FDA What is the deal with this "The United States Vapers' Survey"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Why this survey in the highlight box?

The United States Vapers’ Survey: Home | My CMS

Isn't this the same survey we were asked to fill out just prior to the regulations having been released? The questions sound verbatim similar.

And what qualifies this one as "the most important survey in vaping yet"? It just seems to be collecting more demographics that have already been collected - which to date appears to have not helped at all.

Genuinely lost as to what the point of this one really is.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Some of my questions were different this time. In particular the "on a scale of 1 - 10" section now takes in to consideration those of us with a gap between smoking and vaping. Remember complaining about this months ago when I took it the first time. Possibly a few other minor changes but can not point to one.

Still not friendly to DIY mixing!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I have some thoughts for those who make up surveys.

• I like the ability to view all the questions prior to beginning to answer the survey.
  • I appreciate the opportunity to not answer some questions.

I don't like to find myself on page five of a sequential questionnaire and facing a question such as, 'If vaping products become illegal, I'll likely turn to criminal means to continue.' (Yes/No)
If I do find questions I'd rather not answer, I ditch the survey at that point. Those keeping tabs will just have to rely on any keystroke loggers or similar means that may be in play for my answers up to that point.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I did the survey, first one I've done. They seem to be concerned with your attitudes about vaping and your reasons for taking it up. For instance, were you worried that others were offended by your smoking, or concerned with effects on their health from your smoking? Or... were you having health problems from smoking and needed a way to quit. I'm solidly in the latter camp. I had serious and threatening health problems from smoking and knew I had to quit.

I especially liked the parts where they let me say that the FDA is a criminal enterprise in the pockets of BT and BP, thoroughly corrupt, it's all about the money, and those people belong in prison. :D

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I especially liked the parts where they let me say that the FDA is a criminal enterprise in the pockets of BT and BP, thoroughly corrupt, it's all about the money, and those people belong in prison. :D
I said generally the same thing. 'Cept I stopped before going to those obvious conclusions.

Reactions: DC2

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I said generally the same thing. 'Cept I stopped before going to those obvious conclusions.

Of course they are the obvious conclusions, but if we don't state them they will feel free to ignore them. I say shove it right in their faces in LARGE NUMBERS!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I know I've taken that survey at least once before but i think the last part, where we get to tell them how corrupt the FDA is, is new.

Those parts are the open fields where they let you say what you think in an open texted answer. Not being able to think of anything else relevant I gave them what I really think of the FDA reptiles.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
The part that was strange was when they asked something like When you smoked did you smoke at least 3 cigarettes in a month or day. Three, three.?? Jeez if I smoked 3 cigarettes in a month I wouldn't be writing everyone to save vaping. How about three cigarettes in a minute. I was a SMOKER, I didn't dabble in it. Jeez. At 30 cigarettes a day for 46 years that is 500, 700 cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread