What is the best way to try new flavours, eliquids, ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been vaping for a while but only with disposable pre-filled cartridges on a small 510 style battery, i have now binned that lot and moved onto more advanced newer equipment.

I am looking for info on cartomisers, atomisers and clearomisers/tanks.

I have bought Boge cartomisers and a Kanger 2.4ml clearomiser/tank and over 10 different types of ejuice, i have filled up several of the cartomisers with different flavours so i can try each one in turn, but i was thinking that this could be a waste as if i did not like a particular flavour then the cartomiser will be tainted, so is it best to stick with one particular flavour per cartomiser or can you refill a used carto with a different juice?

The same goes for the clearomiser/tank can i use different flavours in the one device, do i have to clean it out and change the atomiser head for each new flavour?

Am i right in thinking that the best way to try new and different flavours is to use a atomiser and cartridge tank setup or just direct dripping into the atomiser :confused:

Cheers

Gaz

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Agreed with cdunn96.

I used a clearomizer, but it crapped out on me, so I got a 510 low resistance (1.8 ohms) atomizer from Vaporcaststore.com I also bought an ego "cone" to screw over the atomizer, and a drip tip that plugs into the top of the cone. Sounds confusing but it's actually quite simple.

Buy this atomizer (well, not THIS this, but something like this... If you can find it cheaper somewhere else, go there, but this is what I'm talking about): Genuine Joye 510 Atomizer (Standard & LR) - The VaporCast Store

The cone that screws onto your ego-style 510 battery, covering and protecting the atomizer: eGo Cone - The VaporCast Store

And a drip tip that snaps onto the cone (and can be easily removed and put back when dripping): Black Delrin 510/901 Wide Mouth Drip Tip - The VaporCast Store

With these three tools, you'll taste your juice waaaay better, feel a bigger throat hit, and get excellent vapor.

However, with drip tips:

1) keep a paper towel handy at all times. I'm .... about cleaning out all three components if I plan on switching juices. I take it apart, clean everything, get into all the nooks and crannies using a paper towel. Then I reassemble it, drip in the new juice (3-4 drops is all you really need, it'll last about the length of a real cigarette, depending on how much and how hard you vape).

2) you have to keep constantly dripping throughout the day. If this isn't convenient for you, or annoys you, I'd go with a cartomizer or clearomizer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been vaping for 5 months and in that time I've never enjoyed dripping, for various reasons. If you try it and don't like it, or don't wish to bother, I've found another way to test flavors.

First of all, you'll save a LOT of money if you only order trial sizes or sampler packs from new juice vendors. If you do find a flavor(s) that you like enough to reorder in a larger bottle, you'll have it within a few days.

Now, what I use are the ce2/ce3. Different retailers call them one name or the other. These are disposable, but they are also reusable. They are small capacity, around 1ml (about what you need to test a new flavor); clear (to judge the juice's viscosity or thickness); no polyfill (unlike a cartomizer) to possibly alter the juice's taste; relatively cheap at $10 for a 5-pack; if you don't like the test juice, remove it, rinse the device with water, and refill with the next juice. The current ones require a small needle and syringe to fill, but it is really easy, just read the instructions included.

View attachment 134092 View attachment 134093 View attachment 134094

Last edited:

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
I'm with Baditude. Have never really enjoyed dripping. Using the CE3s makes testing new samples of juice super easy.

And if you don't mind dripping, you can actually make a nice little attie out of a CE3. Just pull the center metal tube out, cut the plastic tube down to the size of an attie and put a drip tip on it. Now you have a $2 attie and the juice will taste the same as when you vape it out of a CE3. It's easy to clean too!

Baditude & Gloria, that sounds a very good way to try different ejuice, though vaping parts here in the UK are like everything else here F:censored: EXPENSIVE, we don't use the term "RIP OFF BRITAIN" for nothing.

I have not tried direct dripping and i do not own an atomiser, if i did i would give it a go, but i will look at acquiring a small CE2/CE3 style clearomiser and try my liquid this way.

kindnugs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Agreed with cdunn96.

I used a clearomizer, but it crapped out on me, so I got a 510 low resistance (1.8 ohms) atomizer from Vaporcaststore.com I also bought an ego "cone" to screw over the atomizer, and a drip tip that plugs into the top of the cone. Sounds confusing but it's actually quite simple.

Buy this atomizer (well, not THIS this, but something like this... If you can find it cheaper somewhere else, go there, but this is what I'm talking about): Genuine Joye 510 Atomizer (Standard & LR) - The VaporCast Store

The cone that screws onto your ego-style 510 battery, covering and protecting the atomizer: eGo Cone - The VaporCast Store

And a drip tip that snaps onto the cone (and can be easily removed and put back when dripping): Black Delrin 510/901 Wide Mouth Drip Tip - The VaporCast Store

With these three tools, you'll taste your juice waaaay better, feel a bigger throat hit, and get excellent vapor.

However, with drip tips:

1) keep a paper towel handy at all times. I'm .... about cleaning out all three components if I plan on switching juices. I take it apart, clean everything, get into all the nooks and crannies using a paper towel. Then I reassemble it, drip in the new juice (3-4 drops is all you really need, it'll last about the length of a real cigarette, depending on how much and how hard you vape).

2) you have to keep constantly dripping throughout the day. If this isn't convenient for you, or annoys you, I'd go with a cartomizer or clearomizer.

Thank you for this info. I've been trying to rap my head around tasting my new stuff with a carto and it just sucks. I bought stuff similar to what you suggested on HighDesertVapes and used a new years coupon =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread