What is the smoothest portable vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well...the devices used (the types, their settings chosen, coil types used & their resistance, low or high volts or watts, etc.) and the eliquid specifics (PG/VG ratio, nic mg, brand of nic sometimes, % of flavorings used, brands of flavorings, etc.) can ALL affect the smoothness and easiness of your vaping experience. Also, as @Bunnykiller stated...it seems you're asking for something pretty contradictory! :)

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi there Bunnykiller
If I'm reading you right it is the hard draw you don't like. Vaporizers are divided into two main camps called MTL (mouth to lung as in the way most of us smoked cigs) and DTL (direct to lung, the way most of us smoked other things). The difference is primarily in how hard it is to draw air through the vape, the former being much harder to draw through than the latter. Personally I don't like MTL as they are hard to draw and create a lot less vapor. Most of the cig-a-like products, vape pens, and some of the tank/mod combos are made this way. Most of the tank/mod combos are not and if you ask lots of folks will give you good suggestions as to what they like best.

You want a punch then that is normally found in the liquid you're vaping. By punch I am assuming you mean what we call a throat and/or lung hit. Most e-liquid is made up of two base liquids VG (vegetable glycerin) & PG (propylene glycol). The ratio normally goes from a 50/50 mix up to almost 100% VG (called max VG). I've never seen PG higher than 50% however since the flavor concentrates are usually carried in PG it is almost impossible to get away from it entirely. It is the PG that provides the throat/lung hit. Since PG makes me cough I don't like it and stick to max VG myself but lots of folks do like it and look for what they describe as a satisfying throat hit. Higher nic also gives some throat hit but I'd describe it more of a peppery afterburn than an up front throat hit, but again some folks like it.

Finally if you get into sub-ohm vaping (which really just means your atomizer has a resistance of less than 1.0 on its coil so you need to give it more power to heat it up) you'll find you are producing bigger clouds which in themselves can be more of a hit. Especially true if you've got PG & nic in there since with bigger clouds you expose yourself to more of them. Sub-ohm vaping usually means you're going the DTL route, but not always, and pretty much requires you to use a tank/mod combo as opposed to a pen type device.

Hope this helps. Now my suggestion would be a mod in the 75 to 80 watt range and the normal temp control modes, such as the Evic mini or the Pico Dual, or if you want small then the Aster is a nice small one (you can get by with a 40 watt mod but they're about the same price and why limit yourself). For a tank if you want big clouds and don't mind paying a bit more for coils then Smok's Baby Beast or Big Baby will provide lots of cloud, otherwise I am partial to the Crown 1 tanks (not the 2's). Most mods are about the same and everyone has their own favorites when it comes to tanks.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You want a punch then that is normally found in the liquid you're vaping. By punch I am assuming you mean what we call a throat and/or lung hit. Most e-liquid is made up of two base liquids VG (vegetable glycerin) & PG (propylene glycol). The ratio normally goes from a 50/50 mix up to almost 100% VG (called max VG). I've never seen PG higher than 50% however since the flavor concentrates are usually carried in PG it is almost impossible to get away from it entirely. It is the PG that provides the throat/lung hit. Since PG makes me cough I don't like it and stick to max VG myself but lots of folks do like it and look for what they describe as a satisfying throat hit. Higher nic also gives some throat hit but I'd describe it more of a peppery afterburn than an up front throat hit, but again some folks like it.

Finally if you get into sub-ohm vaping (which really just means your atomizer has a resistance of less than 1.0 on its coil so you need to give it more power to heat it up) you'll find you are producing bigger clouds which in themselves can be more of a hit. Especially true if you've got PG & nic in there since with bigger clouds you expose yourself to more of them. Sub-ohm vaping usually means you're going the DTL route, but not always, and pretty much requires you to use a tank/mod combo as opposed to a pen type device.

Actually, nicotine is what provides the throat hit. Pg enhances the throat hit and flavour. Pure pg alone won't give much of a throat hit at all. 70% pg used to be pretty much the standard a couple of years ago.

And low resistance itself doesn't mean that a higher wattage needs to be used. It's about coil mass. Lower resistance coils are usually made with thicker wire and thus more coil mass, requiring more power to heat up, but that needn't be the case. For example, a six wrap ni200 coil made with 30ga wire comes out at about .1Ω and can't take much more than 10w (of course, that depends on the airflow as well).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Amazing how someone looking for smooth and easy is pointed to coil building and wicking. Easy for some sure but someone looking for simple and easy usually isn't looking to be dripping and making sure the cotton and liquid wells are full every few pulls. Just my thoughts on the OP original request for info.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Amazing how someone looking for smooth and easy is pointed to coil building and wicking. Easy for some sure but someone looking for simple and easy usually isn't looking to be dripping and making sure the cotton and liquid wells are full every few pulls. Just my thoughts on the OP original request for info.
hey now! lol i pointed out those evil tanks... hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread