The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What is the best beginner mode to get

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Thumper3801, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thumper3801

Thumper3801 New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Ok so I made a post about my Smok priv v8 which I fixed, now I love in canada and were I'm at we have fatpanda for vap needs ,I was looking at there units and just not sure what to get to replace the priv v8.

Any help would be great thanks

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Do you want another DL mod? What is your battery situation?

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I don't understand your situation. :blink:

You got your SMOK to work, yet your are going to replace it? Just trying to clear things up. What did you like and didn't like about the Smok? Those factors should help you decide what to get next.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thumper3801

Thumper3801 New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I want to stay with tanks, but the shops were I am have a big selection of Smok products and not much else seen a few other names ,but not sure what to go with.
    I only bought the prov v8 as it was the only unit our store had in my little town. A few names of some good units would help. Even if I have to order from the states .

5. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

The Innnokin Kroma mod with an Innokin Zenith tank is very often cited as the current favorite starter kit. The tank is mouth to lung style as opposed to direct to lung style, so it will be more like a cigarette draw. It has an internal battery, so you don't have to worry about external batteries. Only downside from my perspective is it is only a 2000 mah battery, so it may not last a full day without recharging.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thumper3801

Thumper3801 New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    It was cheap for one ,but getting a strong pull of it and it's pretty harsh. Plus I'm just curious as to what might be better down the road.and looking for info on good units,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gregjl

Gregjl Full Member

Sep 20, 2018
    New Jersey
    Harshness could be a couple things, juice not steeped, a flavor you don't really like, the cotton started to burn a little, high nicotine level. I noticed tanks that advertise being good at mtl and dl "adjustable air flow" are really only great at one or the other and sometimes not that great.

8. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

IN Canada order your mod from www.dashvapes.com

Ships from Toronto. Free shipping. Great prices. Big selection.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The OP didn’t state they lived in Canada, just that they love in Canada. That could be interpreted as hopping over the boarder for a little bit of Canadian love (queue Barry White music). :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    This is true. The one exception I know of is the crown 1 and it so old parts have become hard to get. The krona a is more or less a MTL system

12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    There’s decent buying options in Canada afaik. As to what you want “tanks” is not descriptive. Everything is tanks these days. The goto DL atty Thea days seems to be the the fire Luke mesh for coil cartridge and any number of hybrid rta/rdtas. Issues with the fire Luke mesh though is it’s a power hog. You definitely want a dual or triple battery mod to push it

13. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    what one mod/atty might be best for one person isn't always best for you
    vaping is all about personal needs/wants
    so to find something to suit your needs we'd need to narrow down things a bit
    are you wanting a tube shaped mod or a boxy mod, or a squonk mod
    are you wanting a regulated mod or unregulated (mech mod), personally i'd suggest staying with a regulated mod, otherwise and well even still but esp if using mechs then you need to study and learn battery safety and ohm's laws
    do you want an internal battery or external (that's just one's preference, what I've learned is it's better to go with external because once the internal battery dies the mod is useless)
    if going regulated do you want temp control (tc) or not (just because you have tc mod doesn't mean you have to use tc, I don't use mine, I just like the option and the upgradeable firmware)
    then next would be the type of vape you want, so what kind of attomizer to look for
    do you want a tight draw, more like a cigarette mouth to lung hits (MTL), or do you want an airy draw for more direct lung hits (DL) to cloud chase with (not that you have to cloud chase)
    do you want a hotter vape or a cooler vape
    do you want something with more of a plug and play coil or something that you can install premade (or make your own) coils in
    do you want a tank, a dripper, or a combination of the two an RDTA (rebuildable dripping tank atomizer)
    do you want a 510 drip tip (a mouth piece more like a cigarette size) or an 810 drip tip (a wide bore mouth piece more commonly used in sub-ohm atties)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Aegis Legend. Lots of folks like their Zeus tanks.
    Others can fill in the blanks tank-wise as I'm a fan of Zeniths, which are meant for mouth to lung.

• Like Like x 2
  15. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m assuming by tanks he means coil cartridges. I could be wrong though. The Zeus is one of those hybrids I mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  16. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Don't know enough about the Zeus to flaunt its virtues. I just know of a few DL-ing DIY types who swear by them. I do know from experience the Aegis Legend is a proven rock solid performer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I am not that familiar with new gear. It does appear you have been given good information from other so I will just say Hi and welcome to ECF.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    True the legend has literally everything going for it but size and price and neither of those are particularly bad

• Like Like x 1
  19. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I hear ya on the size thing. I tend to prefer pocket size. If pens came with a pocket clip I'd probably use those. Instead I carry small devices like an Innokin Kroma or a Rover X 30. Being a toodle puffer allows that since a 1.6 ohm coil cooking at 13 watts doesn't use much electricity.

My Aegis Legend 100 became a coffee table device. Trouble is I don't find myself at the coffee table very often. On the construction site equipment operator use a cup holder to hold their Legends, Drags and other 2 cell gadgets with sub ohm attys. I tried carrying my JAC Sandstorm but it keeps falling out of my pocket and the mega sensitive fire button requires me to turn it off when it goes back into the pocket between vapes. 5 clicks, "crap I goofed the 4th one again".

So the size plays a role for folks depending on their carry style. My brother keeps his legend in a cupholder of his forklift. A coworker of mine uses a pen for shirt pocket/safety vest carry. I'm searching for a giant sized slide on flashlight pocket clip for the guy so he won't have to keep replacing broken glass. He uses a resin tank now but his drip tip is pretty beat up. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You might want to look into Vaporesso tanks, the NRG and Cascade line are pretty popular and the variety of coils available is good. If you aren't concerned about juice consumption the Freemax Fireluke, Pro, and Mesh Pro are great and the coils and rba are good as well. The 3 Freemax mentioned are all coil compatible as are many of the Vaporesso tanks. Personally I prefer dual 18650 devices, what are you thinking you might like?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.