It's fairly cheap, nice-looking, easy to (dis)assemble, and has replaceable innards. I'd recommend reading a bit of the beginning and end of the thread on it in the GotVapes forum before buying.

The versions of these things come out pretty fast! I just got the viv nova 2.0 and now the 2.5 is out? Dammit!

How is the 2.0 as compared to the 2.5 ?

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
That nova tank looks awesome I think that will be replacing my acorn tank here shortly Thanks for all the info, I was just wondering really what the string was made out of (silica!) but anyone why they are called ce2's?

CE2 stands for Cartomizer Edition 2. I don't know what edition 1 would be, unless it would be poly filled cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread