What is the Best Atty for Flavor? Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickles

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2012
Alberta, Canada
What is currently the best atomizer flavor out there? Bar none. Doesnt matter what vape style it is. If someone wants to experience the best possible flavor an atty can produce, what is it?

Is it the newest and greatest Falcon 2, a Zenith, Zeus X, Dang rda, wotofo rda...? Or does an old classic still reign king?

What do you guys think? What atty is the measure for flavor?

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
No such thing. Flavor in ANY atty is going to be a combination of build, power, wick, airflow, and juice... AND, it's all subjective.

For instance, a 3mm 2x26/36 Ni80 fused clapton build in a Zeus X at 60-80 watts wicked with my favorite Puffs organic cotton and a good juice will beat the same atty at 25 watts with a 2.5mm 26 AWG round wide build wicked with Walgreens organic cotton balls and filled with gas station juice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Smaller chambers do generally affect flavor concentration in a positive way, in that all atties aren't really equal and some do indeed provide a more flavorful vape.

My favorite RDA of all I've owned is the MCV Atomic, my favorite RTA is the Dvarw. Both of these require the use of smaller gauge wire which to me and my style of vaping has always provided the most flavorful vape.

The 2019 KFL is the runner up for RTA's, although I think the original KFL is nearly the same flavor wise but isn't as easy to build.

I can use the same wire, same wick, same ohm build in the Dvarw and the KFL 2019 and the Dvarw beats it every time. I strictly vape a peppermint menthol DIY mix and it's noticeably more potent in the Dvarw.

I want to add, ask 10 people you will get 10 different answers.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Too many variables (including the juice/tank combination) It also depends on if you like MTL, RDL or full blown DL.
I have a Silverplay RTA that has great flavor but is tricky to get right and tends to leak. It's hard to enjoy the flavor when your tank is "pissin" on your mod. My little Nautilus X tank with 1.8 ohm drop-in coils has great flavor but I've moved on to restricted DL now and the Nauti just doesn't produce enough vapor. Maybe one tank brings out fruits better but another works better with bakeries or custards. I'm not that experienced but I do understand things aren't that straightforward. For RDAs and RTAs, it depends on the build, power used and airflow... even then it's all subjective. Do you like a cool vape, warm, hot? Tight draw, loose draw. It's an interesting question that may not have an answer.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I also do not think this question has a viable answer. Is there a "best" anything? A best performance? A best song? A best [insert] anything? Was Lance Armstrong the best cyclist or the most successful cheater?

It depends on why you ask, but to save this post from its so far stunning mediocrity I will post a favorite live performance of mine, which I think may not be the rest, but is kind of relevant, too.

Every time I think about the fact that both of these men are dead, it makes me sad although I don't think they will ever be and like once there was also no autotune.

Anna

Tickles

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Brunhilde MTL RTA...... Period;)
Noice! Someones playing the game!

Alright alright, so its a unfair impossible question. BUT, there's got to be some facts/principles that we know make flavor better, like the reduced chamber mentioned already. Are there any others?

if there are, surely everyone has an opinion on what tank does it best? Or even type. is there a replaceable coil tank that beats rebuildables?

If my queries are still to vague/ignorant, then lets focus on MTL...should narrow it down some.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I think you are having a similar problem like I had... the thread title. On the DIY forum (making your own e-juices) I had a thread titled "Best Flavors"... everyone gave me a hard time about that. maybe would have been better to say "What are Good Attys for Flavor" I'm not giving you a hard time... actually I know how you feel.
There is also the issue of "drop-in" coil tanks, RDAs, RTAs... many people argue about that (for good flavor) Many insist a good RDA can't be beat. I don't have enough experience to make that call. Add to that, it is common to see debates over mesh vs coils.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@Shawn Hoefer , good to see you around. I made it about 2/3 way through your "Top-air RTAs" thread... great read! Might have to finish that.
Thanks! I'm in the process of ordering the next generation of top air tanks to finish it out...

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
There's so many products in the market that I doubt that it's possible for someone to say this is the best flavor atomizer ever.

If the question is "What is your Best Atty for Flavor? Period" I probably can give you an answer.

With the perfect build on all atomizers I own, with same eliquid, for my style of vaping at this moment, I would say the best atomizer is the GEAR RTA.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks! I'm in the process of ordering the next generation of top air tanks to finish it out...

I'm looking forward to your reviews on the next lot of top air RTAs Shawn:thumb:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    RTA = the gear and the silverplay, possibly the Kayfun prime but the draw is too tight for me, Hastur is up there but I do think the flavor is better on the gear and silverplay

Rda = vapefly galaxy, KRMA, and Axial.

I don't do store bought coils.

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    For me right now it's the fatality m25, it ticks all the boxes but it depends on how you build it, what cotton you use,the juice ect.
    Saying that I still like my dead rabbit rta and my advken manta.
    As others have said it's an impossible question, but I do agree with a tighter chimney for flavour.
    It all depends on your style of vape, the coils you use, the juice and eventually the wattage you vape at,numerous different ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread