Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If this discussion has already taken place, please feel free to point me there.

So I have noticed that there are a lot of juices that have an underlying perfume taste. I have seen posts by many other people who also notice this underlying taste in certain juices. I have also seen many people say that it is the DeKang juices that have this "issue" and they supposedly make around 90% of all juice on the market.

All of the juice I bought from NuVape had this problem, and I threw it all away.
All of the cartomizers I tried had this problem, and I threw them away.

I bought some HV tobacco juices from Nhaler and thought they did not have this problem.
Then I found out that many of their flavors DO have a hint of that perfume taste.

NONE of the juice I've gotten from MyFreedomSmokes has this taste.
And NONE of the juice I've gotten from Johnson Creek has this taste.

Now it seems that for some reason the tobacco flavors either do not have this perfume taste, or that the tobacco flavors overwhelm the taste to the point that you don't notice it. I thought the Nhaler juice did not have this taste because I only bought 555 and RY4 at first. But then when I got some other "flavors" of juice like Peanut Butter Cup, I found that there was indeed a little bit of that underlying perfume taste, although not as bad as many other juices I've gotten.

SO WHAT THE HECK IS THAT PERFUME TASTE?
AND HOW CAN I ORDER JUICE AND MAKE SURE NEVER TO GET THAT NASTY STUFF?

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Little off topic...was trying to find there ingredient list. NuVape's website is Down currently, says that paypal pulled there account PP said for "public safety"
(I just saunter into a war didnt I)

Did find Nuvape's ingredients list posted by a MissVaper here in ECF.
"Polyethelene Glycol (PEG)
Nicotine
Flavorings
Inositol
Linalool
α-Ionone
Damascenone"

Johnson creek ingredients (according to the bottle in front of me)
PG
VG
USP grade Glycerol
D water
nicotine
artificial flavors
citric acid(as a preservative)

Some big differences there...unsure which exact ingredient is the funny taste

Last edited:

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I don't know the ingredient, but I do know what you mean about a 'perfume' taste.

I have noticed it with a couple of coffee liquids. My Janty coffee liquid actually had a strong 'rose petal' taste - after some time it became far less noticeable as I became accustomed to it but it was still there - it is as if my tastebuds mistake the 'coffee' taste. My Decadent Vapours Cafe Brasiliano concentrate also had a perfume taste but that turned out to be me using it in far too high a concentration (1:1). I now use it at 1:20 and I get the creamy coffee taste that the manufacturer intended.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
DC2...I hate it too...like some say...open it up and let it air out for a couple days. Doesn't take it all out but it makes it much better especially if you mix it with flavoring and PG. I do it to all the Dekang I was unfortunate to get. The 555 I got from My FreedomSmokes had it slightly but this cleared it up.

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
i only order juices that specifically say "made in the USA" and i have never tasted it. i have yet to purchase any of the chinese stuff, for that exact reason. Halo makes great juices, and american e juice is another good usa supplier. i think it depends on the flavor too. Im not too educated on the subject, but i would try some local made stuff and see what you think.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Little off topic...was trying to find there ingredient list. NuVape's website is Down currently, says that paypal pulled there account PP said for "public safety"
(I just saunter into a war didnt I)

Did find Nuvape's ingredients list posted by a MissVaper here in ECF.
"Polyethelene Glycol (PEG)
Nicotine
Flavorings
Inositol
Linalool
α-Ionone
Damascenone"

Johnson creek ingredients (according to the bottle in front of me)
PG
VG
USP grade Glycerol
D water
nicotine
artificial flavors
citric acid(as a preservative)

Some big differences there...unsure which exact ingredient is the funny taste

This is from Wikipedia...

Damascenones are a series of closely related chemical compounds that are components of a variety of essential oils. The damascenones belong to a family of chemicals known as rose ketones, which also includes damascones and ionones. beta-Damascenone is a major contributor to the aroma of roses, despite its very low concentration, and is an important fragrance chemical used in perfumery.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascenone#cite_note-0

And;

The ionones are a series of closely related chemical substances that are part of a group of compounds known as rose ketones, which also includes damascones and damascenones. Ionones are aroma compounds found in a variety of essential oils, including rose oil. beta-Ionone is a significant contributor to the aroma of roses, despite its relatively low concentration, and is an important fragrance chemical used in perfumery.[

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So the following three ingredients in NuVape juice all taste like rose and are used in perfumes:
Linalool, Ionone, Damascenones

No wonder I had to throw ALL of their juice out.
About seven different flavors.
:mad:

Now the question is, is this what all the Dekang juice has in it?
And is that why anything based on Dekang juice tastes like perfume?

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Atomic cinnacide has no perfume flavor in fact all you will taste is cinn and alot of it. It taste like Atomic fireball.
Yeah, I REALLY want to try that some day.
:)

But I'm more talking about who makes juice where NONE of it tastes like perfume.
Like Johnson Creek for example.

I'm on a crusade to eliminate this perfume taste from all juices!!

LostInDaJungle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
that ingredient list is kinda scary, isnt the whole reason we got off the analogs was to get away from stuff we couldnt pronounce?

Umm, look at the 599 additives Cigarette manufacturers use and tell me that this isn't an improvement...

The List of Additives in Cigarettes - Additives in Cigarettes

cigarette.gif

I can pronounce Cadmium, Arsenic, Butane, Ammonia... That doesn't mean they're more fun in the lung. Forty-three known carcinogens are in cigs...

Ammonia is used in cigarettes to boost the impact of nicotine ("free-basing").

Every time you smoke a cigarette, tar is deposited into the lungs. Heavy smokers (20+ cigarettes/day) can accumulate more than a pound of tar in their lungs each year.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Yeah, I REALLY want to try that some day.
:)

But I'm more talking about who makes juice where NONE of it tastes like perfume.
Like Johnson Creek for example.

I'm on a crusade to eliminate this perfume taste from all juices!!

I have never tasted anything perfumey from either MFS or Tastyvapor some think that perfumy flav comes from lorann flavoring.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Atomic cinnacide has no perfume flavor in fact all you will taste is cinn and alot of it. It taste like Atomic fireball.

Yup... I got 5 OZ of the stuff. 4OZ of 0MG, and 1OZ of 48MG.

It is no longer strong, less than 2 weeks later.

I would not recommend buying in bulk, or is it just me and the others I have typed to about this?

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Yup... I got 5 OZ of the stuff. 4OZ of 0MG, and 1OZ of 48MG.

It is no longer strong, less than 2 weeks later.

I would not recommend buying in bulk, or is it just me and the others I have typed to about this?

Thats strange, nic is suppose to have a shelf life of two years. I have AC that is 3months old and it tastes fine to me. I dont know if the nic content went down any, I still get a good TH from it but I get my nic hits from snuff and snus and vape for pleasure.

Asha Vahishta

Mar 20, 2010
Austin, TX

Thanks Brewster, You answered my question before I asked it. I just tried V4L Red Hot Candy flavor. No cinn flavor or aroma. It tastes and smells like perfume & baby powder. I also tried their Cinnamon Roll, again, no cinn flavor. It tastes like Melon & Baby Powder. Yuk!! I was worried that a good cinn might not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread