What is going on with all these Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
Hi all! I am curious to way so many vapors are now using Box mods. I can't give you any kind of honest reason why I don't care for them. My main reason is I don't like the way they look. I may be all wrong
and missing out on something good.

It appears to me that they will soon out sell even mods.

I am a female and like sleek nice looking e-cigs. Either that or I must be a drag queen.:p

Last edited:

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Do they have a better flavor than all the others?

The atomizer you choose has more to do with the flavor than the mod. But, a larger, higher powered mod can power larger coils that give more vapor and flavor. My Velocity rda with a dual coil 22 gauge build doesn't even come alive until you hit 100 watts. At 130, it's a whole new level of flavor. I need to pick up a few things so I can make Clapton coils for it and see how that goes now...

Now, if you are talking about e-cigs, those don't have much flavor at all compared to any of the better gear. They just don't have the power or atomizer to compete.

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
i know where you're coming from. Ive been using mechs only since I quit smoking over one and a half years ago. During the last 6 months I noticed more and more people switching to regulated box mods and after a lot of going back and forth i decided to see what all the fuss was about and bought a vtc mini.

I must say im quite impressed and as long as you know the basics they're pretty idiot proof (a must for me) but I still have a lot of love for mechs. I normally leave the box mod at home and use it for dripping in the evening but I still only take kayfuns on mechs to work.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Now its just weird for me to use a regular mod.

Even with mechanical, I got a box mod. More of a safety net in that case. I sub ohm. Never go below 1 of my batteries CD, But it was nice having the second battery there to split the load, so it would be EXTRA safe.

And then I got in to Regulated. And the high powered ones require 2 batteries.

Overall though, I think... Safety, and battery length. 2 batteries will last you double the amount of time.

For me... It feels nice to have some weight in my hand. and I like all the bells and whistles.

Reactions: Electrodave

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I went from eGo batteries to a Provari to a Box Mod (Kanger Subox). If you want more power and better regulation than an ego battery, it leads you to a tube mod using 18xxx cells (22mm diameter tube). A tube mod has the circuit board on top of the battery. A box mod puts the circuit board parallel to the battery. A single cell box mod like the Subox's KBox Mini is oval shaped, and I find it very comfortable in my hand, as comfortable as a Provari mini. My KBox is slightly shorter than my Provari Mini, but it sports a 2200 - 2500 mAh battery, compared to a 700-800mAh battery in the Provari, or 3x the power in a package almost the same size and as comfortable to hold or pocket. My regular Provari P2.5, configured for the same 18650 cell, is substantially longer and "bigger". So I find the KBox Mini to be the ideal footprint and most efficient use of space. I have never owned nor do I think I would enjoy holding a squared off box mod.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Personally, I don't care what it looks like. The reason behind the box mod craze. More power. There's only so much power you can put in a tube.

But-but, I don't need any more power. ;)

And, that's the deal ..... some do. You can do things with a box that simply are not possible in a tube. So the only real question is 'do you need (or want) to do those things that are not possible with a tube'?

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    Hi all! I am curious to way so many vapors are now using Box Mods. I can't give you any kind of honest reason why I don't care for them. My main reason is I don't like the way they look. I may be all wrong

I am a female and like sleek nice looking e-cigs. Either that or I must be a drag queen.:p
    The chance of blowing up my face eventually made me move to regulated mods

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Hi all! I am curious to way so many vapors are now using Box Mods. I can't give you any kind of honest reason why I don't care for them. My main reason is I don't like the way they look. I may be all wrong

No you're not a drag queen.

A lot of vapers vape a LOT if juice like 10-20 ml of juice a day. To vape that much they need a mod with a lot of power, and most people use box mods with dual 18650 batteries.

I vape about 2.5-3.2 ml a day. As you can see those VAPERS need much more power than I do.

My little istick40tc may last them a few hours then they are ready to pull their hair out.

Then many if them are vaping at 90 watts and running dual coils.

I am tootling along with a Kayfun at 12.5-15 watts and a bit more on my Goblin Mini because of more airflow.

Then you have tanks with triple parallel coils or even quad coils.

Just remember two things.

1. They vape what they like
    2. They're not smoking the Stinkies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    The chance of blowing up my face eventually made me move to regulated mods

I carry a SMPL mech for when my battery in my istick40tc goes out on me. I never build below. 7-.8 ohms so I don't need to worry about my mech blowing up. I use good Samsung 25r batteries.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 13, 2013
    Pensacola, Florida
    My favorite box style mods are the MVP 60 watt, the Smok x-pro 80 plus, the evic VT mini, and the innokin disruptor. I like them because every single one can be charged with a micro USB cord and no batteries I am required to remove. Other that the ego one, I cant think of many tube mods that I can charge without carrying a battery charger along with me. Plus having a 45000 Mah battery life, temp control, and adjustable wattage are all awesome and not on many tube mods.

Tube mods feel great in the hand, and I wish they made more with more features.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread