Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

The Innnokin Kroma mod with an Innokin Zenith tank is very often cited as the current favorite starter kit. The tank is mouth to lung style as opposed to direct to lung style, so it will be more like a cigarette draw. It has an internal battery, so you don't have to worry about external batteries. Only downside from my perspective is it is only a 2000 mah battery, so it may not last a full day without recharging.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsites

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
IN Canada order your mod from www.dashvapes.com

Ships from Toronto. Free shipping. Great prices. Big selection.

The OP didn’t state they lived in Canada, just that they love in Canada. That could be interpreted as hopping over the boarder for a little bit of Canadian love (queue Barry White music). :D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Harshness could be a couple things, juice not steeped, a flavor you don't really like, the cotton started to burn a little, high nicotine level. I noticed tanks that advertise being good at mtl and dl "adjustable air flow" are really only great at one or the other and sometimes not that great.
This is true. The one exception I know of is the crown 1 and it so old parts have become hard to get. The krona a is more or less a MTL system

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I want to stay with tanks, but the shops were I am have a big selection of Smok products and not much else seen a few other names ,but not sure what to go with.
I only bought the prov v8 as it was the only unit our store had in my little town. A few names of some good units would help. Even if I have to order from the states .
There’s decent buying options in Canada afaik. As to what you want “tanks” is not descriptive. Everything is tanks these days. The goto DL atty Thea days seems to be the the fire Luke mesh for coil cartridge and any number of hybrid rta/rdtas. Issues with the fire Luke mesh though is it’s a power hog. You definitely want a dual or triple battery mod to push it

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
what one mod/atty might be best for one person isn't always best for you
vaping is all about personal needs/wants
so to find something to suit your needs we'd need to narrow down things a bit
are you wanting a tube shaped mod or a boxy mod, or a squonk mod
are you wanting a regulated mod or unregulated (mech mod), personally i'd suggest staying with a regulated mod, otherwise and well even still but esp if using mechs then you need to study and learn battery safety and ohm's laws
do you want an internal battery or external (that's just one's preference, what I've learned is it's better to go with external because once the internal battery dies the mod is useless)
if going regulated do you want temp control (tc) or not (just because you have tc mod doesn't mean you have to use tc, I don't use mine, I just like the option and the upgradeable firmware)
then next would be the type of vape you want, so what kind of attomizer to look for
do you want a tight draw, more like a cigarette mouth to lung hits (MTL), or do you want an airy draw for more direct lung hits (DL) to cloud chase with (not that you have to cloud chase)
do you want a hotter vape or a cooler vape
do you want something with more of a plug and play coil or something that you can install premade (or make your own) coils in
do you want a tank, a dripper, or a combination of the two an RDTA (rebuildable dripping tank atomizer)
do you want a 510 drip tip (a mouth piece more like a cigarette size) or an 810 drip tip (a wide bore mouth piece more commonly used in sub-ohm atties)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Aegis Legend. Lots of folks like their Zeus tanks.
Others can fill in the blanks tank-wise as I'm a fan of Zeniths, which are meant for mouth to lung.
I’m assuming by tanks he means coil cartridges. I could be wrong though. The Zeus is one of those hybrids I mentioned

Reactions: VapourFlavour

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I’m assuming by tanks he means coil cartridges. I could be wrong though. The Zeus is one of those hybrids I mentioned

Don't know enough about the Zeus to flaunt its virtues. I just know of a few DL-ing DIY types who swear by them. I do know from experience the Aegis Legend is a proven rock solid performer.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Don't know enough about the Zeus to flaunt its virtues. I just know of a few DL-ing DIY types who swear by them. I do know from experience the Aegis Legend is a proven rock solid performer.
True the legend has literally everything going for it but size and price and neither of those are particularly bad

Reactions: VapourFlavour

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
True the legend has literally everything going for it but size and price and neither of those are particularly bad

I hear ya on the size thing. I tend to prefer pocket size. If pens came with a pocket clip I'd probably use those. Instead I carry small devices like an Innokin Kroma or a Rover X 30. Being a toodle puffer allows that since a 1.6 ohm coil cooking at 13 watts doesn't use much electricity.

My Aegis Legend 100 became a coffee table device. Trouble is I don't find myself at the coffee table very often. On the construction site equipment operator use a cup holder to hold their Legends, Drags and other 2 cell gadgets with sub ohm attys. I tried carrying my JAC Sandstorm but it keeps falling out of my pocket and the mega sensitive fire button requires me to turn it off when it goes back into the pocket between vapes. 5 clicks, "crap I goofed the 4th one again".

So the size plays a role for folks depending on their carry style. My brother keeps his legend in a cupholder of his forklift. A coworker of mine uses a pen for shirt pocket/safety vest carry. I'm searching for a giant sized slide on flashlight pocket clip for the guy so he won't have to keep replacing broken glass. He uses a resin tank now but his drip tip is pretty beat up. lol.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You might want to look into Vaporesso tanks, the NRG and Cascade line are pretty popular and the variety of coils available is good. If you aren't concerned about juice consumption the Freemax Fireluke, Pro, and Mesh Pro are great and the coils and rba are good as well. The 3 Freemax mentioned are all coil compatible as are many of the Vaporesso tanks. Personally I prefer dual 18650 devices, what are you thinking you might like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread