Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Many people use a Tatroe base (ProVape sells them). I can't use it because I keep mine in sleeves. The sleeves are pretty stable, but I keep my mods in a box on my desk, just in case. I got the box at a thrift store, I think it was some kind of desk organizer.

Tatroe base:

pro2_zpsd78bbab7.png

Serenity sleeves:

ugkq.jpg

My toy box:

c6bs.jpg

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Mine rarely leaves my hands! I have the zombie edition, so it has the custom end cap with zombie graphics, so I won't change the base. I'll eventually make some type of stand for it out of wood...just another thought.
Jealous... Wish they made a Provari wrap that matched that. Mines standard stainless with red LED. Wish I woulda shelled out the bones for a blue or green led with zombie

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I have a small custom made stand that holds 2 Provaris, 3 IBT 19mms, 2 IBT 22mms & 3 holes that are slightly larger than the carto-condoms for broken off toothpicks, a straightened paperclip & my tank filling tool. Maybe 9 x 1.5 x 1.5". Nothing fancy, just some scrap pine from another project, but as soon as I optimize exactly how I want it set up I'll make a new one out of some jatoba or mahogany or something. This works for now.

desertlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Southern California
Thanks Masterchief,

I don't need anything fancy, and don't wanna spend even more bucks at Provape. I just want something so that I'm not embarrassed at the loud clunk on our travertine dining room table. It draws more attention to my vaping when company is over. Yeah, most of the time I lay it down on a towel, in case the juice leaks. But, when company I here, I like to sit at the table and have a cup of coffee and vape.

I'm gonna look around the house and come up with something.

Why do they make them so they fall over? I guess so they can sell another part.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I thought about getting a Tatroe base, But I am always carrying my ProVari's in my pockets, and I am not sure it would fit right.

I got a ceramic toothbrush holder from Wal-Mart. Something to think about it. :)

View attachment 281837

I switch out batteries each day before I leave the house, so at the same time, I just swap out the bottomcap, too, for a regular one.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Thanks Masterchief,

I don't need anything fancy, and don't wanna spend even more bucks at Provape. I just want something so that I'm not embarrassed at the loud clunk on our travertine dining room table. It draws more attention to my vaping when company is over. Yeah, most of the time I lay it down on a towel, in case the juice leaks. But, when company I here, I like to sit at the table and have a cup of coffee and vape.

I'm gonna look around the house and come up with something.

Why do they make them so they fall over? I guess so they can sell another part.

It's the weight that causes them to topple over, especially with a pyrex tank. Before Tatroe Bases, I threw mine in a pencil holder, the divided kind, I found in the house. Problem was, I had a habit of putting it on my desk instead, while I typed. When I went to grab it, I knocked it over, every day, several times a day. No damage to the ProVari, but I kept bending my flanged cartos, and chipped the paint off of one of my tanks.

With the Tatroe base, ProVaris wobble, but they don't fall down. Worth the money IMO.

PNW Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Mukilteo, Wa
I use an extended cap, or the regular cap with the Twins extension. Mine falls over all the time. I just check to make sure the atomizer hasn't sprung a leak and stand it back up (or pick it back up off the floor).

My provari and kayfun lite have gone down countless times, luckily this happens at home or in the car. It is still in mint condition not a scatch or mark of any kind. I have just gotten used to placing it in a location where if it does go down it will land safely. It helps to have a shirt or sweat shirt in the car to cradle it. Same at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread