What is the best Earl Grey or black tea juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I'm looking for a really good, bold tea juice. I would prefer Earl Grey or just a black tea in general.

My only experiences so far have been with tea flavors mixed with fruit (usually peach) and they just aren't doing it for me.

Please be sure to posts links so I can check them out directly. :thumbs:

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I just purchased some Flavor Apprentice black tea, and mixed with it yesterday. I don't taste my mixes until they've steeped a fair amount of time, so I can't be of help yet (sorry) but it SMELLED very similar to black tea, and rather strong. I did a mix with jasmine tea and condensed milk, and I will be interested to see how it turns out. I hope it's not a mix that "fails out" on me, but I guess it will be a while before I find out. It did smell strong, and seemed to have hints of those "dark" or "sour" notes that earl grey has (full disclosure, to me the taste of earl grey is super similar to ear wax, I don't care for it) but it definitely had a "round" tea flavor.

Here's a link, since you did ask for one: Flavor Apprentice Black Tea*

Caveat emptor-- although it smelled nice and flavorful, I really won't know how it performs until I vape it, other than smell, although I have developed SOME accuracy with that. It smells like it will develop a nice, strong tea flavor.

Anna

Reactions: christylh8

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm looking for a really good, bold tea juice. I would prefer Earl Grey or just a black tea in general.

My only experiences so far have been with tea flavors mixed with fruit (usually peach) and they just aren't doing it for me.

Please be sure to posts links so I can check them out directly. :thumbs:
Go to ELR recipes and in resources click on flavor list, then type in Earl Grey black tea; when the list comes up click on ratings (on right). Don't think you have to join to use the list, wouldn't be sorry if you did, great tools and it's free. Another free site is All the Recipes.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I just purchased some Flavor Apprentice black tea, and mixed with it yesterday. I don't taste my mixes until they've steeped a fair amount of time, so I can't be of help yet (sorry) but it SMELLED very similar to black tea, and rather strong. I did a mix with jasmine tea and condensed milk, and I will be interested to see how it turns out. I hope it's not a mix that "fails out" on me, but I guess it will be a while before I find out. It did smell strong, and seemed to have hints of those "dark" or "sour" notes that earl grey has (full disclosure, to me the taste of earl grey is super similar to ear wax, I don't care for it) but it definitely had a "round" tea flavor.

Here's a link, since you did ask for one: Flavor Apprentice Black Tea*

Caveat emptor-- although it smelled nice and flavorful, I really won't know how it performs until I vape it, other than smell, although I have developed SOME accuracy with that. It smells like it will develop a nice, strong tea flavor.

Anna
Anna,
Thank you so much! Believe it or not I actually own that same brand flavoring in Earl Grey, but I haven't started my DIY juice activities just yet. I did notice that it was really strong.

I had a large unsweet iced tea from a take out restaurant (probably 30 oz) and put two drops in and you could taste Earl Grey all through it. I really must get busy with my DIY liquid plans. :)

I was just putting feelers out for good premade tea juices. I've heard there's a brand called POET that does a great tea, but no one else thus far.

Last edited:

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Go to ELR recipes and in resources click on flavor list, then type in Earl Grey black tea; when the list comes up click on ratings (on right). Don't think you have to join to use the list, wouldn't be sorry if you did, great tools and it's free. Another free site is All the Recipes.
Letitia,
That site is amazing! Thank you for sharing it with me!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Anna,
Thank you so much! Believe it or not I actually own that exact flavoring, but I haven't started my DIY juice activities just yet. I did notice that it was really strong. I had a large unsweet iced tea from a take out restaurant (probably 30 oz) and put two drops in and you could taste Earl Grey all through it. I really must get busy with my DIY liquid plans. :)
With a plain black tea concentrate you will need to order a bergamot as well.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Captain Jean Luc loves Earl Grey getting it from the replicator on his ship all the time bet it could make some great earl grey e-liquid.
71582.jpg

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread