What is the life time of your EGO-C type A atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
So, i'm vaping for about 3.5 months now with two EGO-C type A atties. I clean them every week with hot water. They are still performing well.
I've read a lot of posts of people talking about replacing atties every few weeks (or even days). So i bought two boxes of EGO-C atties LR to have some spare ones. But up 'till now i didn't need a spare one.
The same with my Kanger T2 clearo's. Cleaning the coils every weekend and they are still holding on after 3 months.
I use a lot of different juices as i am DIY and testing a lot of different ones.

How about your atties? Are they also holding strong? At what rate do you replace your atty? I'm very curious.

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
i use ego-t type b.... and they are similar-ish. Got to in the starter kit, first time cleaning them with rubbing alcohol, i ruined one, has a yicky taste... i drip into it, and i use this atty daily, like really nothing else, and it's going strong...
granted i bought 10 more from china, and shoot I might decide to go with other attys for dripping before i use all of them.
I have no idea why people go through attys so quickly, i even have a VV battery.... maybe these are VV and VP people... makes you think then huh lol

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Glad you're having good luck. I'm not!
Not sure if it's the same type you are referring to, but just last week I received my first type-C "rebuildable" and vaped with it a few times and liked it. Suddenly it died. I took it apart to replace the "head" assuming that was the issue, and a new head didn't work. Nothing worked. I had been generally using ego-T type A cartridge/atomizer style for the last 8 months or so and none have failed. I clean the wicks and do quick dry burns and have been good to go. I also use vision stardust 1.6 ml type clearomizers and they're good too.
Back to the topic: Life time of mine was about 5 draws LOL then dead. I contacted the vendor after spending way too much time fiddling with this new C type atomizer/head/body. He told me to send the whole batch of stuff back and he'd exchange them out for something else. I'll stick with the old ego-T tank style A and cartridges on my ego twist dialed up a notch to get the best flavor out of them.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i got my first attys in early May. a genuine joye approx 2.2 ohm, and a 2.0 ohm dual coil vision atty. i was slow to convert to attys for the first month or so that i had them, but they are both still operational, cleaning periododically. in july i got an empire mods atty thats still going strong. ive probably put 5ml a week thru it minimum, cleaning it approx monthly with the syringe method using both hot water and then vodka. and i got a vmod in september thats still on its original atty, havent even cleaned it yet (which reminds me). ive probably put 30ml through it. ive got 2 backup vmod attys and 2 backup EM attys. im looking into 2 ikenvape attys, so i oughta be good for several months, if not more.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy,

My average was about a month per atomizer, but then again I chain vape like an out of control freight train. I swapped over to an APV Mod for this reason and dripping. It didn't exactly yield more life out the atomizer ( In truth actually went through them faster) but was a sparse bit cheaper to replace them when they did finally kick the bucket.

Really though the average from what I've been told is about 2 months, that's at least what eGo says they should last. I know that running colored liquids through your atomizer will reduce its lifespan as they tend to tar up on the coils. Try to stick to clear fluids and dry burn about every other week...running straight PG through won't hurt either and may loosen the cake on the coils for a bit more kick out of your atomizer.
Cleaning the wick in the spike will help keep the atomizer from reaching superheated temperatures and possibly shortening the lifespan of your atomizer, just like an engine need coolant your atomizer relies on juice to keep everything running properly. Worse case is you keep a spare around for those just in case moments, we all have one and it seems fate loves to pick the most inopportune times to lay it on.
Hope this helps out a bit, learned a lot in the time I've been vaping and plan to pass what I know along if it helps.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

DangYankee

Jan 5, 2012
Louisiana
Been having real problems with eGo type A (and also type B but to a lesser extent) burning out. Some would last for days, even up to a few weeks, but some don't even last a day. They work for a while, then nothing. The last five pack I started about two weeks ago and now all are burned out. Don't hear other people on this board having this extent of problems. Am I doing something wrong?

I've also been using Vision clearomizers, and these I've had great success with. They last a good long while--a month or more-- before finally plugging up. I like the type A system with the tanks, but if I can't figure out how to make the attys last longer I may give them up.

I also notice that the type B's seem to burn hotter than the A's. Same resistance, but the assembly gets hot real fast and I have to put it down quite often to let cool. Anyone else have that experience?

Vappa

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Netherlands
Been having real problems with eGo type A (and also type B but to a lesser extent) burning out. Some would last for days, even up to a few weeks, but some don't even last a day. They work for a while, then nothing. The last five pack I started about two weeks ago and now all are burned out. Don't hear other people on this board having this extent of problems. Am I doing something wrong?

I've also been using Vision clearomizers, and these I've had great success with. They last a good long while--a month or more-- before finally plugging up. I like the type A system with the tanks, but if I can't figure out how to make the attys last longer I may give them up.

I also notice that the type B's seem to burn hotter than the A's. Same resistance, but the assembly gets hot real fast and I have to put it down quite often to let cool. Anyone else have that experience?

Where are you using your EGO A on? And at what Voltage do you use them?

Since a few weeks i am using the standard resistance atties and they perform much better then the LR ones. Recently i'm using the EGO A on my Vamo and my eVic and they are doing well. Except for that i believe i'm going much faster through my juice now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread