What? Is This Guy an Idiot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps more importantly it should be pointed out that a range of 48-103 is a much WIDER range than 26.8-43.2. That is evidence that SmokefreE-cigarettes are actually more consistent than combustible cigarettes.

The point was that if you vaping 5ml of juice at 20mg strength (100mg nicotine daily) you are not de facto a 5PAD equivalent.

If you vape 5ml of e-juice containing 20mg/ml nicotine, that is the same amount of nicotine contained in 5-6 combustible cigarettes (avg ~1.63%). However, most of the nicotine in cigarettes is destroyed by combustion or lost to "sidestream" smoke, so one teaspoon (5ml) of smokefreE-liquid can replace one or more full packs of combustible cigarettes.

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
If you vape 5ml of e-juice containing 20mg/ml nicotine, that is the same amount of nicotine contained in 5-6 combustible cigarettes (avg ~1.63%). However, most of the nicotine in cigarettes is destroyed by combustion or lost to "sidestream" smoke, so one teaspoon (5ml) of smokefreE-liquid can replace one or more full packs of combustible cigarettes.

Exactly. I work on around 5 cigarettes per 1ml at 28mg as a comparison and agree with most posters that my body tells me I've had enough.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I sure wish these smart scientists would learn to read.

They read at a very fast pace and in so doing extract what they are assuming or what they want to assume prior to starting the read. A scientist will tell you they do not have to digest the knowledge - they already have it or will create it...

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
They read at a very fast pace and in so doing extract what they are assuming or what they want to assume prior to starting the read. A scientist will tell you they do not have to digest the knowledge - they already have it or will create it...

Awww, c'mon SR. That's the pseudo-scientists. We real scientists draw conclusions from data, not data from conclusions. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapa-tapa-tapa-tapatalk

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Someone should ask that guy if he would just keep drinking water because it was from a drinking fountain instead of portioned into little bottles.

Vapers don't keep consuming nicotine non-stop just because it's not portioned into cigarettes we can count. When you are no longer thirsty, you stop drinking water. When you no longer crave nicotine, you put down the e-cig. Duh.

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
And if you call him, we want to hear how it went!

I texted him the Seigel blog, he responded but didn't understand the 127char limit on SMS.

UtahFooFooHead said:
: I read them earlier this week. He only reports on the little blurb that the DesNews quoted me on. I'm sure we're on the same side (nicotine is bad hether from a

I'd rather have someone else from Casaa talk to him, as I just want to shout "do you want me to get cancer and die".

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
Really... Hmmm interesting. Most of us are intelligent and well educated enough to find this forum and read and understand the pros and cons. I think it would be interesting to find out how many of us have advanced degrees. I suspect the number would be high.

I too would be interested in a general IQ poll, however, I dropped out of college after 2 semesters because I found that just about everything I was being "taught" was either already obsolete or was going to be before I graduated. That and I found that I being autodidactic was a more efficient way to absorb what I needed to know. I do not have an advanced degree (I'm the only member of my family who doesn't have at least a BA/BS); however, I have an I.Q. above 140 and consider myself to be exceptionally well educated though not via traditional channels. I have found that individuals I introduce to electronic cigarettes are far more likely to enjoy and/or stick with it if they have what I would consider above average intelligence.

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
Someone should ask that guy if he would just keep drinking water because it was from a drinking fountain instead of portioned into little bottles.

Vapers don't keep consuming nicotine non-stop just because it's not portioned into cigarettes we can count. When you are no longer thirsty, you stop drinking water. When you no longer crave nicotine, you put down the e-cig. Duh.

There are days, there are those stressful days, that I swear I vape like there's no tomorrow, but you're quite right. The fool in this article seems to believe that we are mindless sheep that will eat themselves to death given the opportunity.

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
David Nevil said:
I read them earlier this week. He only reports on the little blurb that the DesNews quoted me on. I'm sure we're on the same side (nicotine is bad hether from an NRT or an e-cig but not as bad as smoking). I'm glad you texted me. Online can be so combative sometimes. I sent you a facebook friend request, too. :)

The 2nd text came though, so at least he concedes that a nicotine habit isn't as bad as smoking, he just won't say it in public.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
The ANTZ have smokers stereotyped: Low level of education, low SES (that's socioeconomic status in plain-speak), low IQ, plus rude, and uncouth.

The ANTZ believe that all the "smart" peeps quit smoking years and years ago. Those who kept on smoking must be too stupid to understand that the practice is hazardous. That's why they have "classes" for people who want to quit smoking.
Dr.'s had a tougher time quitting than their patients did. Next time I feel like yelling 'stupid dr dont know his head from a hole in the ground!!!" .... chances are .... i'll be right.

Last edited:

mekks

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Perhaps more importantly it should be pointed out that a range of 48-103 is a much WIDER range than 26.8-43.2. That is evidence that SmokefreE-cigarettes are actually more consistent than combustible cigarettes.

Looking at it like this I would figure I vape no more then I smoked, as I'm at a 18mg average 2ml max a day, maybe 3ml when i first started. Started at a 24 and cut it back once I started on a DCT as it felt to strong with that setup. I was a min half pack to 3/4 pack a day smoker for 23 years.

jbilod1

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Charleston, SC
My question would be, "Do you know what and how much carcinogenic and other chemicals you are 'smoking' in a cigarette?" I KNOW that NO ONE can answer this question.

Compared to the "unknowns" in a cigarette- we vapors know a whole hell of a lot more. I go through 5~6 ml of 18mg/ml nicotine concentration a day...I know EXACTLY how much I get!
Oh, and I know how many "unknown" chemicals I don't get- ZERO!! I KNOW that number too!!

He's right. I vape 3ml per day at 24mg. However, I have absolutely no way to measure the hydrogen cyanide or Formaldehyde I was ingesting with my Winstons.

mekks

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking at this article a little closer, it appears he is ranting about the stupidity in an article reported in the Deseret News

"Utah Health Official Touts Benefit of Tobacco Cigarettes Over E-Cigarettes: At Least You Know How Much Nicotine You're Getting
According to an article in the Deseret News"

He later goes on to say why their logic is ridiculous,

"The Rest of the Story

This story demonstrates how ridiculous the arguments of anti-smoking advocates have become in trying to attack electronic cigarettes. They are now actually defending the real ones in an effort to cast dispersions on the much safer electronic ones."

What made me take a second look at this was the name of the poster "posted by Michael Siegel @ 8:05 AM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread