What is the absolute best flavoring concentrate company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA

lol :lol:

I want to make premium e liquid. where do i get premium flavor concentrates?

Most DIY'ers will not say XXX company is the best. You'll find among all the companies available they will have the "best" of certain flavors only - ie; my favorite Butter Rum is LorAnn's, my favorite strawberry is made by Inawera, my favorite cheesecake is made by TPA and my favorite custard is by Capella's.

And, what's "best" to me might not be your best.

It's a conundrum for the new DIY'er, that's for sure.

You'll probably need to order them online - it would help to know what country you're in. :)

Last edited:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I have read this question over and over and the answer will be the same. There are no super secret flavorings. The only thing that makes juice premium is the price tag. With TPA,Cap,Inw,Real Flavors and so on you can make juice just as good or better than anything out there. Just get good PG/VG and Nic and some flavors from bull city, one stop vapor shop, nic river or any decent shop. First I would pick out some top rated recipes so you get an idea of what flavors to order

Andrew blocker

Sep 28, 2017
I have read this question over and over and the answer will be the same. There are no super secret flavorings. The only thing that makes juice premium is the price tag. With TPA,Cap,Inw,Real Flavors and so on you can make juice just as good or better than anything out there. Just get good PG/VG and Nic and some flavors from bull city, one stop vapor shop, nic river or any decent shop. First I would pick out some top rated recipes so you get an idea of what flavors to order

Out of those sites you listed which has the best vg pg

Reactions: Trigster

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I guarantee "premium" juice is no better or worse than the e-liquids I make, and I use flavorings from all over the place. There is no "best" flavoring, there's only flavoring that suits you. I enjoy ordering from DIY places like Nicotine River, which carry a variety of flavorings from different makers, and even have a few "proprietary" flavors.... it's just easier.

With that said, if you have particular flavors you enjoy, you could take a look at cloned recipes, or recipes of things you think you might enjoy.

You could alternately just read a lot of recipes and get a sense of how things work together, and start small and simply with a few single flavor mixes and do some combining in your tank. That's what I did and it gave me a pretty good sense of what mixes well for my palate, without having to pour out large batches of someone else's recipe that I wound up hating. It takes more time doing it that way, but I enjoyed the investment and figuring out for myself what I enjoy. I'm now up to 3 flavor recipes (plus a few drops of reluctant sweetener occasionally) and I feel pretty confident in my mixing skills-- I have not had to get rid of a batch yet, though occasionally along the way I did have to pour out a tank or two, and obviously steeping together is a bit different than combining in a tank. But, it did give me a sense for what goes with what, pretty easily.

With that said, I didn't really buy a whole ton of premade juices, but the ones I did use tasted overflavored to me once I got my tastebuds back, so I'm glad to have my flavors, they are premium to *me* but perhaps not to anyone else. That is however, the fun of DIY.

Good luck,

Anna

Andrew blocker

Sep 28, 2017
I guarantee "premium" juice is no better or worse than the e-liquids I make, and I use flavorings from all over the place. There is no "best" flavoring, there's only flavoring that suits you. I enjoy ordering from DIY places like Nicotine River, which carry a variety of flavorings from different makers, and even have a few "proprietary" flavors.... it's just easier.

With that said, if you have particular flavors you enjoy, you could take a look at cloned recipes, or recipes of things you think you might enjoy.

You could alternately just read a lot of recipes and get a sense of how things work together, and start small and simply with a few single flavor mixes and do some combining in your tank. That's what I did and it gave me a pretty good sense of what mixes well for my palate, without having to pour out large batches of someone else's recipe that I wound up hating. It takes more time doing it that way, but I enjoyed the investment and figuring out for myself what I enjoy. I'm now up to 3 flavor recipes (plus a few drops of reluctant sweetener occasionally) and I feel pretty confident in my mixing skills-- I have not had to get rid of a batch yet, though occasionally along the way I did have to pour out a tank or two, and obviously steeping together is a bit different than combining in a tank. But, it did give me a sense for what goes with what, pretty easily.

With that said, I didn't really buy a whole ton of premade juices, but the ones I did use tasted overflavored to me once I got my tastebuds back, so I'm glad to have my flavors, they are premium to *me* but perhaps not to anyone else. That is however, the fun of DIY.

Good luck,

Anna[/QUOTE

Reactions: Trigster

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hi Andrew...To Start...At the top of this Forum's page you'll see a Sub-Forum "E-Liquid Recipes"...Noth'in in there but one recipe after another...I'm also partial to the "Recipes For Dummies" Thread in this Forum...And I agree that there is no Best Manufacturer of flavors...If you stick with the major names you'll probably do better than with the few smaller companies out there...TFA / CAP / FA / FW / INW...Many Suppliers...I use ECX for most of my supplies but I do buy bits & pieces here and there from several others...Trig
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've been at it over a year and no not everyone can make anything as good as what's out there. In fact I know I could make slightly better juice if I stopped vaping except to test flavors, but what would be the point of that unless I want to sell them? We can all make very good flavors and I definitely have my own niche, but the popular brands do have someone coming up with recipes that are very good at it.

(add) OTOH, there is one very big flavor advantage of DIY, when I spend a lot I insist on being blown away. So I ignore enjoyable lighter flavored juices and sometimes have never finished bottles due to excessively bold flavor combos. Whereas some of my DIYs are more like unflavored+ .

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I'm going to go against the consensus here! IMO FA is the best.
    It's not really about the taste, cause thats personal.
    It's about what it does to my coils!
    Inawera/Molin Berry does such a # on my coils, I swear it's all sugar?
    TPA TFA needs an outrages % to produce a good flavour :(
    Flavour West & Lorann, coil gunkers also! + big % required
    FA low %, cleaner coils :) Winner in my book!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I am not into a lot of different flavors - I vape one DIY recipe that I refined from one posted years ago. Trial and error over a period of time made it just right for me. I have always used TFA flavors but ordered FA last time not even realizing it. I found no difference between TFA and FA on the handful of flavors I bought. Creme de Menthe and Whipped Cream are the two main ingredients in my juice and if there is a difference, it is undetectable to me.

Order from reputable makers, start with tester sizes (10 or 15 ml,) and keep notes. It is fun!

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I use flavorings from almost all the companies for the simple fact none of them do every flavor well. It is all about the flavor profile. Thats the whole point, to make a juice you really enjoy. There is no one company that you can use to make everything. If you need a high percentage of any flavor your probably over flavoring and muting. Take something as simple as strawberry for instance. If TFA SB is good at 4% then using it at 10% doesnt necessarily make it stronger. Most of my recipes never exceed 12% total. My best advice to anybody would be to test your flavors at different % until you understand there profile.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    The only thing that makes juice premium is the price tag.
    And the amount of sweeteners they put in them.

Generally speaking here are MY opinions sorted alphabetically (and they all make some great flavors)
    CAP - Same as TFA, minus the transparency.
    FA - Most consistent for potency. Harder for a beginner as they're very concentrated
    FLV - Newer kid on the block. All winners so far that I've tested
    FW - Many real gems, but they are not as open/transparent as some companies, and some concentrates have been found to contain fructose
    INW/Hangsen - Some real gems. Highly rated tobaccos along with FA.
    LB - Some gems, but they do not support vaping, and you have to be careful with ordering as many are suspended in oils.
    RF - Been around a while changing up their flavorings and what they're suspended in. Some reported winners. I have not been impressed with the few I've tested from their SC line.
    TFA - Wide range, many good generics. Complete transparency.
    WF (Wonder Flavours) - Pretty much newest kid on the block. Have many combined offerings. Haven't tried any.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    High on my list are Hangsen and Flavourart, but I vape mostly tobacco flavors. I've tried flavors from most all the suppliers' brands. Buy small bottles at first and once you decide what matches your tastes buy larger bottles.

For Flavourart Google Hic's Notes and subscribe. A $2 donation gets you his extensive file containing detailed reviews with great flavor descriptions and recommended mix percentages for each flavor.

Here's HIC's (Head In Clouds) Notes link. You can enter 0 in the donation column and get the link or give him a tip for his efforts using Paypal. It was definitely worth $5 to me.
    HIC's Notes on FlavourArt Flavors

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread