What is the cause of inconsistancy between atomisers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
For all the technically minded vapers out there, can you explain why there is inconsistancy between atomisers?

I am not talking about DOA / premature failure atomisers / what causes them to fail, etc, but the difference between new, working atomisers of the same make/model, using the same battery and cart. One can give a greater throat hit than another.

(We've all got our favourite atty, right?)

So, what's the difference between them that can cause this phenomenon?

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com

Very tiny differences in the length/width/solder-amount/quality of the nichrome wire used to make the coil in the atomizer can change the resistance in the atomizer, significantly effecting how voltage applied to it allows it to perform.

Imagine if when you bought gas from the same gas station, you could be getting anywhere from 85-99 octane, but it always says "regular". Your car would act all kinds of different week to week in regards to performance and gas mileage.

Also, the cart-mouthpiece to atomizer fit makes a much bigger difference than you'd think. Tiny variations in the size of the mouth of the atomizer where the cart fits can effect performance.

Minute variations on the size of air holes on the bottom make a difference. Even a slight change in how the threads are done could make a difference. If joe worker in chinese factory 7 accidentally bumps one setting a few millimeters, we could all get a shipment of the greatest atomizers ever, or the worst duds.

Ok, I think I've beaten this horse to death. Anybody else want the stick?

NOTE: Not to mention differences in battery age, time left on charge, the relative humidity, how what you ate for lunch is effecting your taste buds, etc. Lots and lots of variables in play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread