What is the Best tank out there that doesn't leak after a few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
notcigs M1A1 is what I've used since August 2011. In all that time, I've only replaced one o ring.

With a carto tank, you want to make sure the inner orings (that touch the carto) are wet when you insert the carto, and use a twisting motion, like screwing in a light bulb, when the carto mouth is passing an oring; this compresses the ring instead of shearing it.

For a carto tank, you want plain (stainless steel) finish. A lot of places sell pre-punched cartos, else you can punch your own, pretty trivial to do. I use the carto punch that valleyviewvapes sells, it's consistent, I've done over 100 two-hole cartos with one screw.

For a good carto, I recommend the ones IkenVape carries, though people's tastes vary. I really love his 801 fusions, however the 510 platinums are also excellent. (I haven't tried the 510 fusions.)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have never tried the tanks where you need to punch the carto. what carto is needed for this style?

You don't need to punch your own carto's to use in a tank, in fact I recommend not doing so. Most vendors sell what are called "pre-punched" cartomizers ready to fill and place into a tank. These are carto's with laser-drilled holes. I recommend using these instead.

Punching your own holes with a carto tank tool or with other means like a saddle valve invariably warp the shape of the carto from round to oval, which when passed through the inner o-rings of the tank's end caps can stress and damage them...resulting in the above leaking of the original poster.

If you do decide to punch your own, use only the silver stainless steel variety, not the black ones.

I have a list of vendors selling the pre-punched carto's in my blog here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

tool-punched carto.jpg laser-drilled.jpg

Tool-punched cartomizer and a laser-drilled cartomizer.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I've seen very mixed reviews on that tank. You can probably easily find a thread on it here if you do a little bit of searching.

The main appeal of that tank is its so-called ability to not accidentally fall off of your battery device. I've never seen the need for that. I learned from the beginning not to pick my vaping device up from the tank, but by the device itself. I've never had an issue of a tank sliding off of my battery device by praticing this common sense.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I like that one because of its small size, I am not a huge fan of the huge tanks.

Then check out the 3.5ml capacity tanks from My Vapor Store. 510 Pro DCTank Combo

DCT-on-ego.jpg

Unlike the tank you linked to, this tank is made of polypropylene, and is safe to use with all flavors such as cinnamon and citrus flavors that can crack or melt polycarbonate plastic

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
inksane said:
I like that one because of its small size, I am not a huge fan of the huge tanks.

Another nod for phiniac. Just be sure to use a tank tool and no worries.

Don't you just love people who don't bother reading the entire thread, or pay no attention to the preferences of the questioner. The OP just said they prefered a smaller tank, and then someone comes along and recommends a Phiniac, which is a large tank. :facepalm:

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm tired from being up all night.

gjshaw29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Boise, Idaho

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
Personal experience, every carto tank I've ever used has leaked. I'm perfectly willing to accept that it may be due to cheap tanks or ineptitude on my part but I'm not going to buy the best and most expensive right out of the gate. I have two Vivi Nova tanks and they've never leaked not even a little and they give me a great vaping experience.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Vision Vivi Nova has been the most leak free tank I've used. The tank is threaded onto the end caps and the atomizer head is contained inside the tank. You can slide it into a jeans pocket, sit down or drive, and not worry about leaks. I find the vapor and flavor to be about equal to the average carto.

I like the 2ml mini tanks because of the slim size that matches the diameter of most 18650 battery tubes. Twice a day refilling will get me through until night and it's easy to fill from a small sample bottle. Just screw off the top, drip the juice in, and screw the top back on.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
Don't you just love people who don't bother reading the entire thread, or pay no attention to the preferences of the questioner. The OP just said they prefered a smaller tank, and then someone comes along and recommends a Phiniac, which is a large tank. :facepalm:

Sorry for the rant. I guess I'm tired from being up all night.

Must have missed it - Here is his original request

as the title states I am looking for the best tank out there that wont leak everywhere within a few days, I don't care if it is rebuildable or not and 510 or ego connector. I have tried tons of different ones and they all seem to leak within an few days.

Where is he talking about tank size? - I thought he was looking for "leak free" tank (assuming it is not a carto issue) which indicated to me that either the design or quality would come into play and price was not mentioned..if tank size is an issue maybe he should amend the original question and he wouldn't get answers like Phiniac .. which is absolutely a solid and correct recommendation regarding the original question as is a Vivi Nova which I have found very leak free..

Dont ya just love inappropriate and overreaching responses some time :glare:.. Just having a little go at you Bad but I thought this was out of character for you..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread