What Is The New Top Tier Sub Ohm Tanks Nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
What wattage does that kind of thing need? I doubt my 100w eleaf holds up to the new tanks these days

Usually run my tfv8 around 80-120 watts, tfv12 needs 130+. The quad coils don't require a whole of power. Your' eleaf should be able to run the tfv8 quad.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What wattage does that kind of thing need? I doubt my 100w eleaf holds up to the new tanks these days

No one says you have to blast them. I've used the octacouple who know's what its called by Smok, 0.15 ohm coil and had a great vape at 50W. While chasing clouds can be about power, it's certainly not always necessary.

Get the tank first. If you can't live with the 100W mod you have, then go shopping. Chances are you'll be fine.

Edit: like kbeam just said right before me.

JEB

Unregistered Supplier
May 19, 2010
Chicago
www.hotvapes.com
  • JEB
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: vs Supplier Rules - unauthorized area

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
What the heck! Go for the gusto!

Pick up the new Smok GX2/4 kit that comes with the Big Baby Beast tank. Run that in dual battery mode. Also get a TFV12 (matching, of course), put it on the mod in quad battery configuration, and blow some clouds.
Yeah Ive been looking at the gx2 for the box mod, I dont really have any use for the baby beast with the tfv12 so its a shame it costs more. Im pretty broke so i have to cut corners

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Yeah Ive been looking at the gx2 for the box mod, I dont really have any use for the baby beast with the tfv12 so its a shame it costs more. Im pretty broke so i have to cut corners

I believe I have seen the GX2/4 available in mod only. VapeNW shows it, but all colors "out of stock." But it is only $11 more for the kit, so not a bad cost just to have another flavor ready to go when the urge hits. :D

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
If you're "going for the gusto" consider the Smok GX350... it comes with the TFV8.

If you want to experiment with building, and dripping, but want to be able to fall back on coil heads, the Ijoy Combo RDTA is pretty sweet.

If you want to stick with the box you have, consider the TFV4. It's still a decent piece of kit...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
i yet it usually has the most complaints..

Based on??????

I've never had a Smok tank that didn't leak like a running water faucet when using the RBA decks. I've tried different coils, different wicking methods, etc..... Still the same result unless I packed them so full of cotton they couldn't wick at all and it was nothing but dry hits.

I bought an OBS Engine a few months ago and it's the best tank I've ever owned. I really need to get 2 or 3 more.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I've never had a Smok tank that didn't leak like a running water faucet when using the RBA decks. I've tried different coils, different wicking methods, etc..... Still the same result unless I packed them so full of cotton they couldn't wick at all and it was nothing but dry hits.

I bought an OBS Engine a few months ago and it's the best tank I've ever owned. I really need to get 2 or 3 more.

Thanks, and that exemplifies my point. With all brands, there are "failures." The only Smok buildable I have is the TF RTA G2 and I have managed to get it working nicely. But I am not familiar with the rest, so won't comment. It would seem unreasonable to avoid SMOK mods because of problematic tank build decks. If one wants to, fine by me. But making the effort to convert others to that philosophy would seem unreasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread