What is the maximum # of volts can I use with a 1.6 Ohm coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammstein

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Green Bay, USA
I have a battery that is capable of going up to 6.0 V but the chart that came with the battery did not have 1.6 Ohm listed on the chart, it skipped from 1.5 Ohm to 1.8 Ohm.
I just need to know what the max amount of volts that I can use with this coil without reducing it's life expectancy to much.

- Also is there any reason to prefer variable wattage mode over variable voltage? because I always use V/V mode never even tried V/W.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I have a battery that is capable of going up to 6.0 V but the chart that came with the battery did not have 1.6 Ohm listed on the chart, it skipped from 1.5 Ohm to 1.8 Ohm.
I just need to know what the max amount of volts that I can use with this coil without reducing it's life expectancy to much.

- Also is there any reason to prefer variable wattage mode over variable voltage? because I always use V/V mode never even tried V/W.
If you're using a smaller tank (which you are) than vv is not much different than vw. It's when you start getting into higher power stuff that the greater accuracy of vw makes a difference. As far as how many volts, just start low and go up until you don't like the vape. Once you find that point, turn it down. That chart doesn't really apply to newer tanks with better airflow to cool the coils.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Vv and vw get you to the same place....but folks will argue about that. I'd recommend starting low and adjusting up until you like it. Dont worry about the charts. Depending on wicking ability and airflow, my guess is you'll be happy around 4v

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I use an Aspire Nautilus which currently has a 1.8 coil and have the mod set to 13 watts and 4.8 volts. I can get 3 days of battery life on an istick 30w vaping all day. My settings for 1.6 are 16.5 watts and 5.4 volts. This works for me. This is my work week/all day vape. You may like warmer vape but flavor is usually due to air flow. Less flow means more juice is sucked into the coil = more flavor.

Reactions: dhood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread