What is the difference between PG juice and VG juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Glycerol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We use P.G or Propylene Glycol in most e-liquids as a carrier for flavors. the V.G. vegitable Glycerin or Glycerol or Glycerin I s also used. Some people have a sensitivity to P.G. and choose to use V.G. instead. It is thicker and need s to be thinned down a touch with distilled water (do not use tap water because of the minerals) or a clear liquor like Vodka.
Glycerin that can be found at drug stores , supermarkets and Wal-mart needs to have USP on the label. This is the same as V.G. but much thicker. I use it to add to my P.G. e-juice to add vapor.
I hope this answers some questions!
Welcome to ECF!:)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
If you have any P.G. e-liquid you can see how thick it is. That works best, but there are those who do like V.G. thicker! Just don't get it any thinner then the P.G.it will flood the atty.

Glycerine really is too thick..thin that down a touch. :p

Sometimes by just adding flavor to the V.G. is enough to thin it down. Do whatever works best for you! Check out our DIY liquid forum to see some great recipes and tips.

DIY e-liquid

I know this is a silly question, but is there any already made liquids that are VG? Does VG give more vapor? I read all the above replies, but just want to make sure. And which has the stronger throat hit?

There sure are :) I'm one of those people who are extremely sensitive to PG and have had to switch to VG juice. VG produces loads of vapor and, for me at least, good TH but without the pain and severe coughing I experienced with PG.

There's a good list of suppliers that carry at least some VG juice, or only VG:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vg-users-only/42419-suppliers-4.html

AmericaneLiquidStore.com has, so far, been my favorite (but juice preference is definitely a personal thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread