Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
aegis legend. Lots of folks like their Zeus tanks.
Others can fill in the blanks tank-wise as I'm a fan of Zeniths, which are meant for mouth to lung.

Their local store (fat panda) has the Aegis Legend. It's what I would have recommended if he/she wanted to go in store to purchase.

They also have the Triade 250C if we want to get unrealistic.

If we want to save money, fat panda has the istick pico 25 on clearance:

Eleaf iStick Pico 25

I'd reuse the tank that came with the Smok mod or consider a Uwell Crown 3 or Crown 3 mini:

UWELL Crown 3 III Tank

UWELL Crown 3 III Mini

For MTL they have the Nautilus, Nautilus Mini, and Nautilus X. Seeing as he/she is coming from a Smok mod, i'm assuming he/she wants DTL.

Otherwise, i'd get a free mod from Dashvapes:

Alternatives to Smoking & Cigarettes | Quit Smoking Methods | DashVapes - US at DashVapes.com

or maybe something like the Nunchaku:

Uwell Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit (Metallic Green) - US at DashVapes.com

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Looking through these posts, I noticed that...there is no mention of a back-up mod if you are transitioning from cigs. Nicotine is very addictive so if you have NOT been using it, keep a distance. But, if you have, then it is good that you are getting a second set-up.

The next thing that I didn't really get was "what are you looking for" and "what is your experience level". Do you want drop-in coils or do you want to make your own? How much, battery wise, are you currently using per day and how much Mah is your current setup?

The more you ask or say as to your interest, the more we can help.

Edit: the previous post got in just before me.

Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I hear ya on the size thing. I tend to prefer pocket size. If pens came with a pocket clip I'd probably use those. Instead I carry small devices like an Innokin Kroma or a Rover X 30. Being a toodle puffer allows that since a 1.6 ohm coil cooking at 13 watts doesn't use much electricity.

My Aegis Legend 100 became a coffee table device. Trouble is I don't find myself at the coffee table very often. On the construction site equipment operator use a cup holder to hold their Legends, Drags and other 2 cell gadgets with sub ohm attys. I tried carrying my JAC Sandstorm but it keeps falling out of my pocket and the mega sensitive fire button requires me to turn it off when it goes back into the pocket between vapes. 5 clicks, "crap I goofed the 4th one again".

So the size plays a role for folks depending on their carry style. My brother keeps his legend in a cupholder of his forklift. A coworker of mine uses a pen for shirt pocket/safety vest carry. I'm searching for a giant sized slide on flashlight pocket clip for the guy so he won't have to keep replacing broken glass. He uses a resin tank now but his drip tip is pretty beat up. lol.
No such animal as legend 100. There’s the ageis 100, and the ageis legend 200

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Ok, I'll make a bunch of assumptions per your coming away from a stick. Internal battery with good life. Simple variable wattage only. Sub Ohm (not rebuildable) direct to lung tank. This would describe the OBS Cube. If you go with the mesh coil on the atty you are in for a treat in flavor compared the the Smok.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ok, I'll make a bunch of assumptions per your coming away from a stick. Internal battery with good life. Simple variable wattage only. Sub Ohm (not rebuildable) direct to lung tank. This would describe the OBS Cube. If you go with the mesh coil on the atty you are in for a treat in flavor compared the the Smok.
I keep forgetting the cube is out there. Been wondering if it was a good option for those that don't find the Kroma/Zenith appealing.

Reactions: Walee

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
There are many Mod/Tank combo’s to choose from. Starter kits is just another means to market a product. One could purchase a mod and tank separately therefore getting the best out of both oppose to buying what the manufacture thinks is the best combination. The best “starter kit” is the one that works best for an individual! Knowing proper battery safety and the limits of the available products is more important than choosing a starter kit.

• Informative
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread